Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 minute ago, eRay said:

I'll just never understand why the Celtics didn't make their jersey color the color of the parquet. It would better honor and represent the parquet floor, and it would also bring back the gold/green St. Patrick's Day uniform that everyone on this board and every Celtics fan wants. It makes so much sense, yet they didn't do it. I've almost convinced myself that the league wouldn't allow jerseys to be the same color as the hardwood.

You know ... with so much talk about no Christmas jerseys or St. Patrick's Day jerseys for the Celts ... I wonder if Nike would eventually introduce a 5th jersey -- like a "Holiday Edition" that teams playing on Christmas or whatever holiday they want to celebrate (New Years, Chinese New Years, Thanksgiving, Valentines (think OKC/NOLA's red jersey), St. Patrick's Day, Easter, state holiday ... whatever) and it would be worn 1-2 times max.

I know that sounds crazy, but Nike and the NBA is about $$$ and people would throw their money at them.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

As a New Jersey Native I am wondering what the Nets would even do for a city jersey if they were still in New Jersy. Meadowlands? Shore? Flag themed?

Right; that's the problem with the Meadowlands -- it's nowhere.

But in Newark there would be plenty of imagery to choose from.  They could have played off the Ironbound theme, using imagery of girders or perhaps of railroad tracks.  Othewise they could have gone with something connected to Newark's "Brick City" nickname.  (Of course, that would have opened them up to plenty of mockery on every missed shot.  Still, if the Tampa Tarpons can withstand tampon references, then the New Jersey Nets could have tolerated jokes based on a Brick City-themed uniform.)

Really? Outside of Phillip Roth's memories, urban decay and a big fella yelling at trains, I'm not sure what Newark has to offer for sports imagery. Or anything else for that matter. 

13 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Really? Outside of Phillip Roth's memories, urban decay and a big fella yelling at trains, I'm not sure what Newark has to offer for sports imagery. Or anything else for that matter. 

Don't expect happiness. You won't get it, people let you down, and in the end, you die in your own arms. It's all a big nothing.

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

LOL I know..was being sarcastic. That's what makes these boards fun. We don't always have to agree or disagree but it's how we do it that makes it fun.

Knew I was missing something.  I apologize for being socially inept.

33 minutes ago, eRay said:

...it would also bring back the gold/green St. Patrick's Day uniform that everyone on this board and every Celtics fan wants.

Right on the money.  I hate when authority figures are the only people who like something (see Spanos, Dean).

I don’t understand how some of the city unis are available in store but nothing online yet. It’s mind boggling. 

Getting all this new Miami gear when it comes out. They screwed up not having this ready for Christmas though smh 

24 minutes ago, Teal said:

I wonder if there will be hoodies etc based on the city designs?

The link I provided has Nike City edition hoodies and shirts for most of the teams, as well as the New Era caps that we saw a couple weeks ago.

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

They're in Live (not that anybody plays that game). I wonder if the NBA is punishing 2K for leaking them.

Live 18>>>2k18

1 minute ago, bushy said:

Live 18>>>2k18

Yes in the year 2002. We are now living in the year 2017.

Just now, Teal said:

Yes in the year 2002. We are now living in the year 2017.

Well I didn’t say Live over 2k. I specifically said this years version of the game is better. That’s all. 

I'll just never understand why the Celtics didn't make their jersey color the color of the parquet. It would better honor and represent the parquet floor, and it would also bring back the gold/green St. Patrick's Day uniform that everyone on this board and every Celtics fan wants. It makes so much sense, yet they didn't do it. I've almost convinced myself that the league wouldn't allow jerseys to be the same color as the hardwood.

Just adding an example of what I meant...

rr6nt5.jpg

6 minutes ago, Teal said:

I don’t think this is manufactured by Nike. 

It's not. It's a fanatics issue hoody, which the NBA partners with. 

4 minutes ago, eRay said:

Just adding an example of what I meant...

rr6nt5.jpg

This is glorious. Hopefully next year we get something like this. Thanks for sharing.