Washington Capitals

B-mer

Like many I feel the Caps need something new. While searching through concepts I started to feel bored with the red, white, blue scheme and really liking the dc blue, black, copper from before the Edge switch.

Starting out is just the logo, which the WEagle is now coming in front and center. I know most of you will say it is just a recolor, but this is just the beginning, and I wanted some feedback that might help me steer it in the right direction.

Thinking of this as what might have been if they kept the same color palette and using the new Eagle to refresh the last. I wanted to tie in a little from their logo (wordmark) history with the three stars for D.C., and came up with two options.

crestedweaglecopy_zps7e80dd99.png

crestedweaglecopy2_zpsb74481f7.png

Thoughts?

I like this; preferably with the large stars on top.

Moving forward, this logo could give you some elements to carry over to the sweater...

- 3 stars to run up a sleeve, across a shoulder, or down the sides

- a 3-stripe sweater pattern to match the wings

Thanks. I actually want to try to avoid stars all over the place. I think it makes them look like all star jerseys or just tacky/dated.

For the larger stars on top I also thought of arching them. Yay/nay?

I'm still hashing out ideas for jerseys and will post soon hopefully.

The old color scheme and weagle as primary are two major wins in my book. That and I agree one of the easiest things to do with the Caps is slap stars everywhere and call it a day but I'm trusting you'll take your time to produce a design that's a little more though out.

I'd go with the stars on top version.

Midway.png

What pattern are you using for the texture effect? I've been looking for something close to that but I never can. Did you just make it, or is it something specific?

I agree with Sparky, the ones with the larger stars on top. Brings more attention I feel. NIce job, would love to see an alternate with those colors again.

New idea for the stars. What about not having them be a part of the logo, and just a feature on the jersey right between the logo and collar? Like on NFL jerseys or with buffalo's new third. Probably have to be a little smaller.

That could look great B-mer.

I like the idea of an "open logo" with several elements, as an option to one crest.

When you think of it, that's what the Rangers have with their famous diagonal letters;

Sweden has that open look with its 'Three Crowns'.

Several separate elements forming one large "image".

Cool idea...explore it.

OK. First stab at it. I've been trying to come up with different ideas and kept coming back to something like this. I just feel the shape of the striping fits the logo well on the torso, and the arms are sort of like an update to the pre-edge angled shape as well. I just wanted to come up with something different and am not having luck. I'm also starting to like the original striping as it was unique.

caps1_zpsa2b84993.png

Maybe remove the black below the stripes? So the whole jersey is blue other than the stripes? Unlike my Oilers.

But I have to add in, I like the Caps almost as much as my Oilers. My second favourite team! Ovi and Holtby for the win!!!

Maybe remove the black below the stripes? So the whole jersey is blue other than the stripes? Unlike my Oilers.

But I have to add in, I like the Caps almost as much as my Oilers. My second favourite team! Ovi and Holtby for the win!!!

Another Oilers fan on the boards? I thought I was the only one!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Wow! You joined on Dec.18? That's my birthday! And I live in Edmonton!

Eh... Not a fan of the Jaguars colors. I'd prefer the red-white-and-blue coming out of the capital, or perhaps dropping the blue to emulate the colors of the District's flag.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't bend or arch the stars in any way. That would cause a disconnect with the original source of the flag. I definitely like this link. Good job on the logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow! You joined on Dec.18? That's my birthday! And I live in Edmonton!

Don't get me wrong, I like that look for the Oil. Just doesn't work perfectly for this look.

Archived