2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

We might have been led astray...

As odd as it may seem, it's actually been like that before every national team game recently. Both on Snapchat and on Twitter when they've posted shots of the locker rooms before games, the jerseys have still had the tags on them. 

EDIT: Here's the locker room shot from the Venezuela game, with the tags clearly still attached to the jersey.

IMG_5663.thumb.JPG.410ef4b003dfa52b3e9d3955ed375826.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This seems so odd that the equipment manager would not simply pull the tags off. I would have never thought a professional athlete (let alone one representing his country) would have to remove their own tags! Unless it's done later by the staff...? I'm surprised we haven't seen a player sneak onto the field with a forgotten tag yet.

Ghana's warming up in white, so it seems the US will be debuting the new kits today after all:

IMG_5667.thumb.JPG.d036d245cab42f1051b0766a2227ba18.JPG

Really not a fan of how they're choosing to unveil this new kit, honestly. Going to the hassle of printing and setting up the white kits for every player (except the keepers, of course) just seems so pointless to me, and it frankly just seems like such a cheesy and predictable way to unveil it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Those are prematch kits with no numbers though.

I know, but they're also wearing white shorts which look to be the ones that go with their white kits. But then again, it looks like the US is warming up in their white shorts as well, so I'm really not sure now which kits will actually be worn. 

IMG_5668.thumb.JPG.51371e4b2d40cdf73e71094e8714f4b6.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This is the weirdest release I've seen. No leaks for so long and then about two weeks before, the flood gates burst and they're showing up at Dick's everywhere. They hit US Soccer's online shop before they are even formally announced and then the team faked us out over wearing them.

@JPDesign glad you got one! I sucked it up and got one too. Not that I would have skipped this shirt, but I usually go thru SoccerPro.com because they always have the best prices and free shipping (when you spend like $50 or something, which is literally every jersey). Nonetheless, I didn't want to miss this with limited quantities. US Soccer's shop has $15.99 for standard ground shipping?!? What the..??!

The US just walked out for the anthems in the new kit. So they numbered and set up the white kits for every player, warmed up in the white shorts, and then switched right before kickoff. And they've still yet to acknowledge the fact that they're debuting the new kits. Very odd indeed.

EDIT: Looks like the shorts have red side stripes rather than blue like the shirt, and the socks (technically they're the Vapor match sleeves) are solid navy. The sleeves of the shirts do indeed have some stars missing for the Gold Cup patch, which looks extremely odd tonight without any patch there.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

@JPDesign glad you got one! I sucked it up and got one too. Not that I would have skipped this shirt, but I usually go thru SoccerPro.com because they always have the best prices and free shipping (when you spend like $50 or something, which is literally every jersey). Nonetheless, I didn't want to miss this with limited quantities. US Soccer's shop has $15.99 for standard ground shipping?!? What the..??!

Ditto. It physically pained me to pay that much for shipping, but I bit the bullet. I figure if it launches on other sites by Monday, and the US Soccer Store order hasn't shipped yet, I'll cancel and reorder somewhere else.

Really thought they'd have red shorts because of the side stripe on the jersey being blue. Is this the first time Nike's done mismatched stripes on the aeroswift template?

And now here's the Nike press release for the new kit, but still no formal acknowledgement from US Soccer. And it's especially odd that the release image from Nike features Clint Dempsey, who isn't on the Gold Cup roster and who won't even wear the kit.

IMG_5673.thumb.PNG.25463b87c58a811fab7dd06278c66a08.PNG

http://news.nike.com/news/u-s-men-s-national-team-launch-concacaf-gold-cup-kit

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

Wouldve been cool with keeping white shorts on, but i like the way they were unveiled, kind of fun. 

The unveiling just seems like it was thrown together at the last minute, and frankly the kit kind of feels thrown together as well with all of the competing elements. Still a really nice look overall, but the execution of the kit and its release just feels a bit sloppy.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived