NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Memphis: Love the blue-grey. Very underused color. Highly effective with your unifom. I am in awe. Try making the home more similer to the away, side insert and pant stripe wise. Just drop the hook on the home pant stripe, and your great. The alternate is well done, but I don't think it is necessary. As much as I like the blue-grey, make the alternate blue. Also make different pant colors for the teams to mix and match with the tops. You are already kind of doing that though. Also: mind if I see the template.

Jazz: Pretty good consider you're working with the worst color scheme in professional sports, good call not flipping the note logo, if you would've gone back to the late-90's, light blue-purple era I would've fallen out of my chair.

Denver: I like the home and away, (1.)their decent, but the alternate blows everything dead in the water. Bonus points for the rainbow sleeve striping, that alt is very, very (2.)cruel. Now I can drink to that. :huh:

:rolleyes:

You're something like 15. Your drink is probably soda but you drink it without a straw to seem "cool". You shouldn't post your illegal escapades on the internet.

1.) It's they're.

2.) Cool. Unless you're trying to be some sort of hipster then go right ahead.

And on topic, these concepts are very good. Surprisingly I like the Thunder's look the best. However, just like the basketball Thunder, I wish they had an orange outline on their blue jersey.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Jazz: Pretty good consider you're working with the worst color scheme in professional sports, good call not flipping the note logo, if you would've gone back to the late-90's, light blue-purple era I would've fallen out of my chair.

Denver: I like the home and away, (1.)their decent, but the alternate blows everything dead in the water. Bonus points for the rainbow sleeve striping, that alt is very, very (2.)cruel. Now I can drink to that. :huh:

You're something like 15. Your drink is probably soda but you drink it without a straw to seem "cool". You shouldn't post your illegal escapades on the internet.

1.) It's they're.

And on topic, these concepts are very good. Surprisingly I like the Thunder's look the best. However, just like the basketball Thunder, I wish they had an orange outline on their blue jersey.

1. Really, calling out my post because of one harmless grammatical error? I understand some are worse than others, but is it really that important I used the wrong form of there? I understand it is worse in some cases. But here it is relatively harmless.

2. I wasn't meaning beer although I was kinda hinting at it, that sounds a lot better than "I'll drink a non-alcoholic drink to that" I understand it's used usually in a much different form but I don't see the problem here, call out my grammatical errors in places where it is much more meaningful (i.e, SiG, the Lounge) in the concepts section I don't believe it's the biggest deal that I used the wrong form of there. And why the hell do you think I'm a "hipster"?. We're on an internet forum, you don't know me.

FWIW, I'd have a sweet tea over a soda. :P

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

1.) It's they're.

Get over yourself. It's an idiom. Give the kid a break.

RockiesSig.png

The Tams' throwback is the Chargers' Powder Blues of this thread so far.

Also, is it possible to create a Nuggets throwback with the miner making a discovery?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Next from the Southwest Division is the Memphis Grizzlies. Here's one where I made a slight change to the team's real uniforms. I made the light blue alt. the primary home uniform because I wanted to play with using a shoulder yoke. The other tweak is that I brought back the inline numbers that were ditched with the move to the Rev 30 uniforms...but I don't think anyone will have a problem with that. ;) Lastly, we have a gorgeous (IMHO) Tams throwback.

BXopF0b.png

DKokiIk.png

POZmOCN.png

HHHHHNNNGGGGHHHH.

That concept gave me a... big... smile.

Haha these responses are...something. ;)

Continuing in the Southwest, now we've got a look at the San Antonio Spurs. Like the Thunder and Jazz before them, I thought the spurs look translated really well to a classic football uniform. But where it got fun was the grey alt. Not unlike the Nuggets, I was taking a bit of a cue from the Michigan throwbacks a couple years ago. With that in mind, I think this design actually works better as a football uniform than it goes for basketball.

Edit: Updated San Antonio here

34jtHT4.png

GU2JEAN.png

t4biGcR.png

I have loved all of them so far but I think the spurs is good but not great, I know it's probably hard to do them due to their colour scheme but to me they don't have that one feature that makes the design pop. They are by no means bad but it's hard to keep up with your incredibly high standard, my wording may seem as though I really dislike it but I don't, it may be the dark logo on the black helmet, maybe try white or the grey, sorry if I have worded this badly as I am a big fan of your work

Vedi.

Haha these responses are...something. ;)

Continuing in the Southwest, now we've got a look at the San Antonio Spurs. Like the Thunder and Jazz before them, I thought the spurs look translated really well to a classic football uniform. But where it got fun was the grey alt. Not unlike the Nuggets, I was taking a bit of a cue from the Michigan throwbacks a couple years ago. With that in mind, I think this design actually works better as a football uniform than it goes for basketball.

34jtHT4.png

GU2JEAN.png

t4biGcR.png

Then veni.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I agree, the Spurs are good, but not up to the level of your other ones. I think the logo and helmet being the same color makes it very difficult to see the logo. Something just feels missing. The only design aspect is just the collar. I think it needs something. Not a lot, but still something.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Yeah I worked on a white helmet at first and didn't like it. And I didn't want to do grey, since that's what the alt. had. However, I'm messing with it again and I think I may be coming around to a white helmet. Will post and an update later.

As for the jersey, it is plain, but that was intentional. I think the Spurs have a very simple look and wanted to capture that in these uniforms. Teams like Oklahoma and the Oakland Raiders were loose inspirations here, while obviously factoring in the Spurs' equity.

Yeah I worked on a white helmet at first and didn't like it. And I didn't want to do grey, since that's what the alt. had. However, I'm messing with it again and I think I may be coming around to a white helmet. Will post and an update later.

As for the jersey, it is plain, but that was intentional. I think the Spurs have a very simple look and wanted to capture that in these uniforms. Teams like Oklahoma and the Oakland Raiders were loose inspirations here, while obviously factoring in the Spurs' equity.

I think making the Spurs wordmark on the chest a little smaller and the number a little bigger would go a long way.

Spurs have some style. You used the black well and the contrast with the colors is even better than in real life. Well designed bunch, I like the socks a lot too. Very steller. The silver is great as well, maybe don't do the logo and the number the way they do though. congrats on another powerful set and thanks for the template!

I must agree, that Memphis set is amazing. That and Denver are my tops so far, with OKC close behind.

I think the Spurs is a great start, and I get why you want to avoid having a grey/silver helmet - too much like the Raiders. Unfortunately, it may be the best fit.

I came around on the white helmet. By making the helmet stripe a little wider like the pants, it felt more balanced. It reminds me a lot of Oklahoma State now, minus the orange obviously.

Updated:

B9oCNJc.png

plQ2Nzv.png

0dLjbou.png

I love the white helmet, especially with the white jersey. The thick black stripe balances it out well. Shrinking the wordmark helped too I think.

Archived