Edmonton Oilers Concept Logo

VitorioArts

They need this as a shoulder patch for sure. I have always been a fan of the Oil Drop with the Gears on it but not many seemed to appreciate it. This should be a good compromise.

One thing though, I believe it was 5 teeth to represent Cup wins, have you tried this look with 5 teeth on it?

They need this as a shoulder patch for sure. I have always been a fan of the Oil Drop with the Gears on it but not many seemed to appreciate it. This should be a good compromise.

One thing though, I believe it was 5 teeth to represent Cup wins, have you tried this look with 5 teeth on it?

It was 5 bolts, but yeah, that would look good. My only complaint is the silver, and if this was going to be a shoulder patch, there wouldn't be any silver in the jersey, or other logos. But that's minor I guess

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I do like this design, it would be a great shoulder patch. my only thing is the reflection on the oil drop doesnt look quite right . But that could be me. Very good work.

I agree. Could be a hair smaller in length to give it the proper illusion of it going around a sphere and not following the drip edge.

Or something like that.

As an Oilers fan, I like this a lot. As previously mentioned, it'd be cool if you could somehow make the number of teeth equate to a number of relevance. Possibly 7 for number of jerseys retired? Or 12 for Hall of Famers? Or 17 (18 if you include Smyth for one game) for the captains. But I really do like this, and I could certainly see them using it.

1425175351-U10338.png

As an Oiler fan, that's exactly what they need. I agree with SG89 that the number of teeth should have some sort of significance.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Sorry it took so long guys! Thanks for all the suggestions! I took deked73 and SG89 ideas and i made another concept. 8 cogs representing the retired jerseys (only if Smythe gets jersey retired) and then i got rid of the off-centered reflection. Hope you like it!

OilersConcept_zps6de0d4ac.jpg

Nice. I get the decision of using the 8 teeth for the gear, sorry to be nit picky but it reminds me of a symbol from star wars for some reason. Maybe alter the shape of the space between the teeth like how you had it in the first logo. bit it does look better without the reflection in my opinion

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I agree, and yes the 5 teeth on the gear means the 5 Stanley Cups they won...

Take the reflection away from the oil drop and we're looking at a stronger logo.

NO keep the reflection on the oil drop, it adds dimension and detail to it; without it, the logo looks too bland! Like the artist just put a huge blotch of orange in the middle...

Take the reflection away from the oil drop and we're looking at a stronger logo.

NO keep the reflection on the oil drop, it adds dimension and detail to it; without it, the logo looks too bland! Like the artist just put a huge blotch of orange in the middle...

The problem with dimensions on it is that the main Oilers logo is 2D. The gears on his logo are 2D so the oil drop should stay 2D as well - just like the drop on the main logo. I know it may look better, but then the teeth will have to have 3D shading and then it wont fit in with the main logo.

Archived