Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

50 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

After seeing the Pats endzone this year, your SB50 alternate might be wrong. Could you mock it up with this year's endzone design for the Pats?

I noticed that also. I made the change.

50ft.png

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2017 at 2:08 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

If this thread could be re-activeated, how about a SB XXII field for the New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns?

22-alt1.png

The Saints might have been one of the only teams who would have had to have gone with a black endzone in this era of Super Bowl fields (along with the Raiders). Just doesn't pair up well with the Browns endzone I think.

37 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I noticed that also. I made the change.

50ft.png

With this presumed new end-zone layout; I wonder how Dallas would handle things if they got to the Super Bowl. Would they go their helmet logo (like at AT&T Stadium), or go with the simply blue star logo?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

7 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

With this presumed new end-zone layout; I wonder how Dallas would handle things if they got to the Super Bowl. Would they go their helmet logo (like at AT&T Stadium), or go with the simply blue star logo?

Probably this. The Cowboys typically add a white border around the outer blue when on colored backgrounds. Like in your signature for example.

Cowboys.png

Showing, no pun intended, steely resolve in Foxborough and without LeVeon Bell, the Steelers defense manages to use a quickly improving pass rush to put Brady under constant pressure in order to keep pace until the 4th quarter, where a highlight reel catch in the end zone on the Steelers' comeback drive by Antonio Brown allows the Steelers to escape their house of horrors with a demon-exorcising 24-21 win.

Meanwhile, the Packers offensive line is able to hold off a persistent Falcons' pass rush, allowing Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan to exchange touchdowns in a high scoring game.  Inevitably, the Packers pull out a natrow win of their own with an improbable Hail Mary TD pass to Jared Cook to win 49-45.

In the Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers proves himself to be a greater QB than Ben Roethlisberger, and despite a record-breaking game by Antonio Brown, Rodgers engineers a game winning TD drive with 3:30 left and caps it off with a scrambling scoring pass to Devante Adams in the back of the end zone to lead the Packers to their 5th Super Bowl title with a 35-28 win.

This is my favorite concept series on this page. I still love it.

I have some requests:

Super Bowl LI: Raiders vs Giants 

Super Bowl XXXVIII: Rams vs Colts 

Super Bowl XLII: Chargers vs Cowboys

Super Bowl XIII: Cardinals vs Steelers 

Super Bowl XXXII: Patriots vs Redskins

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

On 2/6/2017 at 6:28 PM, cubsfan2015 said:

I have some requests:

I'll do these 5, then I'm back to doing historic NFL fields for the GFD.

And a very early guess at LII. I'm guessing all the turf will be replaced for the game, since so many logos, the numbers, and purple outlines at the 25 are sewn into the turf. In Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, they replaced the turf on the entire field for that game as well. (lesser known, they did it for XXVI, also in Minnesota).

This means standard numbers, no outlines, and flat out boring. 

52.png

12 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I'll do these 5, then I'm back to doing historic NFL fields for the GFD.

And a very early guess at LII. I'm guessing all the turf will be replaced for the game, since so many logos, the numbers, and purple outlines at the 25 are sewn into the turf. In Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, they replaced the turf on the entire field for that game as well. (lesser known, they did it for XXVI, also in Minnesota).

This means standard numbers, no outlines, and flat out boring. 

52.png

Quite boring, I to am working on some historical fields. Like the first Cardinals game in Sun Devil Stadium. And the NY Giants in the Old Meadowlands (with the "New Jersey" circle logo at the 50!)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On 2/6/2017 at 6:28 PM, cubsfan2015 said:

I have some requests:

51-alt.png

38-alt1.png

42-alt0.png

13-alt0.png

32-alt0.png

Alright. That's it for requests for a while. I got the 2009 Playoffs to complete.

• 1 month later...

I ran into the topic a few years ago, and I have always thought how cool it would be to take the time and simulate these games,  I am now doing just that, 1 a month, and today was Super Bowl I, I used the field design as my cover photo, I'll be more then happy to give you credit, however you like, or remove it you dont like it.  Let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, tohasbo said:

It would be odd to see something say like the Lions against the Browns.  That would be a weird field set up design, no?

It would be odd to see Cleveland in anything but last place, but it's a better endzone combo than most. Overall I don't think it would look that bad. I would expect the entire field to be replaced with new field turf, since so much of the Vikings field is sewn in.

52-alt1-full-txt-1024.thumb.png.bd5f9549560b89811af3585b818fee9f.png

52-SB.png.b1e3f48ddc71ef738bab0ecb1f401982.png

52-CLE-ez.thumb.png.50c5dc579df01fd3f650963edd1bc00d.png

52-CLE-tb.thumb.png.f20d385d14ae1ae8662762666cd72606.png

52-DET-ez.thumb.png.00e9cde2dffdac8b4aba7303384a61ee.png

52-DET-tb.thumb.png.da7813a7fe7255ea9d535ca054e32efa.png

21 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

It would be odd to see Cleveland in anything but last place, but it's a better endzone combo than most. Overall I don't think it would look that bad. I would expect the entire field to be replaced with new field turf, since so much of the Vikings field is sewn in.

52-alt1-full-txt-1024.thumb.png.bd5f9549560b89811af3585b818fee9f.png

52-SB.png.b1e3f48ddc71ef738bab0ecb1f401982.png

52-CLE-ez.thumb.png.50c5dc579df01fd3f650963edd1bc00d.png

52-CLE-tb.thumb.png.f20d385d14ae1ae8662762666cd72606.png

52-DET-ez.thumb.png.00e9cde2dffdac8b4aba7303384a61ee.png

52-DET-tb.thumb.png.da7813a7fe7255ea9d535ca054e32efa.png

Interesting how the only teams to NOT play in the Super Bowl are the Lions, Browns, Texans and Jaguars.  

My favorite meme is where Simba and Mustafa are looking in the distance. "See that shadowy area my son. That's the Superbowl, Lion's never go there!"

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 3 months later...

Archived