2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Is this where I have one of the patented "OMG my team that's high in the standings sucks right now dooooooooooooom!" breakdowns that are so popular around here? Because damnit, Blues.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to post that I'm watching this game, and the "crowd" is "erupting" when the Flyers score, and just had a nice "let's go Flyers" cheer.

I'm now convinced that these teams exist solely to appease displaced northeasterners, and they should wear their road jerseys at home. Of course I think that the darks should be the road, so they're already listening to me!

I'm watching the game, too. The second Giroux goal, holy crap, this isn't even an NHL team he's scoring on. It's sad at this point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lecavalier appears to finally be healthier and settling in. This makes me glad. As much as I've tried to not be bitter about St. Louis, plus the fact that I kinda/sorta like the Rangers and everything, I must say I'm getting some delicious schadenfreude out of his scoring slump that happened the minute he left town.

spacer.png

What a win! They blew it, but they salvaged two points and a ROW.

The Blue Jackets need to do something about their play with the empty net, but all's well that ends well. Ryan Johansen is a Blue Jackets first round pick and not only did he not develop into a skating pile of manure like most of our other first rounders, but he's actually on his way to be one of the league's best players.

This is awesome!

edit: I love this especially Dan Hinote and Craig Hartsburg geeking on the bench.

847667632.gif?1397008233

PvO6ZWJ.png

Tonight seems like it's turning into decision day in the East. Many teams officially clinching bids or clinching their tee times. At the time of this post, Philadelphia has clinched, Detroit and Columbus are virtual certainties to reach the playoffs while Ottawa and Carolina have officially been eliminated. If Tampa holds on, Toronto is also knocked out of the playoff discussion.

Washington, for once, is doing the opposite and keeping themselves afloat, up 4-1 in St. Louis. Go figure.

UPDATE - Toronto kicks the bucket; Tampa wins 3-0.

spacer.png

Welp, 2 more points for Detroit, which means they need 1 point in one of the next three games or the Caps and Devils lose a game. Can almost taste the playoffs.

Wonderful. More Wings playoff hockey.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Blue Jackets need to do something about their play with the empty net, but all's well that ends well. Ryan Johansen is a Blue Jackets first round pick and not only did he not develop into a skating pile of manure like most of our other first rounders, but he's actually on his way to be one of the league's best players.

This is awesome!

edit: I love this especially Dan Hinote and Craig Hartsburg geeking on the bench.

847667632.gif?1397008233

This is just awesome! We Are The 5th Line!

We put our faith in the St. Patrick's Day Blackhawks*, who have crapped out in the last few games for like three years in a row. And oh look the Perds just tied it late.

*just to get the goat of everyone who's always like "WAH WAH IT'S DIFFERENT" every time

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

if this game is tied in the final minute or so, Nashville should pull the goalie. Dallas is who they are chasing; a one point gain in the standings is useless. They also play Phoenix on Thursday so, if there was ever a team six points back in the final week that still had anything resembling a decent chance at the playoffs, it's Nashville.

spacer.png

This is awesome!

Would you rather face Boston or Pittsburgh? Assuming Phi/NYR stay in at 2/3.

If I'm being honest - Boston. Pittsburgh fans are too much to handle and it would be a nightmare. It'd essentially be what happened five years ago with Detroit except five times worse.

It's unlikely we'd get out of the first round anyways so I'm going with Boston and we'll take our chances with getting our first playoff win.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived