Charlotte Bobcats Logo Overhaul

nitroseed

Perhaps if we had a decent picture of Avenger, you can use :wub: to look at the "right places"  :D

Believe me... there is no decent picture of me!

After looing at my goofy mug, I'm sure you'd agree that it's a mystery that I've ever had any sort of success with girls.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Refine Refine Refine! Taking a mediocre concept, that somehow got approved into something sleeker, fiercer and much bolder. I know you won't sit tight with that original wordmark and will try something to intergrate it into your vision of the Bobcat. I agree with Sterling's tongue comment, good observation. And what is with Carolina team logos having to look like the state? Way too farfetched of a concept. Nitro, you da man!

Wow, this is a great improvement. :notworthy:

I didn't necessarily dislike the old logo, but after seeing Nitro's work the original is put to shame.

This should be sent to the front office, not that they would change anything... But just to show them up. :D

Great work Nitro, if you get a chance I would love to see your logo with an updated word mark.

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

Just thought I'd update you guys on the latest version of the Bobcats' overhaul. This may sound a bit arrogant but... from here on, I am only recognizing my version of the Bobcats' logo in any sigs or avatars I do because theirs looks awful. :D I still love the Bobbies though.

Okay so...updates. I removed the tongue. It seemed to be doing more harm than good. I also closed the left side of the "motion lines" to make it more similar to the actual logo. The wordmark, as you can see, has been update a little bit, adding some motion streaking to the left side of the logo. The wordmark is a custom font I made and modified to look a little similar to the one their using without being it. I also added a very light white to silver/gray gradient. I also closed in the name "Charlotte" within the boundaries of the logo instead of leaving it hanging out in space like an afterthought.

The overlapping of the ears on the C and A in BOBCATS is a bit touchy. Without making it look completey awkward, this was the best I could do for now.

Other than that... I think that's it. So, here it is:

bobcats-full.gif

Man, I wish I could make them use this. :cry:

Just thought I'd update you guys on the latest version of the Bobcats' overhaul. This may sound a bit arrogant but... from here on, I am only recognizing my version of the Bobcats' logo in any sigs or avatars I do because theirs looks awful. :D I still love the Bobbies though.

Okay so...updates. I removed the tongue. It seemed to be doing more harm than good. I also closed the left side of the "motion lines" to make it more similar to the actual logo. The wordmark, as you can see, has been update a little bit, adding some motion streaking to the left side of the logo. The wordmark is a custom font I made and modified to look a little similar to the one their using without being it. I also added a very light white to silver/gray gradient. I also closed in the name "Charlotte" within the boundaries of the logo instead of leaving it hanging out in space like an afterthought.

The overlapping of the ears on the C and A in BOBCATS is a bit touchy. Without making it look completey awkward, this was the best I could do for now.

Other than that... I think that's it. So, here it is:

bobcats-full.gif

Man, I wish I could make them use this. :cry:

make them use it? they should be begging you to let them use this logo. Awsome work!

Doh!

I love the logo. But what is that font you use for your copyright and stuff? Its simple and perfect for that kind of stuff. I'm looking for a font for my flash webpage and I think it could be perfect. If you don't mind telling me of course :)

thanks in advance!

pc

I love the logo. But what is that font you use for your copyright and stuff? Its simple and perfect for that kind of stuff. I'm looking for a font for my flash webpage and I think it could be perfect. If you don't mind telling me of course :)

thanks in advance!

pc

I too am interested, please Nitro. You'd be ever so kind. :D

Not at all. :) That would be Century Gothic.

Which is all over my business site, alnic.com

its the font i chose as my logo font 10 years ago

alnic_box_logo_comet.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Do you think if we protested at the Bobcats' front door, they might just listen?

Screw politics and the like, THIS is a cause worth supporting!

How would we really go about this? I mean we could offer it for free or something, just to get the current one gone. Would we just email barrage them? Because I really am down for that. I'll even fax machine barrage them! Let's really do this

Do you think if we protested at the Bobcats' front door, they might just listen?

Screw politics and the like, THIS is a cause worth supporting!

How would we really go about this? I mean we could offer it for free or something, just to get the current one gone. Would we just email barrage them? Because I really am down for that. I'll even fax machine barrage them! Let's really do this

Just tell me the protocol for such an operation and I'm definitely for it. B)

alnic_box_logo_comet.gif

Century Gothic?

Simply awesome man! I still kind of miss the tongue but this looks really good!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

alnic_box_logo_comet.gif

Century Gothic?

Simply awesome man! I still kind of miss the tongue but this looks really good!

K who are you and what have you done with bs... :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived