"Thumbs Up To Thunder Unis"

rockngoalie1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a point that the uniforms are refreshingly uncluttered with extraneous logos, but that's because they only have one logo and it sucks balls. The colors and scripts are still awful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Being a Sonic fan I will always hate anything OKC does but their unis are especially horrible. The early leak of the Oklahoma Barons was a FAR superior name and uniform. But again, as a Sonic fan, I'm glad they didn't do the Barons thing as that would have hurt even worse to see them in a good uni with a good name. Now at least I can be happy that they have one of the worst looks/names in pro sports.

Barons.jpg

Considering what they have to work with, the home uniforms aren't that bad. The road uniforms, however, are atrocious. #1, I always mistake them for the Knicks when they wear their road uniforms & #2 Instead of having their script like this:

OKLAHOMA

CITY

They've got Oklahoma City bunched up on the top. That's just amazingly tacky. So yeah, I agree when it comes to the home uniforms. The road uniforms are terrible. The logo has been discussed too many times to expand on it anymore, so I'll just say it's BAD.

I've never liked the name "Thunder." Thunder is sound... Shouldn't they have been called the Lightning, or maybe even the Tornados? (The latter seems far more appropriate for OKC, while Lightning would make more sense in Seattle.)

I've never liked the name "Thunder." Thunder is sound... Shouldn't they have been called the Lightning, or maybe even the Tornados? (The latter seems far more appropriate for OKC, while Lightning would make more sense in Seattle.)

I like the Thunder. I think the best name in the league is "Bearcats." It just sounds like a down home highschool basketball team. When i hear Thunder, i think of like... a heard of Buffalo or Bison rolling through the plains of Oklahoma... i think thats what they were going for.

I think they need to condense the colors though. their road uniforms look like there is about 6 colors... the navy blue, black, orange, yellow, white, and turquoise blue. To be honest, i think they kind of threw the uniforms together last minute. I def would like to see the font be an old, western feel... kind of like that Barons Jersey posted up there.

Also, like someone else said... they definitely need to do the away jersey as:

Oklahoma

##

City

I think next year, or the year after, they will come out with a more refined uniform. I believe Golden State is coming out with a new uniform next year, and the NBA tends to have 2-4 teams come out with uniform mods at a time.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I think the best name in the league is "Bearcats." It just sounds like a down home highschool basketball team.

You mean "Charlotte Bobcats?" I just don't like the name "bobcat" very much. I'd have preferred "Lynx" or something.

I realize this shouldn't bug me, but these are the Thunder's colors:

OklahomaCityThunder_FRC_9999_SOL_SR.png

There's no Black.

I never realized just how close the Thunder's colors were to the original KC Wiz of the MLS, a team that never really has come up with a solid, stand out identity in its respective league and somewhat haphazardly decided on light (strong?) blue as its main identity. And the complaints about the Wizards' current wordmark/logo mimic the Thunder's in a lot of ways as well.

whoops... i meant Bobcats. But i don't know... it just reminds me of Hoosiers for some reason. I do like OKC's colors though. I think 5 colors on a uniform is a bit much. i would like to see maybe... Navy blue, white, yellow and red-orange as their away uniforms and maybe white, strong blue, yellow and red-orange for the homes. i think if they can balance the 4 of the 5 colors it would look a lot nicer.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I actually like the Thunder's home uniforms: clean and uncluttered. Their color scheme needs to be simplified (drop the navy and gold), and use a dark gray (call it "storm gray" or something like that), and the road uniforms need to be red-orange or storm gray, not sky blue (when there's not storms nor thunder). Oh yeah, and saying that their logo needs to be changed is a bit of an understatement.

Their main solution: Keep main home uniforms the same (with necessary color tweaks), "storm gray" roads, and red-orange alts. (or vise versa).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

My vote for the OKC team's name would have gone to "Oklahoma Wildcatters". It's different, a good fit (oil industry), flows nicely with just the state name (wider appeal), and would have worked with a wide palette of possible color combinations.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived