Unseen St. Louis Stallions Photo

ddub53

So I came across a photo of the St. Louis Stallions photo that I had never seen before. It was an official NFL Photo that was sent to the AP. The stripe in the center is essentially a reserve Broncos style that narrows and it goes back. It also appears that that center gold stripe tapers as more white appears in the center as the gold goes back. Has anyone else seen this Stallions strip pattern before?

491f5915_o.jpeg

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow - great find.

I'd expect that the AP photo was an early version, considering that they didn't have a jersey at that point.

But funny that they ended up with something closer to anticipating the eventual Broncos helmet - can only presume that NFL Properties held on to the idea once the Stallions' bid failed and dragged it out when they needed a Broncos design.

Perhaps St. Louis will get an expansion team in 5-10 years after the Rams depart for Los Angeles. The expansion team should be called the Stallions, and they can wear those uniforms. :P

Not likely, as the ideas for their identity were refined and used for the Broncos' rebrand in 1997.

Birmingham? Not a good case.

*gets hit by falling debris from Legion Field*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I realize that was very early in the design process, and that the Panthers and Jaguars ended up wearing very different uniforms than what was shown at first - but man, everything about that logo and uniform package sucks. Top to bottom, inside out, hot garbage.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I've moved a whole slate of posts to the NFL relocation thread, as they were more about the city if LA's ability to support NFL football and St. Louis' prospects at a third NFL franchise then about the proposed Stallions' logos and uniforms. You can find the whole conversation starting here...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102389-nfl-merry-go-round-relocation-roundelay/?p=2387043

Let's keep the talk here uniform and logo related.

Archived