International Football 2017-2018

AnPheitseog

All you need to know about the Champions League final

Who is in the final?
The biggest game in club football will this season be contested by holders Real Madrid and five-time winners Liverpool. Madrid booked their place with a nervy 4-3 aggregate victory against Bayern on Tuesday, with Liverpool squeezing past Roma on Wednesday.:D:D:D

Champions_League_2017_2018+%25284%2529.p

When does it take place?
The match will be held on Saturday 26 May, kicking off at 20:45CET (21:45 local time). This is the ninth successive season that the final has taken place at the weekend.

Where is it being played?
Highlights: Spain beat Italy in 2012 final in Kyiv
NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kyiv – the capital of Ukraine – will stage the fixture. The venue was renovated ahead of UEFA EURO 2012 and played host to the final, in which Spain beat Italy 4-0 to retain the trophy. The stadium has a net capacity of 63,000.

Champions_League_2017_2018+%25286%2529.p

Who is your Champions League Champions?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andres Iniesta :wub: has confirmed he will leave Barcelona at the end of the season after 22 years associated with the club.

Struggling to hold back the tears, Iniesta said: “I understand that in the near future I will not be able to give the best of myself in all senses, both physically and mentally.

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252826%25

Barcelona confirm 'lifetime' contract for star midfielder Andres Iniesta

"The Spanish midfielder, who has made 639 appearances for Barça, ranks second on the all-time games played list at the Club. He has scored 55 goals for the first team, for which he debuted on October 29th, 2002.

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252828%25

"Since 2015 Iniesta has been the team's first captain, and is one of the Club's most distinguished symbols. The 33-year-old midfielder joined the Club in September 1996, at the age of 12. Iniesta and Leo Messi share the record for the most titles in Barça history, with 32."

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%25289%252

Iniesta decided to leave Barcelona after 22 seasons with the club, winning an extraordinary nine La Liga titles and lifting the UEFA Champions League trophy four times. two European Championships, He also won the 2010 World Cup with Spain in 2010.

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252829%25

It was widely reported across Spain that the FIFA World Cup winner would be heading to China to join Chongqing on a three-year deal, worth €81 million (A$129 million).

However, Barcelona sports website Sport is reporting that Australia, along with Japan, are 'tempting' Iniesta. 

"The lack of an agreement with Chongqing has led Iniesta to study new horizons with Australia as the preferred destination," journalist Jordi Gil writes. 

Andres_Inesta_barcelona_2018_%252813%252

INIESTA'S TRIBUTE TO MESSI
"For me it has been and always will be an honour and a privilege to have shared a team with him," Iniesta said.

"To be able to share time with him every day and share so many magic moments, because in my opinión there is no-one like him and there never will be."

"I’ve always said that Leo is a fundamental part of this team and its bid to win trophies and so for me as a teammate and a player, to have him by my side has been unique and magic."

Andres_Iniesta_barcelona_2018_%252825%25

Wayne Rooney has reportedly agreed in principle to a move to D.C. United this summer in a £12m deal. As a Liverpool and a newly minted D.C. United fan, this is extremely conflicting. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Wayne Rooney has reportedly agreed in principle to a move to D.C. United this summer in a £12m deal. As a Liverpool and a newly minted D.C. United fan, this is extremely conflicting. 

That better be over 4 years, he's not worth that much anymore for even two years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I hopped on the Swansea bandwagon with the hope that they could stay in the Premier League for a good long time with such a good story being the only Welsh team in a league full of British teams... so, seeing the Swans team that I adopted get relegated kind of hurts.

Confirmed top 6 and relegated clubs for the Premier League, 2017-18:

1. Man City (100 pts) ?

2. Man Utd (81 pts)

3. Tottenham (77 pts)

4. Liverpool (75 pts)

5. Chelsea (70 pts)

6. Arsenal (63 pts)

18. Swansea (33 pts)

19. Stoke (33 pts)

20. West Brom (31 pts)

Mo Salah also scored his 32nd of the Premier League season. It’s a new record for a 38-game PL season. He passes Alan Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Luis Suarez who all scored 31. 

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

I hopped on the Swansea bandwagon with the hope that they could stay in the Premier League for a good long time with such a good story being the only Welsh team in a league full of British teams... so, seeing the Swans team that I adopted get relegated kind of hurts.

Well, Cardiff City got promoted from the Championship so it looks like you'll have a new team for next year. 

Swansea getting the boot was pretty predictable after they sold Siggurdson. They hardly stayed up even with him last season, and losing that offensive output made a relegation battle inevitable. 

Also, Shoutout to Levante for denying Barcelona a perfect season winning 5-4 despite a Coutinho hat trick. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

End my life.

“The football club Beitar Jerusalem, one of the most prominent symbols of the city, are happy to honor the President for his love and support with a gesture of our own. The chairmen of the club, the owner Eli Tabib and the executive manager Eli Ohana have decided to add to the club’s title the name of the American President who made history, and from now on will be called Beitar Trump Jerusalem.”

53Ocz8U.png

47 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Europa League Final was last night and I missed it! UEFA need to work on getting the info out for both matches, not just Champions League.

Their schedule really hasn't changed much in 20 years. UEFA Cup/Europa has been on a Wednesday night ever since they moved to a one game final and was two weeks before the UCL Final, when previously held on a Wednesday a now 10 days as it moved to Saturday.

The entire UEFA calendar changes for the upcoming season as both finals will be played within the same week: Europa on May 29; UCL on June 1, 2019

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Europa League Final was last night and I missed it! UEFA need to work on getting the info out for both matches, not just Champions League. Atletico Madrid won 3-0 so Spain should get 5 slots in Champions League next year. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44113764

I almost missed it too. Only reason I knew was because a football account I look at on IG occasionally had something about it.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Spain should get 5 slots in Champions League next year. 

Nope, both Atleti and Real are already going to qualify for UCL football through the league, so no additional spots given.

The third-placed team from France (which could be Monaco, Lyon or Marseille) will qualify directly to the group stage as a result. The champion of the Czech league (likely Viktoria Plzeň) was bumped to the group stage since the UCL champion will have also already qualified for the group stage.

The other beneficiaries of the Atleti result are the second-placed teams from Turkey and Czechia, which will each enter one round later than originally intended.

Speaking of Turkey, there's a fantastic race going to the wire for both the league championship and the second UCL slot.

image.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

Chelsea defeat Manchester United 1-0 in the FA Cup final on an early Eden Hazard penalty. Paul Pogba, the £89m man, misses an open header to potentially equalize with less than 10 minutes to go. 

spacer.png

Archived