2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Detroit and Columbus are virtual certainties to reach the playoffs

You trying to put the hex on us? When there is a little x next to Columbus in the standings, we can start talking playoffs. Until then, let's not assume anything. B)

Now we can talk playoffs. And...the "bonus" goal didn't matter.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
/Playoffs or bust for the Jackets this year. Period.

I say this as someone who pulled for the Jackets during their run last year. Be prepared for "bust." Not only did that Jackets team play out of their minds, but they're now in a new division with Washington, Pittsburgh, the Rangers, and (lol) Philadelphia. It's going to be a harder season for them, even if they do manage to keep up last year's level of play.

:P

6fQjS3M.png

Detroit and Columbus are virtual certainties to reach the playoffs

You trying to put the hex on us? When there is a little x next to Columbus in the standings, we can start talking playoffs. Until then, let's not assume anything. B)

Now we can talk playoffs. And...the "bonus" goal didn't matter.

alright, well, you guys aren't bound to play the Lightning, right? I'm glad you guys aren't bound to play the Lightning. That Nathan Horton dude slaughters Tampa like something else. Some ~13.5% of his career goals have come against Tampa. He scored the only goal in that epic Game 7 in 2011 for the Bruins. I never want to deal with that guy in a big-time game ever again.

Actually, with the Wings losing in the shootout, Tampa vs. Montreal is now a set-in-stone first round matchup. Really hope Bishop will be healthy in a week's time. And if the two NYC-area teams want to beat the Habs to end their regular season and allow the Lightning to sneak past for home ice, I really wouldn't complain about it.

spacer.png

WE ARE IN

This feels great. This is up there with the Reds winning the division in 2010. Seriously.

/Playoffs or bust for the Jackets this year. Period.

I say this as someone who pulled for the Jackets during their run last year. Be prepared for "bust." Not only did that Jackets team play out of their minds, but they're now in a new division with Washington, Pittsburgh, the Rangers, and (lol) Philadelphia. It's going to be a harder season for them, even if they do manage to keep up last year's level of play.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am a bit confused, what exactly happened for Columbus to get that first goal?

EDIT: Just after I posted that, the recap came available on nhl.com, so now I know.

The game began with the Blue Jackets leading 1-0. Nathan Horton's goal was carried over from the March 10 game that was postponed when Stars center Rich Peverley collapsed on the Dallas bench due to a cardiac event.

For anyone who doesn't know.

Congrats CBJ fans. Still proud that Dallas never quit, hopefully we'll be a playoff team too come Sunday. I really like this group Nill and Ruff have put together.

From a hockey fan standpoint I really liked Ruff's move to pull the goalie on the power play with 11 minutes left. Not many coaches would try that kind of thing and it worked because the Blue Jackets are the worst team in the world with the empty net.

I have a good feeling you'll beat Phoenix in the finale showdown on Sunday. Everyone's pulling for you guys because :censored: the Phoenix Coyotes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Rich Peverley game about a month ago.

Columbus had a 1-0 lead, the game was only about six minutes old, when Peverley collapsed on the bench and the rest of the game was eschewed. The NHL went with the compromise route, starting the game over from scratch but allowing Columbus to keep the goal that had been scored in the first game.

spacer.png

The Sharks goalies are making sure they play the Kings 1st round.

You can fault Stalock for the goal he let in, but you shouldn't. Burns misread the play - tried to go get new stick, then saw it was odd man rush. Niemi should have saved all three goals, but he didn't play well tonight.

Still a chance to comeback and win, but very tough against the Ducks, especially in their building.

Archived