Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, football and state pride are more important, Mike.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I would say what they put Sandusky's victims through is more important.

Um..that would include the victims. When I said the entire state that means all citizens of the commonwealth...including victims. By these three not acting accordingly and in a timely matter they put more children (in the state) at risk, and there may have been more that just have not come forward due to time or that they have gotten on with their lives. 

No only that, by their actions they unearthed a more disturbing lack of due diligence in the state department of child services that needs to be addressed before more children (in the state) are put in harms way. Also, the tactics of the state police need to be addressed in handling such crimes and investigations (in the state) before there is another victim at the hands of someone like Sandusky. You see only the victims of Sandusky and the situations surrounding the events that these unfortunate kids had to go through and endure. I understand that from someone who has no ties to the state or the communities where this occurred. But as for someone, such as myself, who has deep ties, family, friends in the state AND the community where this took place, I see the victims of Sandusky and I can only hope they find some way to deal with the ordeal that they were subjected. But I also can see other victims in the future if certain state government functions are not addressed and fixed as to prevent this from ever happening again.

4 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Um..that would include the victims. When I said the entire state that means all citizens of the commonwealth...including victims. By these three not acting accordingly and in a timely matter they put more children (in the state) at risk, and there may have been more that just have not come forward due to time or that they have gotten on with their lives. 

No only that, by their actions they unearthed a more disturbing lack of due diligence in the state department of child services that needs to be addressed before more children (in the state) are put in harms way. Also, the tactics of the state police need to be addressed in handling such crimes and investigations (in the state) before there is another victim at the hands of someone like Sandusky. You see only the victims of Sandusky and the situations surrounding the events that these unfortunate kids had to go through and endure. I understand that from someone who has no ties to the state or the communities where this occurred. But as for someone, such as myself, who has deep ties, family, friends in the state AND the community where this took place, I see the victims of Sandusky and I can only hope they find some way to deal with the ordeal that they were subjected. But I also can see other victims in the future if certain state government functions are not addressed and fixed as to prevent this from ever happening again.

Your regular reminder that the current Penn State coach turned a blind eye to rape at Vanderbilt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

HBO (along with Sony Pictures TV) is producing a film based on the Sandusky crimes, with the network once again using the services of Al Pacino (as Joe Paterno) and Barry Levinson (director/executive producer) in the production.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/al-pacino-to-play-joe-paterno-in-jerry-sandusky-sex-scandal-movie-at-hbo/ar-BBC682m?OCID=ansmsnnews11

59 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i have a funny feeling they might whitewash Paterno's role.  

or at least more sympathetic (thinking the "system" would work it out). 

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That could be interesting, so long as they don't whitewash Paterno's role.

Not knowing anything about who's making this movie, it could go one of several ways.  They could over-state Paterno's role, too.  I'd argue Paterno gets more of the attention than he should, given all the people that were in the know and turning their heads.  He gets the most print because, obviously, he's the big name.  I guess the counter to that argument is that he "WAS" the University and actually had the power to do something (or even stop others from doing something)? I've always thought of him as just another denier protecting the school/team good name.  Therefore, I'm not that worried that they'll understate his role...to do that I feel like they'd have to make pretty blantant statement that he had no clue...and I don't think his most ardent supporters would buy that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I should have put this in my earlier post, but I wonder who they could get to play Jerry Sandusky?  Jeff Daniels is the first name that comes to mind...similar build, and even somewhat in the face as well.

jeff-daniels-explains-why-steve-jobs-wasap_jerry-sandusky_ap-photo-wi-640x427.jp

13 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

I should have put this in my earlier post, but I wonder who they could get to play Jerry Sandusky?  Jeff Daniels is the first name that comes to mind...similar build, and even somewhat in the face as well.

jeff-daniels-explains-why-steve-jobs-wasap_jerry-sandusky_ap-photo-wi-640x427.jp

i will always remember Jeff Daniels as him (Joshua Chamberlain)

Image result for jeff daniels gettysburg

very underrated film (wish they would have done the last one)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Full_Measure_(novel)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff Daniels should play Jerry Sandusky but as he's raping a kid he lists statistics about why America is declining: The Newsshower

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived