Rj0498    323
10 hours ago, tulanebc said:

That was your dazzle fabric era, where black jerseys looked like a wet Hefty bag.

Would have loved to see them matched with mavs when they were wearing the trash bag unis

SCalderwood    235
1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

Would have loved to see them matched with mavs when they were wearing the trash bag unis

Haha.

s0343399_sc7?$splssku$            vs.  black_bag.jpg

They could have called it the Hefty Bowl.

upperV03    2,160

The Bucks are having a blackout tonight for Game 3 against Toronto. They'll be in the black "fear the deer" uniforms and they'll have the alternate court as well. This'll be the first time (to my knowledge) that any team will have used an alternate court in a playoff game.

kimball    598
38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Bucks are having a blackout tonight for Game 3 against Toronto. They'll be in the black "fear the deer" uniforms and they'll have the alternate court as well. This'll be the first time (to my knowledge) that any team will have used an alternate court in a playoff game.

HISTORY! 

But, for aesthetics' sake let's hope the Raptors are in red and not white. Color vs. Color is the only way to go. 

Shadojoker    634
15 hours ago, kimball said:

HISTORY! 

But, for aesthetics' sake let's hope the Raptors are in red and not white. Color vs. Color is the only way to go. 

antetokounmpo-vs-raptors-gm-3.jpg?itok=r

You got your wish! 

Btw. Am I the only one hoping for a road version of these beauties from the Wizards?

JN2_9558a.jpg

mike2sana    63
12 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Those are the best jerseys Washingtons had (in basketball) since the Bullets, imo

Sorry but the original wizards set is the best. I'd say these are a close 2nd :P

Digby    697

Eh, I like the striping on the regular Wiz jerseys. The Nets and Sixers already kinda took this aesthetic. Plus I'm bored with foisting patriotism on DC teams -- wish someone from the big four leagues would follow DC United's lead and place city pride above country pride for a change.

Digby    697

I'd suggest a compromise that's more based on the navy blue alt: no second stripe on the front, but retains the contrasting shoulder yoke. I think I do like the red wordmark + navy number + no silver on the flag alt, so that can stay. But none of the stars and stripes stuff. (As much as I hate on the nationalistic nonsense, I do love the retro-campaign-button look of the Wizards logo.)

keynote    219
3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245694/Wizards-Home-Playoff-Uniforms-Can-No-Longer-Be-Bought-By-Fans

Wow those Wizards jerseys are sold out until NIKE takes over. 

It says that these unis are VERY popular with everyone!! (Even management and shareholders)  Guess we can expect a road alternate then.

You're right that demand outstripped projections, but I suspect that the projections were extremely conservative.  Wizards merch doesn't appear to sell that well. 

I went to the NBA flagship store in NYC ~8 years ago; I asked if they stocked Wizards shorts.  The rep replied, "nah, we only carry the main teams."

upperV03    2,160

The Raptors are going with the gold-accented uniforms tonight in Cleveland. Seems an odd choice.

sayahh    354
16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Raptors are going with the gold-accented uniforms tonight in Cleveland. Seems an odd choice.

I think they're trying what the Cavs did last year against the Warriors: switch to alternates and maybe turn your fortunes. 

upperV03    2,160
On 5/3/2017 at 4:23 PM, sayahh said:

I think they're trying what the Cavs did last year against the Warriors: switch to alternates and maybe turn your fortunes. 

I suppose that's possible (although it certainly didn't work), but teams will often bring two sets of uniforms with them for the first two road games of a playoff series since they generally stay in that city in between those games. So unless they flew out the black and gold set after Game 1, it seems as though it was a move that was decided on before the series.

Digby    697
On 5/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, sayahh said:

Hmm, what's plan B? 

Discogod    264
On 4/21/2017 at 10:12 PM, keynote said:

You're right that demand outstripped projections, but I suspect that the projections were extremely conservative.  Wizards merch doesn't appear to sell that well. 

I went to the NBA flagship store in NYC ~8 years ago; I asked if they stocked Wizards shorts.  The rep replied, "nah, we only carry the main teams."

I was there a couple of years ago trying to find some Hornets merch. Aside from an LJ throwback jersey, they only had a single t-shirt. When I asked one of the assistants if they had anything, he said "you mean the Pelicans, right?". When I said Charlotte he replied "Oh, Bobcats stuff isn't a big seller". Just about said it all.

I also didn't find a single piece of Whalers merch at the NHL store either, but that's another story...