The New XFL

LeeTraylor

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6GYLlCW.jpg

Colin Kaepernick returns to professional football in California to lead the Destroyers franchise. San Diego's colors are gold, orange, and blue and their uniforms heavily feature gradients - everything from the helmet fading from gold to orange to the numeral on the chest. 

That Destroyers logo is beautiful, but it could use some cleaning up. The waves should lose some detail, and so should the explosions. I would focus on trying to shift the focus to the actual ship. The team isn't called the "waves" or the "explosions". But overall, simplify. For more on simplifying, ask mcrosby.

tinysig.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Destroyers is way way too detailed.  When shrunk down (such as on the helmet in the picture above), all the details blur together to become incomprehensible.  I think you can easily lose the water and the explosions.  If the explosions are important, then maybe change the angle of the ship to a 3/4 view from the front, where the guns are firing forward toward the front of the helmet.  Right now, the explosions remind me of Yosemite Sam firing his guns, or some other cartoon character who's so angry he's got steam shooting out of his ears.   I like the color scheme, though.  

You have all front-facing logos, which isn't really typical for football. You can, of course, establish your own precedent for this league, but it does make it stick out a bit.

rATMcmK.png

1 hour ago, MSO94 said:

Gradient on football helmet logo to me is a HUGE NO.

I think for this team it can work if it's subtle. When it's something like the Jaguars it sticks out like a stubbed toe. Since we don't get a good look at that helmet I can't see the full gradient layout.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Z7qt7bq.jpg

Up next is the St. Louis Archer. Like San Diego, the city of St. Louis recently lost an NFL franchise and therefore has a built-in football fanbase that no longer has a local professional team. The Archers helmet logo will be the arrowhead that you see bottom left of this graphic. 

CCT2k7O.jpg

The plan for St. Louis is to take up residence in the (formerly named) Edward Jones Dome, the former home of the Rams. At a capacity of 70,000, the Edwards Jones Dome is at the higher end of the spectrum as far as stadium size goes for the XFL. 

33 minutes ago, LeeTraylor said:

Z7qt7bq.jpg

Up next is the St. Louis Archer. Like San Diego, the city of St. Louis recently lost an NFL franchise and therefore has a built-in football fanbase that no longer has a local professional team. The Archers helmet logo will be the arrowhead that you see bottom left of this graphic. 

The helmet logo is great. I think it should be the primary. The one with the guy looks like he's sitting in a chair to me.

nfMBs9J.jpg

In my mind the arrowhead logo will be used for almost all Archers gear, but I thought I'd include Archer Man logo as part of the project. Thanks for pointing out that he looks like he's sitting in a chair - I somehow completely left off the arrows in his quiver in the first version. Updated it here. 

Archived