Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

21 hours ago, Teal said:

Still doesn't affect what I just said. Lakers and Nike would have sold James jerseys in the current set like crazy and then the following year more unis sold.

Yes it does affect what you said. If the lakers planned a change a year or 2 in advanced, it would be for right now and they can’t back out of it. They’ve clearly put this into motion and thought it out. They were changing their uniforms whether or not they got Lebron.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, colortv said:

These would also be ideal IMO:

https://twitter.com/tbdaniel15/status/1016005882667307009/photo/1

DhmTWuiUYAA8hBs.jpg

DhmTXmrV4AAdaPt.jpg

DhmTYelVQAAjD15.jpg

Take away the drop shawdow (please leave it in the past, where it belongs) and have purple numbers with a gold outline on the white jersey and you’re set.

I’d be absolutely fine with that as our new uniform set. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

47 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

They were changing their uniforms whether or not they got Lebron.

Because Jim Buss got replaced by Magic.

Some tweets from the Senior Design Manager at Fanatics:

sCVud0T.png

rhc45ZR.png

Strangely low-key rollout by Nike for a redesign of the league's most famous brand. Also, does anybody else think it's weird that LeBron gear is already being sold/teased despite him not yet officially signing with the Lakers? The Lakers haven't even put out one of those "we intend to enter into a player contract with LeBron James upon the end of the moratorium on free agent signings" press releases, and I thought the NBA was pretty strict about these types of things. Oh well, as a lifelong Lakers fan I'm still excited to see the new uniforms either way.

56 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Yes it does affect what you said. If the lakers planned a change a year or 2 in advanced, it would be for right now and they can’t back out of it. They’ve clearly put this into motion and thought it out. They were changing their uniforms whether or not they got Lebron.

They knew they were getting LeBron. I have no time for these petty nitpicks, lets just enjoy the ride shall we...

Jaguars

39 minutes ago, Teal said:

They knew they were getting LeBron. I have no time for these petty nitpicks, lets just enjoy the ride shall we...

As a Laker fan I can tell you that once alone retired and the team

was full of young rookie players, who were going to usher in a new era.. I’m 1000% sure they were looking to redesign their uniform. I think it’s simply coincidence that Lebron is on the team. I didn’t think we had a realistic shot at him until I heard him say he’s making the decision based on his family. Adding in all the clues over the past year or so and it was just a simple 2+2. 

Thw Lakers redesign has to do more with a new era of Lakers basketball, rather than Lebron coming. I can guarantee that. 

7 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

ts_lbj18.jpg?itok=ia7YP1lv

The Lakers used this graphic in their official announcement of LeBron's signing. Wonder if they made him pose in the new uniform or if it's a photoshop of last season's jersey, since the gold still looks pretty yellow.

They're also using this photo of a jersey identical to the current one, so maybe these images will seem like anachronisms by next season.

br_lbj18.jpg?itok=kgC2eLtk

51 minutes ago, colortv said:

Solid waistband or striped?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ00Spd4rQ4daq4YHLRNz4

a5f8269c5b1e0c049f568bf3fcb92524--kobe-b

ox281257256856815188.jpg

Shaquille+O+Neal+Boston+Celtics+v+Los+An

7d4cd6c4abd9c4db8ad160f4f8145c27.jpg

I am not a fan of these jerseys. If you’re gonna do the throwback, gotta do it right and go all the way. This halfway new stuff just looks weird. Solid waist band is the way to go. 

22 minutes ago, d11king said:

I am not a fan of these jerseys. If you’re gonna do the throwback, gotta do it right and go all the way. This halfway new stuff just looks weird. Solid waist band is the way to go. 

basketball-nba-finals-los-angeles-lakers

wilt_chamberlain_1971_01_01.jpg

2 hours ago, bowld said:

That's from the city jersey which already had drop shadow. I imagine that's the one Jersey they don't change

They're changing it. Infact, all NBA teams are changing the City uniforms except for the Jazz who want to keep using the sunset look.

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, bowld said:

That's from the city jersey which already had drop shadow. I imagine that's the one Jersey they don't change

Apparently, somebody asked a Nike representative about the new jerseys and the rep said that they're inspired by the City Edition.

0BZNJm1.jpg

Could be the dropshadow on the numbers, even though the eBay jersey didn't really have dropshadowed numbers.

Archived