2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Wings' playoff streak infographic:

SN-REDWINGS-3.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well Columbus fans, congratulations. You really do deserve this, and I hope the Jackets continue to improve because you deserve that too.

Still...I'm pissed. You'd think I'd be used to the Leafs missing the playoffs by now, but this one hurts. For reasons I could go into, it doesn't really matter. I'm still angry. Wish we were there with you, Blue Jackets. Oh well.

#GoAnyoneNotDetroit

SN-REDWINGS-3.jpg

Well, that last part isn't technically correct...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

SN-REDWINGS-3.jpg

Dallas, Carolina, Colorado and Phoenix were all mid-90's expansion franchises, right?

SN-REDWINGS-3.jpg

Dallas, Carolina, Colorado and Phoenix were all mid-90's expansion franchises, right?
Dallas relocated from Minnesota in the early 90's and Carolina from Hartford in the...

Wait a minute, why am I explaining this? You guys are the hockey nuts :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

SN-REDWINGS-3.jpg

Oh, Sportsnet, now I remember why I only use you for Jays broadcasts.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Yes he is and doing much better than he has in the last couple of seasons. Playing fewer and somewhat more sheltered minutes has helped him quite a bit. Not nearly as many "WTF Brew-Orr" moments this year, anyway.

In any case, thanks Isles! I don't know if Tampa will ultimately take advantage of the great gift afforded unto them with the Isles beating the Habs tonight at Centre Bell, but the opportunity is appreciated anyway. With Bishop possibly unavailable in that series, home ice takes on added value IMO for Tampa and now there's a realistic chance they can grab it.

Of course, SSS, Anders Lindback is playing his best hockey of the season right now and if he's turning it around (read: regressing back to career norms and/or league average norms), well, it's the perfect time for that. Excellent win tonight.

spacer.png

SN-REDWINGS-3.jpg

They were relocated teams, not expansion franchises. The franchises existed before the Red Wings' streak began.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the most obvious proof this season of the broken points system comes in the vein that this mediocre-as-hell Minnesota team has a chance to procure 100 points this season.

A team that just routed Pittsburgh and St. Louis, beat Boston and are on a 7 game point streak (six wins, one OT loss). "Mediocre-as-hell."

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived