2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

So a win tomorrow night will clinch for CBJ?

Also, first time since 1973 that only one Canadian team will be going to the playoffs (The Habs that year as well).

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Trevor Linden to be team president for Vancouver, apparently.

I like Trev and all, but I'm not enthused by this.

No one can argue that Trevor Linden is great at being a Vancouver Canuck. What else is there to the job?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate Detroit as much as the next guy, but going 6-3-1 over the last 10 is pretty great hockey, when compared to the Leafs 2-8. They deserve it and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Boston or Pittsburgh a run in the first round.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Actually, I think that picture is even older than that. It kinda looks like the Kings are wearing their old away uniforms with the purple shoulder yokes, so that would have to be from 2011 at the latest. Plus the scoreboard has the old Kings logo, and not the pencil tip logo. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Coyotes attendance is bad, but it's usually not THAT bad.

You're absolutely right about that...

That's from March of 2013. Couldn't find a picture from this season?
Do you think it changed much?

Whether I do or not, it's a bit disingenuous to use a picture from a different year in reply to a picture from the night before. At least give it some context.

Actually, I think that picture is even older than that. It kinda looks like the Kings are wearing their old away uniforms with the purple shoulder yokes, so that would have to be from 2011 at the latest. Plus the scoreboard has the old Kings logo, and not the pencil tip logo. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Coyotes attendance is bad, but it's usually not THAT bad.

I was basing it on the Bruins-Caps game on the scoreboard. I suppose it could have happened again earlier than last season but that was the final score on that particular day, the same day Phoenix had a 2 goal lead in the second period.

Detroit and Columbus are virtual certainties to reach the playoffs

You trying to put the hex on us? When there is a little x next to Columbus in the standings, we can start talking playoffs. Until then, let's not assume anything. B)

BB52Big.jpg

BkyQrT0CQAAlAEl_zps375d7409.jpg

(my) picture of the year.

This team is...just so much damned fun. Nerve wracking, but a lot of fun.

I agree. I'm starting to find myself cheering for the Jackets almost as hard as I do for the Bruins, they've definitely taken my spot as my #2 team. I just hope they don't play each other in the playoffs.

Archived