2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Someone enlighten me because I'm not sure - I thought judgement calls can't be made retroactively from a review (nevermind the fact Sutter was shoved into Jones). To review it and call it a goal but then not a goal at the same time seemed pretty off to me.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three stars for the Bruins last night counting from 3 to 1 were Rask, Bergeron, and Fire Department

*wanking motion*

Amazing how much pull Denis Leary really has in that town.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Sabres to retire Hasek's number next year.

Exciting! This has high potential for cross-era screwiness.

My personal preference would be for a goat head banner that matches the current ones. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll probably match all of the other retired numbers since he did wear those uniforms, although his best years were definitely in the red and black.

Someone want to explain to me if there's goaltender interference on a goal and they take the "goal" off the board for that, why exactly is the guy who interfered not in the box as a penalty?

Because you can interfere with the goalies ability to make a save without actively causing goaltender interference. Let's say I camp out in the crease right in front of the goaltender. If I am blocking his ability to move inside the crease and the puck goes in, it's no goal. But because I didn't touch the goaltender, it's not a penalty.

And then there's this :censored: that is neither, but somehow both. Because, Montreal.

(I'm not bitter)

The Sharks are sure doing their best to make sure the Ducks win the division. 10-9-4 against the bottom 9 teams from the league :wacko:

Plus Anaheim gets Edmonton 3 more times this year. Watching the Oil on Tuesday, I can't see them beating them once.

See you very soon in the playoffs!

Ottawa strikes me as the Canadian team with the weakest following. I've never seen road teams have such a good presence in a northern city.

Also, this is a year that will benefit the Eastern champs. Six of the top eight teams in the league come from the West and you've got to think the better odds of injury and competition give Boston and Pittsburgh a chance to bounce back and get another trophy come June. It's kind of a shame we can't see a playoffs regardless of conference so we could get some more marquee matchups in the quarterfinals.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Oilers beat Ducks in Alberta, while Los Angeles and Orange County is rolled by three earthquakes an hour apart. One during the 8pm hour and two in the 9 o'clock hour two minutes apart. Used to lived down here and in town for a day and am welcomed by three earthquakes.

Ottawa strikes me as the Canadian team with the weakest following. I've never seen road teams have such a good presence in a northern city.

Pretty much. Their building is always full of Leafs fans. I don't blame them, though, Melnyk is a colossal jerkoff.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Pretty much. Their building is always full of Leafs fans. I don't blame them, though, Melnyk is a colossal jerkoff.

I like Melnyk. He's largely harmless when you consider some of the terrible human beings who own or have owned NHL teams. The Karlsson Report was good clean fun. He's basically the NHL's Dan Gilbert: more dollars than sense, prone to quixotic projects and strange outbursts, team kinda sucks. He might fire Paul MacLean just because! That's Our Melnyk!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's not just the Leafs, half the city is either a Leafs, Kings or Oilers fan.

Iginla scored today to grab his 12th consecutive [full] season with 30+ goals, 14th straight with 28+.

It's a shame he's played for the two best teams in the East the past two years, he'd be a great leader in a developing team.

*Except Calgary

Iginla scored today to grab his 12th consecutive [full] season with 30+ goals, 14th straight with 28+.

It's a shame he's played for the two best teams in the East the past two years, he'd be a great leader in a developing team.

*Except Calgary

Screw the baby-faced freshmen, he's after a Cup.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'd really like to know how Iginla was so easily available during the off-season. Boston was a Cup Finalist and they improved immensely during the off-season with Iginla replacing Horton, shipping Seguin out for a statistically underachieving Loui Eriksson (Reilly Smith was a throw-in and he's been phenomenal, figures), and the emergences of Hamilton, Krug, and Soderberg. Soderberg is a 3rd line center playing 14 minutes a night; dude's a monster.

spacer.png

I'd really like to know how Iginla was so easily available during the off-season. Boston was a Cup Finalist and they improved immensely during the off-season with Iginla replacing Horton, shipping Seguin out for a statistically underachieving Loui Eriksson (Reilly Smith was a throw-in and he's been phenomenal, figures), and the emergences of Hamilton, Krug, and Soderberg. Soderberg is a 3rd line center playing 14 minutes a night; dude's a monster.

What's the evidence that he was "easily" available? Only thing I can think of is some rub-off from the Penguins' collapse.

It's not just the Leafs, half the city is either a Leafs, Kings or Oilers fan.

Kings?

Archived