Milwaukee Flag Getting Overhaul

KDubK414

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CS85 said:

The sun/water one is good, but I feel like the Cream City M-star is a little better.  It also subtly reminds of the American Indian star symbol.

200-star-symbol.jpg

Very astute observation. It makes very much sense given the Native roots of Milwaukee and Wisconsin! 

I think you sold me on that one for the moment. 

packchampionslfroh.png

The bottom 2 are the best designs (Using the flat pics in my speech).... I like that Sun one, but the one with just the M-Star is beautiful too.

I hope either wins. The one I don't wanna win is the very top left one (flat designs).

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I think the sun one has to be the winner here. It's the best one of the lot by far although most of the other ones are good except for the one with the yellow circle. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Honestly I think the flag they have now doesn't look that bad compared to these finalists.  Why does everything have to be in abstract, where you have no clue what it is until you read the "story" that goes with it? 

2 hours ago, Mockba said:

milwaukeeflag.jpg

:blink:

I'm not saying it couldn't use improvement, I'm just saying it's still better then the finalists.  What they should have done is made the contest about cleaning up the current flag, not totally redesigning it.

On 5/15/2016 at 7:43 AM, CS85 said:

Top left all the way. I've always been a huge fan of flags that use abstract versions of the city's topography (see Portland and St. Louis) and that one continues that beautiful tradition.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 5/19/2016 at 2:01 PM, CS85 said:

The sun/water one is good, but I feel like the Cream City M-star is a little better.  It also subtly reminds of the American Indian star symbol.

200-star-symbol.jpg

I agree with this, but I did see some pretty negative reactions to all of the options, since they had no connection at all to the existing flag.  While the existing one is crap, it's not a bad idea to connect a little bit to it.  This idea rattled around in my head for a few days, so I thought I'd sketch it out:

Milwaukee-flag-1.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

11 hours ago, Mockba said:

I agree with this, but I did see some pretty negative reactions to all of the options, since they had no connection at all to the existing flag.  While the existing one is crap, it's not a bad idea to connect a little bit to it.  This idea rattled around in my head for a few days, so I thought I'd sketch it out:

Milwaukee-flag-1.png

Okay, I want this one now.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Milwaukee-flag-1.png

May I just say this is a thing of beauty? Why didn't you think of it earlier Mockba :P ?

Also, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the way you did the star looks like four separate "M's" for Milwaukee.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

On 2016-05-26 at 2:53 AM, Mockba said:

Milwaukee-flag-1.png

This trumps all.

Too bad it's too late, bud. This would win for sure.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 5/30/2016 at 4:02 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

Too bad it's too late, bud. This would win for sure.

I'm not sure it would have, but that's only because I don't think the judges made very good choices.   The final five were pretty weak overall.

As far as updating the current flag, I really love this design from Paul Bartlett:

b99722199z.1_20160511142150_000_giofifvq

I think this should have been chosen.  Easily the best of the semifinalists (aside from my own, naturally B) ).

Archived