HedleyLamarr

Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Corvus said:

Also, the 2015 draft was sure odd, aside from the Eichel/McJesus stuff. How the hell do Boeser and Barzal go so late? And boston could have both of them. 

Boeser was USHL, which is roughly equivalent to Junior A; using a lottery pick on a USHLer not on the NatDevs is a fireable offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Boeser was USHL, which is roughly equivalent to Junior A; using a lottery pick on a USHLer not on the NatDevs is a fireable offense

 

But already comitted to North Dakota at the time of the draft, I believe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Bruins team might actually be a serious playoff contender if they could ever beat Washington or Toronto.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

so the Rangers had basically an extra home game today.  

 

I wish there was more discussion about this nationally. It's pretty outrageous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet their fanbase will still think the league is out to screw them the next time a ref makes a bad call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 9:25 PM, the admiral said:

Boeser was USHL, which is roughly equivalent to Junior A; using a lottery pick on a USHLer not on the NatDevs is a fireable offense

 

Almost everything the Bruins front office has done in the past 7 years has been a fireable offense. So.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Sweden player didn't take the loss very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

That Sweden player didn't take the loss very well.

The guy that caught it was wearing three jerseys? I have to assume that there was a Canada jersey underneath the Sweden one... just in case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The guy that caught it was wearing three jerseys? I have to assume that there was a Canada jersey underneath the Sweden one... just in case?

 

Yeah, I found that weird what he did. Idk for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had one. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

 

Yeah, I found that weird what he did. Idk for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had one. :)

I don’t know why he was wearing three jerseys, but apparently the hidden Sweden jersey was to troll his Canadian friends. And the medal made it back to a trainer for the Swedish team, so the player can get it back eventually.

 

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/06/meet-the-fan-who-caught-swedens-silver-medal-after-world-juniors-final/

 

Hidden gem: the reporter’s name is Tsujimoto. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Chayka revolutionizing hockey by trading for Richard Panik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, Corvus said:

Also, the 2015 draft was sure odd, aside from the Eichel/McJesus stuff. How the hell do Boeser and Barzal go so late? And boston could have both of them. 

 

Why have Boeser and Barzal when you can have a few guys who will be ready to get that call up from Providence at the ripe young age of 26?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackhawks selectively leaking out that Corey Crawford has "vertigo-like" symptoms. No word yet on a date or location for the memorial service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, things must be bleak in Chicago if they're inquiring about Del Zotto, as per today's rumour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas are currently 2nd overall in the NHL.

 

Only a point away from Tampa Bay for 1st place. If they gain just a little more ground on them while continuing to do what they do, the Golden Knights will have a shot at the President's Trophy.

 

This june, there will be a Stanley Cup Parade on the Vegas Strip. Screencap this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't shake the feeling Vegas is getting bounced in either the first or second round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A team where guys are shooting ~30% and always win at home because the road team is drunk will get exposed in a best-of-seven? NAW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Vegas are currently 2nd overall in the NHL.

 

Only a point away from Tampa Bay for 1st place. If they gain just a little more ground on them while continuing to do what they do, the Golden Knights will have a shot at the President's Trophy.

 

This june, there will be a Stanley Cup Parade on the Vegas Strip. Screencap this.

I'll screencap it so that we can point and laugh when Vegas gets swept in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now