NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next we travel over to the Pacific division. First up, the Golden State Warriors. I love how taking the chest design from their basketball jerseys translated to the helmet. I think it's a perfect marriage of Warriors tradition with classic football helmet-numeral tradition. But my favorite part of this set is the throwback. Almost has an LSU type-vibe and it's surprising how modern the vertical "Warriors" type on the pants looks.

5EmzxAI.png

eGAl2Gk.png

VqZxYKY.png

Golden state is very impressive. Their logo is perfect on your helmets. Yet again colors blend very well. What a combo. The pant stripe is a wonderful idea. The throw back has a good vintage feel to it.

I am looking forward to the Knicks concept.

I also wonder what you will do with the Nets in order to differentiate them from the Spurs. Especially now that the Nets released their new alt which is a similar color to the Spurs' alternate.

Nets1.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Those Golden State uniforms may just be the new standard for PERFECT! Wow, those are amazing. The pants stripes work so well. The helmet logo is easily one of the greatest of all time. And it takes a timeless look like Alabama's numbers only and adds a great visually pleasing aspect. I love!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

You've pretty much nailed every team so far. The Pelicans look is my personal favorite. Perfection! I just love how you've been able to maintain each team's identity while using football uniform design elements. This is one of the best series I can recall seeing on here. Great work JP!

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Man, this is awsome. You make me believe that the NBA would look much better as a football league than a basketball league. ^^

Nearly every set would be top in the NFL!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The next team up is the Los Angeles Lakers. Like a few teams before them, their uniforms translated really well to a traditional football design. One challenge I had was maintaining their use of yellow. I felt that giving them yellow away jerseys was a cop-out since the doesn't happen in football. So, I played up yellow in both the home and away sets, in order to work in their white jersey as well. The results is a home and away set that captures the essence of all three of their primary uniforms. Then for their alternate we have the "Hollywood Nights" look that fits so well with the ever-increasing BFBS football trend.

UOmIR3Y.png

YQLFBMk.png

iTRcppw.png

The next team up is the Los Angeles Lakers. Like a few teams before them, their uniforms translated really well to a traditional football design. One challenge I had was maintaining their use of yellow. I felt that giving them yellow away jerseys was a cop-out since the doesn't happen in football. So, I played up yellow in both the home and away sets, in order to work in their white jersey as well. The results is a home and away set that captures the essence of all three of their primary uniforms. Then for their alternate we have the "Hollywood Nights" look that fits so well with the ever-increasing BFBS football trend.

UOmIR3Y.png

YQLFBMk.png

iTRcppw.png

I like it, but a few things I saw:

1. I don't know about a basketball logo on the helmet of a supposed football jersey. Maybe just the L?

2. I'd rather go with a yellow alt instead of a black alt, the Lakers have been using Yellow for years, the black alt just debuted this year.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Dscruggy729, JP says on his original post that one of the standards he's following is not removing basketballs from logos:

------

A couple standards I'm following:

• I try to best depict each team's current uniforms as football uniforms. So I won't be fixing any teams' identities. (There are a couple exceptions where I used previous sets...more on that later.)
  • I'm not worried about basketballs being in the logos that are on these. I didn't want to go into each teams' logo and try to remove basketballs, especially in the NBA where they're everywhere.
  • I'm doing home, away, and one alternate.
  • No team can have more than two helmets. I started off by having a different helmet for each set, and it got out of hand.
  • I'll be going through this by division.

thaipod, I don't know if anyone else read what you've already posted, and I still suggest that he changes it. Nearly every ball can be cropped or altered into a football, and it is the only problem with any of the final concepts for each team in my opinion.

Nearly every ball can be cropped or altered into a football, and it is the only problem with any of the final concepts for each team in my opinion.

Wen I started working on these I toyed with the idea of switching to footballs, but on a number that I tried, the logos all looked exponentially worse. Then, there's some logos that just don't work at all without basketballs (Utah, Miami, Indiana, etc) so I made the decision to keep what is used in real life.

Also, more reasoning behind choosing black over yellow for the alt: with the alternate sets I wanted to use true alternates for each one. Much like choosing to combine teal/black Minnesota earlier in the series, I used yellow and purple together here. The reason being that white/yellow/purple are all default sets for the Lakers. Their only TRUE alternate is the Hollywood Nights uniform. So in my mind, I was either going to use that, or a throwback for the third set.

Thanks for all the comments thus far, should have the next Pacific team up soon.

Archived