Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

59 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

My hope is that, maybe they had a logo for Super Bowl LVI, similar to the templated logos of the past decade, but they've scrapped it in favor of a different or re-worked design? I'm taking this as a positive, and hoping that this somehow means they are going to change the logo system. I've seen more and more in recent years, from regular, non logo watching people, about how bad the logos have been, and how corporate and indistinguishable they are becoming. Best case, we start getting logos that are more personalized to the host city. It could just be that they are behind on the logo process. I'm holding out hope for a new, and better logo system.

Well seeing as we have nothing. I guess you can use my frankenstein-ed super bowl logo for your predictions 😉spacer.png

4 hours ago, crosby87rules said:

spacer.png

And now we have an official logo for next year.

Well, it's not good, but it's another step in the right direction. It's still based on the horrible template, but, the numerals are now in color, with city specific imagery included. If you didn't know where the game would be played, this logo would tell you LA or Miami, and that's a step in the right direction. I still think the logo needs much more color, and of course a move away from the template. I'd expect we see similar logo designs over the next few years, with the numerals including imagery based on the host cities of LA, Arizona, wherever Super Bowl LVIII end up, and New Orleans for Super Bowl LIX.  

9 hours ago, noodlesnchips said:

It'll be interesting to see how they paint that on the field.  I don't have a good feeling as to where this is heading.

Yes, I agree. I feel like this will be a tough logo to paint on the field, but I'm not so sure that the NFL cares or really considers that anymore, since they don't really put as much effort into the field designs anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of the gradient, as they do sometimes, and have more solidly colored numerals and trees in the logo, in order to paint this on the field.

I really like the logo itself, by far the best since SB XLIV, however the paint work on the field for next year might be really disappointing. Hopefully they do a good job.

With those colours, if the Chiefs made it to the SB again, the field could really have some good consistency and balance, how like in SB XLI, the logo had dark blue, light blue, orange and white. Exactly all the colours of the Colts and Bears.

Super Bowl LV: February 7, 2021 - Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida

Kansas City Chiefs - 9                Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 31

wWwKEUZ.png

Field without teamboxes

Spoiler

UEuZxAo.png

Took me a while to get the Super Bowl logo correct. Since there was no gradient I had to basically edit pixel by pixel and match up with a bunch of reference photos and videos.

< Super Bowl LIV    First Post    Super Bowl LVI >

• Like 3

Super Bowl LV Field Logos

Midfield

UXtfTey.png

Super Bowl Logo

nhffPuU.png

Endzones

l7y7676.png

ByJErhj.png

Teamboxes

WVNO3MY.png

rUUR6Pa.png

Edited by pitt6pack
Updated grass texture (02/10/2022)

Also wanted to take a first crack at a Super Bowl LVI field, to see how the logo would look on a field

aS21Amx.png

I have to say, having more color in the logo makes a huge difference. The logo does come off a little odd looking, with all the color being off the vertical center, between the hash marks, but the color in the numerals is great. I think, this game being in a stadium with a roof, and on turf, will allow the field crew to get the gradient on the logo, and I think it'll look nice on the field. I'm hoping, in the future, they make the Super Bowl part of the logo color as well, one that would contrast the numeral colors. A navy blue would have been good for this logo, with Super Bowl in the same color as the numerals.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 12:05 PM, crosby87rules said:

spacer.png

And now we have an official logo for next year.

Things I like: 

• Color
  • I love that the NFL finally realized that the trophy in the middle made no sense as it looked like an extra roman numeral, so I'm glad they stuck it behind the roman numerals this time
  • I also like that they actually included a theme for the location (palm trees/sunset) instead of having the stadium for example.

Things I don't like:

• Still essentially the same template
  • Too many "realistic" effects (how the heck do you paint this on the field or embroider on merchandise, etc.?)
  • Also don't like how the trophy is visible behind L and the V; it's too distracting to the eye

• 10 months later...

Time to dust off the old template I suppose

Ah3mzQp.png

I'll be very interested in how they paint the numerals of the logo on the field. There's a lot of detail and gradient in the logo. So, I'm wondering if it's going to come out with more flat colors in the logo itself, or if they can actually get a good gradient effect in there. At least what I've noticed with these Super Bowl logos over the years, the gradient comes out better indoors on an artificial surface, than on grass, but rarely has the on field Super Bowl logo gotten the exact look as the logo itself. 

• Like 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVI Concepts

Lets jump into possible endzones, as I like to do each year.

Starting with the NFC

1. Green Bay Packers

Packers wordmark same size as at their home stadium. 

R3wO4cU.png

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Same endzone as last year.

wuIxo3y.png

3. Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys wordmark same size as in their home stadium.

WkyXKqP.png

4. Los Angeles Rams

This is exactly what the Rams have used at home.

74BqYLb.png

5. Arizona Cardinals

This is just what would fit in the endzone. The Cardinals have a very short and wide wordmark.

Kn2Az53.png

6. San Francisco 49ers

Same as Super Bowl LIV. The 49ers still use these logos in their home stadium, so it stands to reason they'd use them again in the Super Bowl.

Tl1eOWS.png

7. Philadelphia Eagles

Same endzone as used in Super Bowl LII.

hKnad50.png

• Like 2

Now for the AFC

1. Tennessee Titans

The Titans wear navy more often, and use navy as a color more often, so I think this would be more likely than powder blue.

acBUXYI.png

2. Kansas City Chiefs

Same endzone used the last two Super Bowls.

NRDGCgj.png

3. Buffalo Bills

2pfxpJD.png

4. Cincinnati Bengals

I'm just hoping this is what we would see if the Bengals made it to a Super Bowl. The stripe pattern matches their current endzones.

eQiAw7c.png

5. Las Vegas Raiders

ozV1ae2.png

6. New England Patriots

Same endzone used in Super Bowl LIII

Y4a5i7C.png

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

Same sized wordmark as in their home stadium endzone.

SHa7W1l.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Now for the AFC

1. Tennessee Titans

The Titans wear navy more often, and use navy as a color more often, so I think this would be more likely than powder blue.

acBUXYI.png

2. Kansas City Chiefs

Same endzone used the last two Super Bowls.

NRDGCgj.png

3. Buffalo Bills

2pfxpJD.png

4. Cincinnati Bengals

I'm just hoping this is what we would see if the Bengals made it to a Super Bowl. The stripe pattern matches their current endzones.

eQiAw7c.png

5. Las Vegas Raiders

ozV1ae2.png

6. New England Patriots

Same endzone used in Super Bowl LIII

Y4a5i7C.png

7. Pittsburgh Steelers

Same sized wordmark as in their home stadium endzone.

SHa7W1l.png

Unfortunately, there is no way the NFL actually goes through the trouble of putting Bengals stripes in the end zone if they make it.  It'll be black or orange  LOL.

• Like 2