2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite parts of nomination season is the Bill Masterton Trophy, an award that I've always liked and found to be emblematic of what hockey is supposed to be all about. The other thing I like about it is that every team nominates a player. CCSLC darling Shane Doan was nominated for outstanding perseverance in the face of tremendous adversity last year because a dog bit his daughter. This year, Michal Handzus is the Blackhawks' nominee for "dealing with serious wrist and knee injuries while playing a key role in the Hawks Stanley Cup championship last season." In other words, for being F***ING OLD. I want to read the other teams' justifications, and see how many of them actually say "okay, look, we know he didn't have a heart attack and almost die in the middle of a game, but..."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One of my favorite parts of nomination season is the Bill Masterton Trophy, an award that I've always liked and found to be emblematic of what hockey is supposed to be all about. The other thing I like about it is that every team nominates a player. CCSLC darling Shane Doan was nominated for outstanding perseverance in the face of tremendous adversity last year because a dog bit his daughter. This year, Michal Handzus is the Blackhawks' nominee for "dealing with serious wrist and knee injuries while playing a key role in the Hawks Stanley Cup championship last season." In other words, for being F***ING OLD. I want to read the other teams' justifications, and see how many of them actually say "okay, look, we know he didn't have a heart attack and almost die in the middle of a game, but..."

Thank you for bringing this up. In my opinion, it should go to Peverley or Matt Stajan. At least last year they gave it to somone who deserved it.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

awwww sheeeit Mike Gillis got fired

There were "Fi-re Gill-is" chants late in the third period last night too. Fans got their wish.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

From Vancouver last night:

Pyr3vdC.png

I guess everyone else was outside burning :censored: . Good riddance to bad rubbish.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

vsnAT7b.jpg

Seems like a waste of nature for the shark to not use his teeth.

Pyr3vdC.png

Cut this Canucks attendance in half, then cut that attendance in half, and it would still beat the crowd in Glendale in a millisecond.

You're absolutely right about that...

coyotes-crowd.jpg

Seems like a waste of nature for the shark to not use his teeth.

Cut this Canucks attendance in half, then cut that attendance in half, and it would still beat the crowd in Glendale in a millisecond.

You're absolutely right about that...

coyotes-crowd.jpg

Ouch! I've seen SPHL teams draw better

Playoff-like atmosphere!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I was just about to post that I'm watching this game, and the "crowd" is "erupting" when the Flyers score, and just had a nice "let's go Flyers" cheer.

I'm now convinced that these teams exist solely to appease displaced northeasterners, and they should wear their road jerseys at home. Of course I think that the darks should be the road, so they're already listening to me!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived