Washington Bravehearts?

Rambulance

Bravehearts is certainly an odd choice. But despite the current name that it's associated with, the logo they use now doesn't seem particularly harmful and might work well with this new name - even if it isn't a particularly good logo. I wonder if that was a deliberate thing on their part, changing the name to something less offensive without taking a massive risk with a completely new identity package.

Why not go back to the original nickname of Braves?

Because the Atlanta Braves might sue :upside:

I'm actually a fan of returning to the Braves name. Granted, I too don't know if it would be considered offensive, but it's much less offensive than Redskins. I think that some Native American-themed teams like the Utah Utes and Atlanta Braves have done well in reducing direct Native American imagery, and the Redskins, by going to Braves or Warriors, could do the same with either placing a W in the drum and feathers logo or going with the spear.

how is a name for a native american warrior offensive, if anything it's showing respect to them.

I wish there was a good way to convey that the Redskins term references the red war paint warriors wore on their faces during battle, that struck terror into their enemies. I heard that explanation but have never had it confirmed.

Regardless, that explanation is one I'd run with if I were the Redskins brass. But Washington Red War Paint doesn't have the same ring.

If they were to rebrand, it should be Redhawks. Their nickname becomes a bird, they keep red at the beginning, and has a nice ring to it. Only thing is it would be weird because that was the name of a team in Blitz: The League. Probably wouldn't matter since Midway went bankrupt and I have no idea where the rights to that game are.

Bravehearts is certainly an odd choice. But despite the current name that it's associated with, the logo they use now doesn't seem particularly harmful and might work well with this new name - even if it isn't a particularly good logo. I wonder if that was a deliberate thing on their part, changing the name to something less offensive without taking a massive risk with a completely new identity package.

Why not go back to the original nickname of Braves?

Because the Atlanta Braves might sue :upside:

DIfferent sports...

I don't see Kings, Jets, and Panthers suing each other.

I can't believe CBS Sports would publish an article that using the phrase "Bravehearts is a sick name" and "What a freaking world we live in." This guy has no business writing articles.

As far as the name, it's weird. I'd prefer Warriors, Redhawks, or something along those lines. But I'd be happy with anything besides the current name.

Why not go back to the original nickname of Braves? Washington Braves would be a good option. But, have no idea if that's offensive or not. Warriors is good too.

I agree. Braves and Warriors rolls off the tongue a lot better than Bravehearts (or is it Brave Hearts?)

Sounds like you're saying Washington Braverts.

Like a braggart, but someone who is brave.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived