Hornets, state announce agreement to keep team in N.O. thru 2024

B-Rich

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really came out of nowhere. When you consider how protracted these things have been with other teams, Benson didn't take long to buy the team at all. He really picked the team up quickly. You might even say he's the quicker picker-upper.

tz5c.jpg

Well done, sir.

Slam magazines twitter just posted a story saying the hornets owner wants to change their name and logo

I could see that happen, a new owner with a fresh start, kind of forget the mess that happened. Maybe now the Hornets name goes back to Charlotte.

baltimoreravens.png

I think the Hornets have a pretty good identity with the Fleur De Bee that separates them from their Charlotte days.

Its the Bobcats who have an identity crisis and the Jazz with a name that makes no sense.

I would be for a name change with the Jazz, but I think the Hornets name is fine as is by in large.

I think the Hornets have a pretty good identity with the Fleur De Bee that separates them from their Charlotte days.

Its the Bobcats who have an identity crisis and the Jazz with a name that makes no sense.

I would be for a name change with the Jazz, but I think the Hornets name is fine as is by in large.

STOP

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If anyone has been here longer than a day and suggests this, they should be kicked in the nether region by a camel.

If anyone has been here longer than a day and suggests this, they should be kicked in the nether region by a camel.

Or you can ignore it and move on. I know its tough, but try.

Maybe we would if the topic wasn't all littered with the same junk.

I'm not so sure you even read his post. He's not saying the Hornets should trade names with Utah or Charlotte. Just because a post involves the Hornets, Jazz, and Bobcats doesn't mean that it's the same old three-way move thing. Which, by the way, would be stupid.

You're asking the wrong guy. He doesn't let anything go. Anything. You can try to get him to, but you won't succeed. He has an answer back for the slightest, most harmless comment. Everything is personal.

Also, I don't think the Bobcats are having an identity crisis. They might suck as a team, but I don't see anything wrong with their actual identity. It seems pretty solidified, especially for only being around less than 10 years. What's their identity crisis?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Also, I don't think the Bobcats are having an identity crisis. They might suck as a team, but I don't see anything wrong with their actual identity. It seems pretty solidified, especially for only being around less than 10 years. What's their identity crisis?

Because the owner named the team after himself which I can't see sitting too well with anyone outside of Bob Johnson. Fans don't pay to see owners and I'm not sure if its ever been really accepted.

If they were better it might be better accepted, but I don't think the Bobcats have been a very popular team since coming into the league and their name I think has been part of it. I wouldn't suggest they go back to being called the Hornets though, even if they had the option to.

I don't get the apoplexy over Bobcats. Bobcats seem like they'd hang around the Carolinas. Better than that youth-soccer "Flight" everyone seems to like, which doesn't even make sense because the Outer Banks aren't close to Charlotte at all really. Owners have had personal input on their team names since forever. It's never bothered me. I'd be more upset about the fact that there were seriously like 3,000 people at the game against the Pistons the other night.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not so sure you even read his post. He's not saying the Hornets should trade names with Utah or Charlotte. Just because a post involves the Hornets, Jazz, and Bobcats doesn't mean that it's the same old three-way move thing. Which, by the way, would be stupid.

You're asking the wrong guy. He doesn't let anything go. Anything. You can try to get him to, but you won't succeed. He has an answer back for the slightest, most harmless comment. Everything is personal.

I did read his post. It appears as the "Hornets should have a name change with the Jazz", and I'm not the only one who read it as such. And don't put the fact that your posts usually draw contradiction from most every member here, on me. It's not me taking things personally. Maybe it's you.. Of course, you do live in the oppressive land that is Maryland, so... I guess you're really a victim, huh?

The Jazz can keep the name. While its a dumb name for a team from Utah, their history in Utah is now far longer than their history here.

Hell, I bet Benson would call them the New Orleans Brees to insure that Drew signs a new deal.

Basically what they need to do is get the public to think of it as theor team, like how the Saints are. A rebrand will help. To many, the Hornets are still Charlotte's team. The logos really embraced here are the fleur de bee and NOLA horn. Both could easily be cornerstones for a new identity. Signing EG long term would help as well.

Archived