*NHA REDESIGN ROUND I VOTING!*

Brass

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per the original contest thread:

- You will design a home uniform, away uniform and main logo for your team.

Seems pretty clear.

if you say so.

the organizer, who i'm sure has looked over all of the entries and has probably been checking in here from time to time, hasn't said anything as of yet. until brass says something, all you people are doing is complaining.

I'll accept the logos for now, but let's just put it this way: in the next few rounds, you're not going to be as lucky....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Most of these votes are uniform-based ones. A lot of people didn't have the logo and wordmark apart from the jersey, which would have helped. I couldn't even tell what some of them were (Pittsburgh, for example).

1. Boise

2. Seattle

3. Portland

4. St. Louis

5. Los Angeles

6. Honolulu (but I love the Explorers logo)

7. Kansas City

8. Detroit

9. Chicago

10. Buffalo

11. Edmonton

12. Hartford

13. New York

14. Ottawa

Most of these votes are uniform-based ones. A lot of people didn't have the logo and wordmark apart from the jersey, which would have helped. I couldn't even tell what some of them were (Pittsburgh, for example).

I will say that myself and many others posted both uniforms and logos but all that was posted in this thread were uniforms.

Arizona

Austin

Portland

San Diego

Los Angeles

Honolulu

Montana

Rochester

Chicago

Buffalo

Atlanta

Delaware

New York

South Carolina

disappointed that hardly any of the concepts featured a stand alone logo, even if it was a stolen job.

- You have one week to design the package.

Technically brass didn't say that you had to design a logo, but he did say "You have one week to design the package." To me, a package is the entire set. Primary, secondary (if there are any) logos, wordmarks (if there are any), and uniforms. I guess to each person, the term "package" may not have the same meaning, so I don't know if there is a way to address that issue of someone not having an original or completely original logo.

I'm not saying that those who stole any logos should be disqualified, but I think that it is something that should be looked at; however, it would be an issue that could ruin the whole tournament, so perhaps not punishing someone would be best. Some people will not vote for a team in this contest because they stole or borrowed someone else's logo. I don't have a problem with people who will not vote for a concept that does not have an original logo, but I do have a problem with some teams getting essentially a free pass into the second round because their opponent was not completely original. I guess there is no way to around this issue, but it is just my two cents, and I wanted to throw that out there.

I didn't enter because of understanding of the stipulation that you had to do a logo from scratch.

No time (and no ability, really) to get it done.

And I probably would have dominated the rest of the uniform design part of the contest. (or not :) )

But the fact remains, there's plenty of us who would have entered had they been able to use someone else's logo.

And that's not to say I'm bleating about not being able to enter.

You work out pretty quickly that this is a place where copying other people's stuff is a no-no, and it's also tough on those who do design their won logo and end up cometeing against something a pro-designer has done for a minor league team (or similar)

I'm just saying those who did use existing logos and re-coloured shouldn't expect to win the comp, or even the first round as the rules clearly stated designing the whole package.

Had I put my hand up, my Devils package looked like this:

Delaware-Devils.gif

However, let's review.

The logo is from Rival Art

The font is Dark Crystal

The uniform design is a mix of the Ice Pilots body, with full length sleeves and the SunDogs striping, kindly put together by Jesse.

The colours were a mix of the supposed new and old colours of the team.

What have I actually contributed, and/or learnt from the process? Bugger all really.

But fingers crossed I win. Because that would be important.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

- You have one week to design the package.

Technically brass didn't say that you had to design a logo, but he did say "You have one week to design the package." To me, a package is the entire set. Primary, secondary (if there are any) logos, wordmarks (if there are any), and uniforms. I guess to each person, the term "package" may not have the same meaning, so I don't know if there is a way to address that issue of someone not having an original or completely original logo.

I'm not saying that those who stole any logos should be disqualified, but I think that it is something that should be looked at; however, it would be an issue that could ruin the whole tournament, so perhaps not punishing someone would be best. Some people will not vote for a team in this contest because they stole or borrowed someone else's logo. I don't have a problem with people who will not vote for a concept that does not have an original logo, but I do have a problem with some teams getting essentially a free pass into the second round because their opponent was not completely original. I guess there is no way to around this issue, but it is just my two cents, and I wanted to throw that out there.

I didn't enter because of understanding of the stipulation that you had to do a logo from scratch.

No time (and no ability, really) to get it done.

And I probably would have dominated the rest of the uniform design part of the contest. (or not :) )

But the fact remains, there's plenty of us who would have entered had they been able to use someone else's logo.

And that's not to say I'm bleating about not being able to enter.

You work out pretty quickly that this is a place where copying other people's stuff is a no-no, and it's also tough on those who do design their won logo and end up cometeing against something a pro-designer has done for a minor league team (or similar)

I'm just saying those who did use existing logos and re-coloured shouldn't expect to win the comp, or even the first round as the rules clearly stated designing the whole package.

Had I put my hand up, my Devils package looked like this:

Delaware-Devils.gif

However, let's review.

The logo is from Rival Art

The font is Dark Crystal

The uniform design is a mix of the Ice Pilots body, with full length sleeves and the SunDogs striping, kindly put together by Jesse.

The colours were a mix of the supposed new and old colours of the team.

What have I actually contributed, and/or learnt from the process? Bugger all really.

But fingers crossed I win. Because that would be important.

Should have made the jersey # 666. Also the white logo on the white jersey doesn't go very good.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived