2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Blue Jackets lose to Colorado in OT after leading 2-0 in the third because the Blue Jackets scored THREE OWN GOALS for the Avs.

When the :censored: is this :censored:ing hockey team going to get something to go their way?

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, wasn't a perfect effort, but the Sharks still have a pulse in the race for the division. Should be ahead of Anaheim now if it weren't for the Thrashers. :mad:

I disagree. Sharks had their chances to win their previous two games against the Jets and the Avalanche and lost it. It's not Wininpeg's fault - it's the Shark's own fault. While some credit to Jets and Avs, the Sharks at times looked like the couldn't even beat an AHL team vs Winnipeg. Even in tonight's game three times they got pass happy and seemingly lazy and what happened? Edmonton scored three goals. Sharks came back and won, but right now the Sharks wouldn't win ANY playoff series. There are MEGA holes that MUST be cleaned up if the Sharks want to go deep in the playoffs. I will say one of the good things I say late in the third period is the Sharks wanted the victory and they went and got the W. However in the playoffs they must play a full 60 minutes + effort and fight.

Yes, the Sharks won, but If it seems that I'm tough on them it's because I've seen the errors and mistakes resurface - it's been happening as far back as at least 2008. I've spent years hearing Sharks choking in the playoff, and I used to argue it, but until the Sharks players realize that they can't sit back and wait for the victory to come to them (You must go get it) the choking mantra is going to continue to show up. No I don't expect every game to be pretty, but the Sharks got the W, but it was a sloppy effort until the end of the third. Credit to Edmonton for pushing and not letting up.

Off the top of my head here's five points the Blue Jackets should have that they don't:

- Dec 19 at Philadelphia. Give up 4 goals in the third period to blow a 4-1 lead. If Bobrovsky isn't injured they probably win that game. 0 points

- Jan 27 at Carolina. Blow a 2-0 in the last three minutes. Leave NC State's arena with 0 points

- Last night: Give up three own goals in a fifteen minute stretch. 1 point

They're a young team so things like this will happen, but this right here is the difference between them battling for home ice in the division and battling just to get in the playoffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Off the top of my head here's five points the Blue Jackets should have that they don't:

- Dec 19 at Philadelphia. Give up 4 goals in the third period to blow a 4-1 lead. If Bobrovsky isn't injured they probably win that game. 0 points

- Jan 27 at Carolina. Blow a 2-0 in the last three minutes. Leave NC State's arena with 0 points

They're a young team so things like this will happen, but this right here is the difference between them battling for home ice in the division and battling just to get in the playoffs.

Don't forget the bad call in the DET/LA game where the puck went in the netting for a good 5 seconds or so, then landed in the net, sending the game to ot and a detroit win. Those 2 points will effect the entire playoffs (who gets in, who is out, seeding).

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Don't forget the bad call in the DET/LA game where the puck went in the netting for a good 5 seconds or so, then landed in the net, sending the game to ot and a detroit win. Those 2 points will effect the entire playoffs (who gets in, who is out, seeding).

At first, I assumed the Kings got hurt the worst because of the dynamic of the Pacific Division, but it's only 1 point and all the Western playoff races are pretty much locked-up by now.

But man-oh-man will many teams in the East be screwed because of 2 free points the Troll Wings got that they shouldn't have.

that's a huge reach because we still have to remember Detroit had a 6-on-4 PP with over 20 seconds to work with. That's plenty of time to score when up two men on the ice. The Sabres scored a 6-on-4 PP goal against the Jackets to tie a game with 20 seconds left that very same night. It's disingenuous to simply assume Detroit went from zero to two points because of that alone. It's stupid that it was non-reviewable but it could've benefited (or cost) any team at any time. Detroit's been on the other end of almost that exact same play. We just whine because everybody's most hated team benefited from a fluke.

Furthermore, it won't be that fluke play that costs New Jersey or Washington or Toronto their prospective playoff berths. What will cost those teams is being a trainwreck in the shootout, having a goal scorer who hasn't scored ES in over a month, and losing eight straight games in March. If New Jersey's 0-11 shootout record was even just 4-7, they'd be sitting on 84 points and on the inside of the playoff picture; Detroit's fluke has nothing to do with that.

spacer.png

Leafs finally snapped their longest losing streak in 30 years. Mind you, it was against Calgary, and it's likely too little too late, but at least I still have something to cheer for.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If there ever was a year for the Red Wings to miss the playoffs this was it. But no, Gustav Nyquist and Tatar are the new Datsyuk and Zetterberg and that team is going to be good for the rest of our lives.

If you're a wings fan why do you even watch the regular seasons at this point?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda are calling tonight's Coyotes/Kings game. Good if like the duo, not so good if you can't stand them. I know tomorrow's Sharks/King's game is also on NBCSN, but they said last night they won't be calling that game, wonder who it will be, any ideas? Just an fyi, I don't care that much, I'm just bored.

Ducks attendance jokes are the new Coyotes attendance jokes. 1st-place team in the hottest division race in the league, and you couldn't pay people to go to a game, because the Angels are in town and it's free hat night.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ducks attendance jokes are the new Coyotes attendance jokes. 1st-place team in the hottest division race in the league, and you couldn't pay people to go to a game, because the Angels are in town and it's free hat night.

I was just there and on tv it sort of looks bad, but the very top bowl is usually packed.

And Beauch scores. 3-2 Ducks.

IbjBaeE.png

Nevermind the bloated contracts of Pujols and Hamilton. Nevermind the horrawful bullpen the team failed to redesign during the offseason. Nevermind the easy TV viewing rights the team has for its fans. Nevermind the wasteland which is their farm system. Nevermind Scioscia-ball being an expired product with the likes of today's Texas and Oakland teams.

Anaheim fans would prefer the Angels over the Ducks because of a stupid hat!

Archived