The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

More reading comprehension problems. I said earlier, I can afford to buy the "quality, licensed product", just choose not to.

How is it possible that you're perfectly willing to pay top dollar for expensive season tickets to the Giants, Rangers, and Mets, as well as buying authentic memorabilia from each team that doesn't come cheap, but you balk at even a $120 jersey?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

More reading comprehension problems. I said earlier, I can afford to buy the "quality, licensed product", just choose not to.

How is it possible that you're perfectly willing to pay top dollar for expensive season tickets to the Giants, Rangers, and Mets, as well as buying authentic memorabilia from each team that doesn't come cheap, but you balk at even a $120 jersey?

We all have a price we are willing to pay for something. When I buy memorabilia, I do not buy directly from the Giants or NFL. I know how to get that stuff at a discount, and yes it is all legit. I also sell autographed stuff (not big, small scale), so have contacts and the big companies to get discounts.

I know how to get that stuff at a discount, and yes it is all legit.

Suuuure.

think what you want. My autographs I get in-person and because I am a dealer, I get discounted pricing. Once I sell my inventory, the stuff for my personal collection is free (plus additional cash in my pocket).

I buy premier from NFL Shop. Never authentic. Why would you pay 250 for a jersey (honestly, I'm not being rhetorical)?

Honestly? I buy them because I like the product and don't find the price to be egregious. I really like the quality of NFL (and NCAA) authentics. I've bought some replicas and premier jerseys, but usually stick with authentics now that I have the disposable income to support my hobby.

spikes.jpg

I know how to get that stuff at a discount, and yes it is all legit.

Suuuure.

think what you want. My autographs I get in-person and because I am a dealer, I get discounted pricing. Once I sell my inventory, the stuff for my personal collection is free (plus additional cash in my pocket).

Owning a business and buying something you've paid for at cost is not similar to buying unlicensed merchandise because you feel that licensed products are too expensive.

spikes.jpg

Eh, if you look at my home IP address, I think it comes up as East Rutherford or Plainfield NJ or something like that, which is no where near where I actually live (Center City Philadelphia.)

Right, but if the Feds were to go after him they would go through the service provider to pinpoint his exact location, no matter what size the city was.

So the feds are going to waste resources to locate me, arrest me, and prosecute me for owning about 5 fake jerseys. I have never made a dime off of them, the cases that get prosecuted are the ones involving the sales of hundreds and thousands, not possessing. People have asked me why I wouldn't sell them at 3 or 4 times what I pay, it is because then I would leave myself open to a legitimate lawsuit. They would also need to prove who has been typing these messages.

You may be designers but you are not very bright when it comes to the law and it's reaches. Stick with what you know which is apparently criticizing other mens choice in clothing,

You're not very bright when it comes to the law either...

Exactly. Coggs - how would you feel if people stopped buying memorabilia from you in droves because they decided eBay fakes were more cost effective? I bet you wouldn't be pleased.

I'd like to see how he dances around this one. I still can't comprehend how anybody could justify conterfeits.

People who buy counterfeits=inconsiderate republicans

Really, ignorant generalizations are not going to help any side of this discussion. Accurate or not, just a dumb post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And this is based on?

Republicans are generally for less regulation. Less regulation makes it easier to buy and sell counterfeits. I think that's what he was trying to say, although it's a pretty huge generalization, and obviously isn't completely true. But there is a bit of logic to what he was saying.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

And this is based on?

Republicans are generally for less regulation. Less regulation makes it easier to buy and sell counterfeits. I think that's what he was trying to say, although it's a pretty huge generalization, and obviously isn't completely true. But there is a bit of logic to what he was saying.

of course there is :rolleyes:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

And this is based on?

alright im sorry for the post but they dont care about the american companies as long as it saves them a buck

spacer.png

spacer.png

And this is based on?

Philosophically there is probably a correlation between the beliefs of liberals and conservatives on this topic, however, once you start using party names or grouping people together you've taken the topic in a whole other direction. The debate should be between individual people who happen to be on opposite sides - not entire groups that we're sweeping people in to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you can show me the starving designer of any of the jerseys I buy then I would be happy to stop.

Which ones you got? There are 5 or 6 people that are active members here that directly work on these...

Exactly. Coggs - how would you feel if people stopped buying memorabilia from you in droves because they decided eBay fakes were more cost effective? I bet you wouldn't be pleased.

I'd like to see how he dances around this one. I still can't comprehend how anybody could justify conterfeits.

Still no answer...

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And this is based on?

alright im sorry for the post but they dont care about the american companies as long as it saves them a buck

Even by internet banter standards, your reasoning is incredibly dumb. Good job.

OldRomanSig2.jpg