Longer NFL regular season/playoffs

DCarp1231

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not done until I see Andre the Giant on a bicycle.

Taa Daa!

tumblr_lzrnh0p1kq1rpoocxo1_400.jpg

Well would you look at that. I guess that means...

theend031_0.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really wanna say this thread has been one of the funniest in awhile, but DNA will just quote new and say 'nope' while someone will post another hilarious gif/pic, followed by another 'stop it' post from DNA, which will lead to an endless cycle.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I really wanna say this thread has been one of the funniest in awhile, but DNA will just quote new and say 'nope' while someone will post another hilarious gif/pic, followed by another 'stop it' post from DNA, which will lead to an endless cycle.

actually have input on the original post and it wont happen again. Simple as that.

Let's just be clear - the original post of the thread wasn't terrible, it was that the original poster gave it a sad double bump when it was pretty clear the thread wasn't going to stimulate conversation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Let's just be clear - the original post of the thread wasn't terrible, it was that the original poster gave it a sad double bump when it was pretty clear the thread wasn't going to stimulate conversation.

yes it was clearly my fault on doing so. I take credit for that. These idiots blew it out of proportion.

yes it was clearly my fault on doing so. I take credit for that. These idiots blew it out of proportion.

Calling people idiots, myself included, is really a great way to get a community to warm up with you, by the way. Learn to take your lumps or don't, your call.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

but to actually respond to the OP, the regular season and post season is fine as is. It doesn't need to be extended. After January the football season already starts to drag on as it is. The only thing that needs to change with the scheduling is having your basic Sunday day and night games, Monday night football games, occasional special edition saturday games and your Thanksgiving Thursday games featuring the Lions and Cowboys with Thanksgiving throwbacks for the teams participating that day. After that your 3 to 4 game depending if your team has a bye playoffs and MAYBE the Pro Bowl.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Calling people idiots, myself included, is really a great way to get a community to warm up with you, by the way. Learn to take your lumps or don't, your call.

When people continue to drag on a joke it gets pretty old and annoying so of course I'll call people idiots for doing so. They have no respect for what I post.

When people continue to drag on a joke it gets pretty old and annoying so of course I'll call people idiots for doing so. They have no respect for what I post.
They have no respect for what you post because it doesn't deserve respect. You posted some weird idea that they didn't comment on and then you bumped it twice in a row.

While I do agree that some of these guys will beat a joke into the ground about a post or a poster, they're usually right. You made a post, that in all honesty wasn't all that good, then started digging yourself into a hole with your double bump and then shot yourself in the foot while in the hole with how you reacted to everybody here.

IbjBaeE.png

They have no respect for what you post because it doesn't deserve respect. You posted some weird idea that they didn't comment on and then you bumped it twice in a row.

While I do agree that some of these guys will beat a joke into the ground about a post or a poster, they're usually right. You made a post, that in all honesty wasn't all that good, then started digging yourself into a hole with your double bump and then shot yourself in the foot while in the hole with how you reacted to everybody here.

originally I was getting input then it went out of control. A double bump shouldn't matter. I've gotten more input here and there but it's all clouded up by the nonsense people post. Don't just say it "sucks" or "wouldn't work"... give me reasons why instead of posting stupid "Bump" pictures.

If they didn't post the stupid "bump" pictures you wouldn't have received much of a response at all.

Not all topics inspire spirited conversation. Let this one die a natural death; you can't force it to be anything more than it is. Getting defensive because nobody wants to talk about what you want them to want to talk about isn't terribly helpful.

I think the Super Bowl should move to Presidents Day Weekend, just two extra weeks,

I dont think we need more than 16 games. However there should be a week added for a second bye week.

There should be expanded playoffs 8 teams in each conference the league is so tightly bunched now I think the revenue given to two extra home games will elp the league immensly for the two top seeds.

There should be a bye between Week 18 and the start of the playoffs. This way teams dont feel the need to rest players in the final week. All teams are rested for the playoiffs. You have a Monday Night Game end the season.

Plus the NCAA Can move its Championship to a Sunday.

Its the best of all worlds

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the Super Bowl should move to Presidents Day Weekend, just two extra weeks,

I dont think we need more than 16 games. However there should be a week added for a second bye week.

There should be expanded playoffs 8 teams in each conference the league is so tightly bunched now I think the revenue given to two extra home games will elp the league immensly for the two top seeds.

There should be a bye between Week 18 and the start of the playoffs. This way teams dont feel the need to rest players in the final week. All teams are rested for the playoiffs. You have a Monday Night Game end the season.

Plus the NCAA Can move its Championship to a Sunday.

Its the best of all worlds

I like you're idea but I do feel as though a play in game would be good

tumblr_mxthui4n8G1t7xe6go2_400.gif

Let it go. ;)

Oh f#ck, not this song again. If I have to hear it one more time...

some how i'm imagining Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On playing in the background of the gif.

Or the Colin Mochrie version: "corpses bobbing in the sea..."

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Shouldn't this thread be closed. Post padding at it's best.

irony.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived