NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a request for the Mavs when you get there, can you add some green? From what I hear in 2015 they will be refreshing their look to combine the old and new look. I like the current design aesthetic they have now, but I've always wished they incorporated green again.

The blazers are fantastic. You nailed a sharp, simple-with-some-creative-deatails unifom. Their perfect stripes are well done. Just make the ones on the shoulder of the alternate more even.

I think he did that because the striping on the alternate is like that.

Blazers-5.jpg

Next up is the Utah Jazz. Like the Thunder, I thought their uniform striping translated really well to a classic football uniform. One challenge here was that the Jazz never flip their music note logo (which makes sense). So, for the helmet I went with the numbers on side to overcome that. For the road set I opted for a really clean, stormtrooper look which I think would look awesome in real life.

ARM7Wyf.png

mtYxLLA.png

gHssRVb.png

kwmoore's comment really sums up my opinion. Although I hate the Jazz jerseys in reality, I actually love these. The basketballs are definitely worsening the look of an otherwise solid concept. I would at least try to take the basketball out of these. The Celtics can use a shamrock logo, for example, and the heat can use the MH. But for logos like the Jazz or the Thunder, changing the overall shape of the ball or simply editing out the basketball, respectively, would work. I understand you had said earlier that you wouldn't, but I just wanted to make it clear how, personally, this impacts the look of these concepts.

Finishing out the Northwest Division is the Denver Nuggets. I liked the way to swapped color sleeves helped balance the color on each of the home and away uniforms, and is a nod to their basketball jersey's side panels. The pants stripe is obviously mirroring their jersey/shorts stripe. But what was really fun was the yellow alt. I had to add an extra group of stripes across the back because the number placement is higher relative to the front than a basketball uniform. For the helmet I went with the same powder blue helmet, but with an oversized decal, without the stripe. I thought a yellow helmet was overkill and using the same helmet as the other sets didn't work with the yellow alts.

9lcOmtw.png

IPHHmHn.png

r3UbolD.png

I think Nuggets are great. That yellow alternate is just crazy, but I can't think of what I would change about it. Maybe taking out the cityscape and Nuggets wordmark with a big number over the front, so its essentially just the striping in the midsection. Love the pants on the yellow. The road and home are perfect. A navy helmet may look really good too.

These are awesome. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Grizzlies.

That Nuggets alternate is SICK.

I think for the Grizz a fauxback would be absolutely awesome. Make it black, teal, red & white. I miss that color scheme.

Utah and denver are flawless. The striping pattern, colors, and logo on the jazz add it to one of my favorites. A sharp jazzy look. Try making the helmet blue and having the j on both sides. Denver is a work of art, beauitful blue, yellow looks great with it as well.

LOVE the Nuggets set, especially the alternate. My only quip is the helmet logo. The blue logo on a blue helmet is a little tough. Possible change the blue circle in the logo to white?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived