LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 5 - Fantasy Team

pollux

Whats the deal with advertisements? Can we use them?

Yes, you can use advertisements, but they are not mandatory.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Few questions here.

Not to sound stupid but what is a clash kit?

Is it like an alternate uniform?

Could we show the crest on the side as well as on the jersey?

Also, I don't know if I can ask this here, but last time I had trouble with my template size. I make my stuff in Powerpoint then transfer it to paint.net to size it into the 800x600, but when I email it, it somehow becomes larger than it should. Should I email it as a jpeg instead of a png?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Few questions here.

Not to sound stupid but what is a clash kit?

Is it like an alternate uniform?

Could we show the crest on the side as well as on the jersey?

Also, I don't know if I can ask this here, but last time I had trouble with my template size. I make my stuff in Powerpoint then transfer it to paint.net to size it into the 800x600, but when I email it, it somehow becomes larger than it should. Should I email it as a jpeg instead of a png?

Clash kit: unlike hockey, where teams have a home set and an away set, teams in soccer have a main kit which they will use if the opponent's kit differ enough from their own. Otherwise, they'll use a clash kit, which can use colors not on the usual color palette.

You can show the crest on the side and on the jersey, or only on the jersey. The advantage of showing it on the side is to allow voters to see the crest better.

For the template size, I'm not too sure, as I am not using paint.net. Is it possible that you resized what you copy-pasted, but not the canvas itself? Check out how to resize the canvas on google, it will hopefully help you. You can also check the file attributes when saved: it should give you the width and height. I really doubt that the file type (png or jpg) has anything to do with the issue here.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

From a PM:

Does everything on the crest need to be created by me or can I use elements that already exist? (For example, can I pull elements from the city's coat of arms to put in the crest? Can it be the focus of my crest?)

You can use elements that already exist. It could be the main focus of your crest, but I would strongly recommend that you don't use existing elements as the main focus. While I will not disqualify you, members voting may see it as simply reusing what already exists, and you may lose votes because of that.

From a PM:

It says we need to put the name of the club and the city on the logo. Is it OK to abbreviate the club name, like how Barcelona's logo just has a "FCB" or do we have to spell out the whole thing?

Yes, you can abbreviate the club name. Just make sure to provide the city name in your email so that I can add it to your entry.

Via a PM:

My crest has a white outline on it, so when I put it on a white background you can't see the parts I put into it. Could I put my crest on a small colored square on the white background?

Right off the bat, do NOT put your crest on a colored background.

However, I'm confused when you mention that you can't see the parts on a white background. What parts are you talking about exactly? If the "parts" only refers to the white outline, then it should show on one of your kits - it's unlikely you have two white kits. If that's not the case, you can send me another PM to explain the situation better.

• The selected uniform template must display both the front and the back of the jersey.

For fear of being DQ'd, I feel I need to clarify this point. Does this refer to front and back of the jersey only? Or can the front and back of the shorts be present? Front and back of the socks?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• The selected uniform template must display both the front and the back of the jersey.

For fear of being DQ'd, I feel I need to clarify this point. Does this refer to front and back of the jersey only? Or can the front and back of the shorts be present? Front and back of the socks?

You can show the back of the socks and shorts, but usually, the design for those elements is pretty similar in the front and in the back.

You at least need to show the back of the jersey, but I will not disqualify an entry if it shows the back of the socks and shorts too. However, think that it will take more room on the template, so it's really up to you whether you want to display them or not.

I know that the instructions state the following:

• You can select the name of the city and the name of the football club. The city and the name of the football club must both appear on the soccer crest

Does this mean that acronyms aren't acceptable (i.e. MUFC instead of Manchester United Football Club) in place of the club name?

gYH2mW9.png

• You can select the name of the city and the name of the football club. The city and the name of the football club must both appear on the soccer crest

Does this mean that acronyms aren't acceptable (i.e. MUFC instead of Manchester United Football Club) in place of the club name?

From a PM:

It says we need to put the name of the club and the city on the logo. Is it OK to abbreviate the club name, like how Barcelona's logo just has a "FCB" or do we have to spell out the whole thing?

Yes, you can abbreviate the club name. Just make sure to provide the city name in your email so that I can add it to your entry.

BOOM!

As Dan pointed out, you can use acronyms, as long as you provide the city name in your email.

From a PM:

I have a recolored version of the badge on my clash kit. Can/Should I include this along with the regular badge?

You can, but you don't need to. As long as it is clear it is a recolor, you won't be disqualified if you add it on your submission.

The event is over! Voting will be up in a few minutes.

Archived