The lowest possible league position Dortmund can qualify for Europe in is 7th, a position where they are now just 4 points behind.

Wouldn't it be incredible if they just snuck into a champions league spot by the end of the season?

They'll propably do that. They learned how to win again and many teams in the top region of the table are struggling too often (besides Bayern and Wolfsburg). Also Hamburg did something similar a few years back. They also were placed on the 16th or 17th place in the winter break and still made it to the top. I can't remember if they went to the EL or CL though.

I'm looking forward to the match against Juventus next week. The '97 Champions League Final rematch will be a good indicator.

I think Dortmund could overcome the first part of the season demons and pull out a European berth, albeit UEL. The next week's first leg between Dortmund and Juventus should be a really good matchup. Strong attack from the wings for both sides.

I am also looking forward to my Gunners hosting Monaco. We have a really good chance in progressing past the Rd of 16 in a quite of number of years.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay classy, Feyenoord

Making reference to the Feyenoord supporters clashing with riot police prior to the Roma?

Enough said if you are :P

Good day in the Prem, Swansea claim season double over United even after van Gaal stating this week "that he is close to being able to pick his preferred side for the first time this season." So far from the truth even now with RvP injured and seen on crutches. Burnley draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge after Matic was sent off with 20 minutes remaining. The Chelsea supporters showing their solidarity as a club after the incidents in Paris. You judge on the banner:

_81153307_chelsea_banner_getty.jpg

City thump Newcastle to pull within five points of Chelsea, Hull wins at home v QPR with a Barton sending off (he has been sent off nine times in his career and now is joint discipline leader in the PL), and Arsenal struggle through 90 minutes of hell at Selhurst Park to pick up three points to leapfrog United into third. Coquelin was the absolute bright spot for the Gunners today again. The man is fitting in well into the DM role in the starting XI.

And how about Malaga beating Barca 1-0 today.

Anyone else see any talking points or low spots in today's European action?

I love tifo and all that comes with football matches from supporter groups but this one banner is quite good. This will not be the end of new TV rights deal released by the Premier League. People can't say football supporters don't have a sense of humor... :P

_81152515_premier_league_banner.jpg

Speaking of money, Italian club Parma has reportedly been dissolved and will be automatically relegated amid a financial disaster.

Any game they were supposed to play for the remainder of this season will be recorded as a 3-0 loss.

This is going to hurt Italian fantasy footballers more than anything here on the Board :) This is where players who were scoring major points against Parma.

But in the end it's a shame a once proud Italian club like Parma has gone down the same path as Rangers. Here's hoping they will bounce back sometime soon.

The Greek government has suspended professional football in the country indefinitely.

The move follows violence at a match between rivals Olympiakos and Panathinaikos, as well as a brawl between club officials at a board meeting on Tuesday.

The Greek league has already been suspended twice this season due to violence.

glory10.png

Terrible defensive showing by Arsenal today in a 3-1 loss to Monaco. Just terrible. As another Arsenal fan in the office said, though, in the second leg, Arsenal will likely score twice in the first 20 minutes just to get our hopes up, then do jacksquat in the rest of the game β€” maybe even miss a penalty β€” and get knocked out on away goals.

Was not expecting that result for Monaco (Pleased for them though and Berbatov) as everyone has been writing them off and to get three away goals is going to make it very hard for Arsenal to make it into the next round.

glory10.png

Gutted Tottenham went out the Europa League but at least we have a cup final to look forward to on Sunday against Chelsea.

Everton the only English side to make it through after Liverpool crash out on penalties.

glory10.png

There's a trouble brewing up on Merseyside

B_SOLhSWsAE41Sr.jpg

A few weeks ago, it was mainly the knee-jerk Evertonians posting on facebook/twitter calling for his head while most fans wanted to see this through, now everybody seems to want him out.

I wanted to give him a chance, but I don't see how he'll keep his job in the near future if his form, his tactics, and his attitude towards the team doesn't change.

I knew even from the opening draw against Leicester that this year wasn't going to go well and after so much of a letdown, it's hard not to ask Martinez to resign. Way too much suck with legitimately talented players to give him an extension until next year.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."Β 

There's a trouble brewing up on Merseyside

A few weeks ago, it was mainly the knee-jerk Evertonians posting on facebook/twitter calling for his head while most fans wanted to see this through, now everybody seems to want him out.

I wanted to give him a chance, but I don't see how he'll keep his job in the near future if his form, his tactics, and his attitude towards the team doesn't change.

I knew even from the opening draw against Leicester that this year wasn't going to go well and after so much of a letdown, it's hard not to ask Martinez to resign. Way too much suck with legitimately talented players to give him an extension until next year.

I just can't see Kenwright sacking him. It's just not a Kenwright thing to do. It would have to be Martinez resigning. I don't see that happening either unless they get relegated - which I think they will avoid but not comfortably.

I have seen a fair few of those Fav/RT polls on twitter since around December time but as you said, they are becoming more common now and with a greater backing. Living where I do (over the river from Liverpool) and being part of a huge family of Evertonians I get to see it first hand. There's no faith in the team and most Evertonians are going into games expecting the worst.

PS: I will be at Goodison on Sunday for a family party in one of the suites. I think there's a guided stadium tour beforehand. If you want me to ask any questions to the guide or take any photos?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Everyone falling out of love with Roberto Martinez is one of my favorite things to happen in a long, long time. Far too overrated as a manager.

Also think it's hilarious that all of the β€œcool kids” that wanted to start watching soccer and chose Everton are suffering for it. ;)

6fQjS3M.png

Arsenal is going back to Wembley! A 2-1 win over Manchester United to reach the FA Cup semifinals. I barely exhaled during the last 10 minutes β€” 15 if you count injury time. Amazing to see Man Utd have two diving calls go against them and not even get a sniff of goal in injury time. As a co-worker put it, Fergie's ghost has certainly left the building.

Semis will be:

β€’ Bradford City or Reading v Arsenal

β€’ Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers or Liverpool

Arsenal is going back to Wembley! A 2-1 win over Manchester United to reach the FA Cup semifinals. I barely exhaled during the last 10 minutes β€” 15 if you count injury time. Amazing to see Man Utd have two diving calls go against them and not even get a sniff of goal in injury time. As a co-worker put it, Fergie's ghost has certainly left the building.

Semis will be:

That was huge! And like you, I don't think I breathed either during the last 10-15 minutes.

I don't mean to be overconfident, but I have a pretty good feeling that Arsenal will get to the final.

Semis will be:

That was huge! And like you, I don't think I breathed either during the last 10-15 minutes.

I don't mean to be overconfident, but I have a pretty good feeling that Arsenal will get to the final.

Well, don't forget, this is the Bradford City side that knocked Chelsea out of the FA Cup this year. And Arsenal has had trouble dealing with Reading in years past.

Archived