The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

If it is such a crime how come no one I know has ever been arrested for it and I cannot find any instance of anyone being arrested for just purchasing.

I am not a previously banned member, I may not agree with what 99% of you are saying, and you may all think I'm an :censored: but I can assure you that I am new :censored: and not a previously banned one.

Here is the reality of the counterfeit jersey issue. Most people are not going to pay $250+ for an authentic jersey. Most people are not going to pay $100 for the licensed replicas that look terrible. The discrepencies (numbers too big, font a little off, color off a shade) are not enough to prevent people from buying. The human rights thing is ridiculous. Child labor goes on in other countries. If they weren't making counterfeit jerseys, then parents in these countries would be sending their kids to work in some other industry. I don't blame the leagues for the prices. I blame the companies like Nike who pay ridiculous fees for the jersey rights and then expect the fans to cover their fees. Screw that. I don't buy jerseys much anymore, when I do, I hit EBay. Don't ask where it was made, just want it to look as close as possible and be a decent quality. Reality is, a 2nd year Fashion student can buy a real jersey, cut it apart, buy the material and re-make the jersey at a cost of about $15 plus whatever they want to charge for labor.

Here is the reality of the counterfeit jersey issue. Most people are not going to pay $250+ for an authentic jersey. Most people are not going to pay $100 for the licensed replicas that look terrible. The discrepencies (numbers too big, font a little off, color off a shade) are not enough to prevent people from buying. The human rights thing is ridiculous. Child labor goes on in other countries. If they weren9;t making counterfeit jerseys, then parents in these countries would be sending their kids to work in some other industry. I don't blame the leagues for the prices. I blame the companies like Nike who pay ridiculous fees for the jersey rights and then expect the fans to cover their fees. Screw that. I don't buy jerseys much anymore, when I do, I hit EBay. Don't ask where it was made, just want it to look as close as possible and be a decent quality. Reality is, a 2nd year Fashion student can buy a real jersey, cut it apart, buy the material and re-make the jersey at a cost of about $15 plus whatever they want to charge for labor.

Right, and that leads into something else I was thinking - I bet all these people complaining about child labor own and have owned several items that could just have likely been manufactured using child labor.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It still baffles me that people on a sports logos message board, where we respect logos that are created and enjoy them, can still try their best to justify these actions of obvious copyright infringement....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm just curious why this guy hasn't been given the banhammer yet.

For having a different opinion that most of you?

Would you buy a fake Manitoba Moose jersey? Considering someone from these very boards created the logos?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I doubt I would purchase a Manitoba jersey, does this member receive royalties every time one is purchased? If that were the case I would buy it legitimately if I were to buy one.

If trolling is engaging in a conversation with people who have a differing opinion than myself then yes I am trolling.

If trolling is engaging in a conversation with people who have a differing opinion than myself then yes I am trolling.

Explain your username then. Making excuses is just in insult to our intelligence.

I found this site by being directed to this thread. After reading it I made a user account to comment on the thread, I wanted to make my stance very clear.

I blame the companies like Nike who pay ridiculous fees for the jersey rights and then expect the fans to cover their fees.

So it's Nike's fault that people choose to buy illegal counterfeits? Somehow I don't see that defense holding up in court.

No, but by charging the prices they charge it opens a market for counterfeits.

Explain your username then. Making excuses is just in insult to our intelligence.

Maybe he likes fakes because they are more affordable.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Here is the reality of the counterfeit jersey issue. Most people are not going to pay $250+ for an authentic jersey. Most people are not going to pay $100 for the licensed replicas that look terrible. The discrepencies (numbers too big, font a little off, color off a shade) are not enough to prevent people from buying. The human rights thing is ridiculous. Child labor goes on in other countries. If they weren9;t making counterfeit jerseys, then parents in these countries would be sending their kids to work in some other industry. I don't blame the leagues for the prices. I blame the companies like Nike who pay ridiculous fees for the jersey rights and then expect the fans to cover their fees. Screw that. I don't buy jerseys much anymore, when I do, I hit EBay. Don't ask where it was made, just want it to look as close as possible and be a decent quality. Reality is, a 2nd year Fashion student can buy a real jersey, cut it apart, buy the material and re-make the jersey at a cost of about $15 plus whatever they want to charge for labor.

Right, and that leads into something else I was thinking - I bet all these people complaining about child labor own and have owned several items that could just have likely been manufactured using child labor.

agreed. Do you know the exact location where you computer was made? All of your clothing? Would you bet your life that child labor wasn't used in everything you own?

Maybe he likes fakes because they are more affordable.

Most illegal merchandise is normally cheaper.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

It still baffles me that people on a sports logos message board, where we respect logos that are created and enjoy them, can still try their best to justify these actions of obvious copyright infringement....

because most people care more about their own wallet. Let's see, I can buy a licensed jersey for $250 or a knock-off for $50? So long as the quality is there (and nowadays, the knock-offs are pretty much just as good) I'll take the knock-off and use the extra $200 for something else.