Possible new logo set for Arkansas Razorbacks...?

RoughRiders99

I am excited to see what improvements they make. It's a good logo, but I think if Arksasas wants to compete in the SEC, they need to have a more powerful logo. While I hope the logo isn't a downright modern mess,I hope it is appeasing to the eye and can easily identify Arkansas.

Hmmm I would disagree 1000000%. The logo determines how successful the entire athletics program will be? And Arkansas already has a "powerful" logo that's easily identifiable with the school. No other school has a logo like it.

Yes, team identity usually plays a major part in the reflection of how well an Athletic Program is. It's not the most important, but defenitely up there in terms of importance.

This seems like a "fixing what's not broken" situation. The only gripe I've had with Arkansas' logo set is that I want them to choose whether they want to use the versions of the logo with black trim or the versions without the black trim. It was especially noticeable in their last set where the helmets used the traditional red and white only version, while the jerseys had the black trimmed version.

19W1XiS.jpg

I don't think the helmets have ever used the black-trimmed version, have they?
Only on the gray helmets they worse last season.

N3H10Fl.jpg

If athletic prowess was determined by logo, Florida State or LSU would never win a football game.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If athletic prowess was determined by logo, Florida State or LSU would never win a football game.

Florida State's logo is one of the most historical logos in sports and is easily identifiable? LSU's trademark are their colors, which is part of their logo.

Florida State's logo is one of the most historical logos in sports and is easily identifiable? LSU's trademark are their colors, which is part of their logo.

Easily identifiable does not equal good.

Speaking of dated logos, South Carolina, Florida, and Kentucky are other SEC schools that could stand to improve their logos.

I am excited to see what improvements they make. It's a good logo, but I think if Arksasas wants to compete in the SEC, they need to have a more powerful logo. While I hope the logo isn't a downright modern mess,I hope it is appeasing to the eye and can easily identify Arkansas.

To be fair, I think this is the best time for them to make the change. Arkansas hasn't been relevant since Ryan Mallett was the QB. Speaking of which, how did that guy never make it in the NFL? Patriots drafting him really killed his future. Surprised no team has made an offer for him.

We aren't changing our primary logo. No one in our AD would be dumb enough to mess with that one. They would be run right out of town.

They are only adding a secondary logo it seems while standardizing the font and jersey color across all sports.

I hope they at least make some tweaks to the running hog logo. It's been done before, so I don't think it's out of the question.

Arkansas isn't changing the primary logo like I said previously. It will always be the running hog. Someday they might freshen it up again like they did in 2001 but it will never be scrapped for something new.

We're going to get some front facing Hog logo like UGA did when they did this same thing and it will be used to sell more merchandise. It won't be slapped on the side of our primary football helmets.

Arkansas isn't changing the primary logo like I said previously. It will always be the running hog. Someday they might freshen it up again like they did in 2001 but it will never be scrapped for something new.

We're going to get some front facing Hog logo like UGA did when they did this same thing and it will be used to sell more merchandise. It won't be slapped on the side of our primary football helmets.

That's what I was getting at. This would be a good time for another refresh. At the very least, they need to get rid of the black.

Hmmm I would disagree 1000000%. The logo determines how successful the entire athletics program will be? And Arkansas already has a "powerful" logo that's easily identifiable with the school. No other school has a logo like it.

Yes, team identity usually plays a major part in the reflection of how well an Athletic Program is. It's not the most important, but defenitely up there in terms of importance.

Arkansas has one of the best identities in college sports. The running hog.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...

Has this not been posted yet?

BlYcXKzCIAMN5q9.jpg

I posted it in the college football thread the other day before this was bumped.

The hat where that screen shot was taken from was pulled off the Razorback store yesterday so it most likely is the new secondary logo.

Hakuna Matata!

• 2 months later...

Obviously most people would have seen this by now, but just to post.

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/

I think they've hit this one out the park, some people may not like the front facing logo but I think it works.

The typography on this is spot on, such a clean look and makes the uniforms really nice!

Did you not look in the College Football 2014 Season thread or this thread this link had already been posted?

spacer.png

Obviously most people would have seen this by now, but just to post.

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/

I think they've hit this one out the park, some people may not like the front facing logo but I think it works.

The typography on this is spot on, such a clean look and makes the uniforms really nice!

Did you not look in the College Football 2014 Season thread or this thread this link had already been posted?

As always, individual threads are separate from megathreads.

Archived