Brave-Bird 08's NFL Re-imagined 2014 (3/32, Falcons added)

Brave-Bird 08

Apologies for the Photobucket issue. I've got six photos hosted so I'm not sure why it's doing this. I'll have the files moved and linked tomorrow!

I recently switched over to Imgur, and I like it better. There's no bandwidth limits and it's easy to link images. Just a thought!

Apologies for the Photobucket issue. I've got six photos hosted so I'm not sure why it's doing this. I'll have the files moved and linked tomorrow!

I recently switched over to Imgur, and I like it better. There's no bandwidth limits and it's easy to link images. Just a thought!

I've done the same thing and have used it for my current concepts thread. It's worked GREAT for me. Much better than Photobucket or Imageshack.

gYH2mW9.png

Atlanta Falcons

• This is an evolution of an idea I've posted in many forms on these boards before. The idea was to use elements that are more true to the Falcons logo set, rather than using the generic jersey design and numerals that the team sports today. With the new stadium even featuring the wing pattern in the seating design, there's no reason for it not to be a loud part of the Falcons identity. The logo wing is part of the sleeves and pants, giving the team a fast look. The numbers are consistent with the wordmark the team uses...hopefully modern, but tasteful. The sleeve design translates into a traditional triple stripe, worn by the Falcons in the early years, as it wraps around the back of the jersey.

GNKrSjo.png

sQ5fuJ2.png

dPr71Ti.png

I can't say all too much that I like the Steelers in this set. If you could ever bring yourself to ditch the socks, it would be good. As for Jets, I love the logo combinations you made, but take it off the pants and leave the helmet solid. I would hate to see the NFL go all Nike on the helmets and look like a bunch of Jaguars out there.

However, the Falcons are beautiful. This is exactly how I have thought of making the uniforms look. But, I would say to change the red on the shoulder stripe to white on the alternate jersey so it stands out more. And I would also make a helmet stripe that looks a little more like the pants and shoulder striping.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

As much as I hate the Falcons, these are great. The modern sleeve and pant striping is perfect. I agree that the numerals could use a little thicker outline though.

I agree %100 with you on these...The striping is a perfect combination of the past and the present.

It's been a long while since I've run a series through these boards. A year and a half ago I did a complete NFL overhaul, though I don't feel like I was as ambitious as I could have been. A lot of designs were run of the mill in the concept world. So, this is an evolution of my vision and concept-presentations. The old me used to like to start concept threads and not release any more than a few before getting ADD, but, just like my last NFL series, I've got a lot of time to kill in the next month and a lot of creative juices flowing. Plus, as I've continued to practice and oversee concepts on these boards, I've found it easier to make elaborate, detailed designs with more ease.

Without any more walls of text, see the next post for the first concept! I'll keep a running list with links to the images so you can always take a gander through the front page of the thread.

Enjoy! (Click in images for high-res)

Pittsburgh Steelers | Home | Road

New York Jets | Home | Road

Atlanta Falcons | Home | Road | Third

Pittsburgh Steelers

• Every time I've seen a Pittsburgh Steelers concept, the designer has abandoned the red and blue colors in the primary logo. So, my goal was to find a way to fit all of the colors in. After a lot of trial and error, I decided the best idea was to leave the logo badge on the jersey and then translate the logo badge into sock stripes. The mach-speed template was friendly to the shoulder stripes from the bumble bee uniforms, so I trimmed that design element into the template and made room for a clean presentation of the numbers and TV numbers. I decided to go back to a block font. I tried the stencil numerals, but felt that would be overkill of different elements.

UIU0T3I.png

ex1Zq5w.png

As a Steelers fan please don't try to include red and blue it just doesn't work for and feels out of place anywhere but on the logo

78i78o78.png

banner.pngvirginia-tech-state-silhouette-decal-9.png10574358_10153800658784905_4912776899242569995_n.jpg

Falcons: nice modernization. like the silver.

Jets and Steelers: they are together because: New York has a nice shoulder design, but with Pitt, I feel that your going into bumblebee territory

• 2 weeks later...

Archived