Viper

Say it ain't so, Joe

2,657 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Good! Those three DESERVED jail time. They didn't receive a great deal of time, considering what they put the whole state through, but it is jail time. The consolation that they won't be able to hold administrative positions again is some relief.

17 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

considering what they put the whole state through

I would say what they put Sandusky's victims through is more important.

9 people like this

Nah, football and state pride are more important, Mike.  

6 people like this

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

Nah, football and state pride are more important, Mike.  

That's a great line, but unfortunately it's not quite as satirical as I'd like it to be.  Sometimes life is its own parody. 

9 people like this

19 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I would say what they put Sandusky's victims through is more important.

Um..that would include the victims. When I said the entire state that means all citizens of the commonwealth...including victims. By these three not acting accordingly and in a timely matter they put more children (in the state) at risk, and there may have been more that just have not come forward due to time or that they have gotten on with their lives. 

No only that, by their actions they unearthed a more disturbing lack of due diligence in the state department of child services that needs to be addressed before more children (in the state) are put in harms way. Also, the tactics of the state police need to be addressed in handling such crimes and investigations (in the state) before there is another victim at the hands of someone like Sandusky. You see only the victims of Sandusky and the situations surrounding the events that these unfortunate kids had to go through and endure. I understand that from someone who has no ties to the state or the communities where this occurred. But as for someone, such as myself, who has deep ties, family, friends in the state AND the community where this took place, I see the victims of Sandusky and I can only hope they find some way to deal with the ordeal that they were subjected. But I also can see other victims in the future if certain state government functions are not addressed and fixed as to prevent this from ever happening again.

4 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Um..that would include the victims. When I said the entire state that means all citizens of the commonwealth...including victims. By these three not acting accordingly and in a timely matter they put more children (in the state) at risk, and there may have been more that just have not come forward due to time or that they have gotten on with their lives. 

No only that, by their actions they unearthed a more disturbing lack of due diligence in the state department of child services that needs to be addressed before more children (in the state) are put in harms way. Also, the tactics of the state police need to be addressed in handling such crimes and investigations (in the state) before there is another victim at the hands of someone like Sandusky. You see only the victims of Sandusky and the situations surrounding the events that these unfortunate kids had to go through and endure. I understand that from someone who has no ties to the state or the communities where this occurred. But as for someone, such as myself, who has deep ties, family, friends in the state AND the community where this took place, I see the victims of Sandusky and I can only hope they find some way to deal with the ordeal that they were subjected. But I also can see other victims in the future if certain state government functions are not addressed and fixed as to prevent this from ever happening again.

Your regular reminder that the current Penn State coach turned a blind eye to rape at Vanderbilt.

2 people like this

HBO (along with Sony Pictures TV) is producing a film based on the Sandusky crimes, with the network once again using the services of Al Pacino (as Joe Paterno) and Barry Levinson (director/executive producer) in the production.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/al-pacino-to-play-joe-paterno-in-jerry-sandusky-sex-scandal-movie-at-hbo/ar-BBC682m?OCID=ansmsnnews11

That could be interesting, so long as they don't whitewash Paterno's role.

2 people like this

54 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

i have a funny feeling they might whitewash Paterno's role.  

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i have a funny feeling they might whitewash Paterno's role.  

or at least more sympathetic (thinking the "system" would work it out). 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Not knowing anything about who's making this movie, it could go one of several ways.  They could over-state Paterno's role, too.  I'd argue Paterno gets more of the attention than he should, given all the people that were in the know and turning their heads.  He gets the most print because, obviously, he's the big name.  I guess the counter to that argument is that he "WAS" the University and actually had the power to do something (or even stop others from doing something)? I've always thought of him as just another denier protecting the school/team good name.  Therefore, I'm not that worried that they'll understate his role...to do that I feel like they'd have to make pretty blantant statement that he had no clue...and I don't think his most ardent supporters would buy that.

1 person likes this

I have a strong feeling he dies at the end.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

you dont say.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

lets go old school, mind of an autistic child.

I should have put this in my earlier post, but I wonder who they could get to play Jerry Sandusky?  Jeff Daniels is the first name that comes to mind...similar build, and even somewhat in the face as well.

jeff-daniels-explains-why-steve-jobs-wasap_jerry-sandusky_ap-photo-wi-640x427.jp

13 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

I should have put this in my earlier post, but I wonder who they could get to play Jerry Sandusky?  Jeff Daniels is the first name that comes to mind...similar build, and even somewhat in the face as well.

jeff-daniels-explains-why-steve-jobs-wasap_jerry-sandusky_ap-photo-wi-640x427.jp

i will always remember Jeff Daniels as him (Joshua Chamberlain)

Image result for jeff daniels gettysburg

very underrated film (wish they would have done the last one)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Full_Measure_(novel)

1 person likes this

In a shocking heel turn, Craig T. Nelson will play Sandusky.

(not really)