HedleyLamarr

Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

3 hours ago, Corvus said:

Also, the 2015 draft was sure odd, aside from the Eichel/McJesus stuff. How the hell do Boeser and Barzal go so late? And boston could have both of them. 

Boeser was USHL, which is roughly equivalent to Junior A; using a lottery pick on a USHLer not on the NatDevs is a fireable offense

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Boeser was USHL, which is roughly equivalent to Junior A; using a lottery pick on a USHLer not on the NatDevs is a fireable offense

But already comitted to North Dakota at the time of the draft, I believe 

2 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

so the Rangers had basically an extra home game today.  

I wish there was more discussion about this nationally. It's pretty outrageous.

Yet their fanbase will still think the league is out to screw them the next time a ref makes a bad call.

On 12/23/2017 at 9:25 PM, the admiral said:

Almost everything the Bruins front office has done in the past 7 years has been a fireable offense. So.... 

6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

That Sweden player didn't take the loss very well.

The guy that caught it was wearing three jerseys? I have to assume that there was a Canada jersey underneath the Sweden one... just in case?

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The guy that caught it was wearing three jerseys? I have to assume that there was a Canada jersey underneath the Sweden one... just in case?

Yeah, I found that weird what he did. Idk for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had one. :)

9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Yeah, I found that weird what he did. Idk for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had one. :)

I don’t know why he was wearing three jerseys, but apparently the hidden Sweden jersey was to troll his Canadian friends. And the medal made it back to a trainer for the Swedish team, so the player can get it back eventually.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/06/meet-the-fan-who-caught-swedens-silver-medal-after-world-juniors-final/

Hidden gem: the reporter’s name is Tsujimoto. :lol:

On 12/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, Corvus said:

Also, the 2015 draft was sure odd, aside from the Eichel/McJesus stuff. How the hell do Boeser and Barzal go so late? And boston could have both of them. 

Why have Boeser and Barzal when you can have a few guys who will be ready to get that call up from Providence at the ripe young age of 26?

Blackhawks selectively leaking out that Corey Crawford has "vertigo-like" symptoms. No word yet on a date or location for the memorial service.