Seven NBA Teams To Wear Classic Uniforms Next Season

Seven NBA Teams To Wear Classic Uniforms Next Season

March 29, 2018 - 16:28 PM

The NBA will see seven teams adding throwback (or “classic”) uniforms to their set for the 2018-19 season. As we have seen this season, each team in the NBA has a set of four uniforms to choose from with a […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, R3G said:

Any chance Jazz get the mountains rather than the other throwbacks?

I hope not.

I'd like to see the 1979-80 version since we're nearing the 40th anniversary of the team in SLC.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

I hope not.

I'd like to see the 1979-80 version since we're nearing the 40th anniversary of the team in SLC.

Yeah, that makes the most sense to me. I wonder if we’ll get an anniversary logo to go with it as well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Pacers' continuous infatuation with the fictional Hickory High is pretty nauseating. 

Fans want the FloJos or the Old Navys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

I just want the nets to bring back the Drazen uniforms on court. Maybe in two years.....

Egad, no!  Even if you're not talking about the tie-die monstrosity, the wordmark was terrible.

There are two great signature looks in the Nets' history. We've already seen plenty of acknowledgement of the uniform style made famous not only by Dr. J but also by Darryl Dawkins, Albert King, and Buck Williams.

Now it's time to recognise their greatest design, the one in which they won two Conference championships with Jason Kidd (before we found out what a bad guy he is) and Kenyon Martin, and which was worn with such distinction by Vince Carter.

Related image

(Heads up, Kittles, on the no-look!)

This uniform, their longest-lasting, was beautiful -- the wordmark, the numbers, and especially the net pattern along the sides.  They need to break these out.

Maybe the nastiness of the two breakups with Kidd exerts a subtle pressure against acknowledging these uniforms.  Only the Nets could end up with such a toxic relationship with their greatest player (apart from Julius).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Pacers' continuous infatuation with the fictional Hickory High is pretty nauseating. 

Fans want the FloJos or the Old Navys. 

Not sure the level to which the promotion is running its course or not among fans, but I've seen more Hickory stuff around Indy since it was introduced than pretty much all other Pacers gear combined.

6fQjS3M.png

26 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Not sure the level to which the promotion is running its course or not among fans, but I've seen more Hickory stuff around Indy since it was introduced than pretty much all other Pacers gear combined.

Part of the reason for that is they don't sell FloJos. 

"We will sell the hell out of Option A and shy away from Options B, C, D, and E"

"Wow a lot of people wear Option A more than anything." 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

B)

Another tidbit not in the article...

See I don't hate the Hickory idea, but if the whole uniform was red jersey/red shorts with yellow applications I'd be ok with it

Here's my beef with the Hickory jerseys ...

1) It's fictional.

2) The jersey has 'Hickory' and not 'Indiana' or 'Pacers' on it.

3) It's designated as a throwback jersey.

#1 negates both #2 and #3.

Now, I wouldn't have problem if the jersey honored Indiana basketball with the same style and 'Indiana' on it. PLUS, them designating it as their city jersey instead of throwback. That way the FloJos can make a comeback. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The fact that the Jazz are on this list makes me so happy. We’re finally getting purple again! 

H44ydXe.gif

I had a feeling that, when it came time for the Utah Jazz's time for their Classic Edition™ jerseys, I could narrow down the options to three or four:

1. Classic Purple Note

2. Classic Green Note (probably my favorite Jazz jersey of all time)

3. Purple Mountain

4. The white counterpart to any of the above (though 1's and 2's are virtually indistinguishable)

Its been a long time coming. I'd love to see a 40th anniversary tie-in with classic purple note jerseys, though I believe that next year is only their 39th season in Utah.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived