We luckily got a point today against Hull...

From a City point of view, Jelavic limped out of the warm up and is currently on crutches, Michael Dawson's knee is (in the words of Steve Bruce) 'the size of a basketball', and Steven Harper's bicep muscle has separated from the bone meaning we're down to fielding our third choice 'keeper.

The medical staff are going to be busy.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southampton just decimates Sunderland 8-0, while City wins against Spurs 4-1.*

still not first, so none of these are actually worth something.

Aguero scoring all four goals for Man City today...

</forgetting to read>

If Spurs can just stop hacking at players then we might just stop giving th stupid penalties away.

Soldado needs to go. Only two goals from open play in 31 league appearances. The other four from penalties. Sore point as he missed one today. Just not good enough return from the money we paid for him. Pochettino has a massive amount of work on his hands but what makes it worse is the fact his old club Southampton sold off most of thier best players and are sitting high up the league with a good result today.

glory10.png

What surprises me about the whole Serbia-Albania situation is that the two nations aren't kept apart by FIFA/UEFA in qualification groups. If the likes of Spain and Gibraltar are purposefully kept separate due to politics, then why aren't two nations where there exist such clear problems?

You'd have to keep all of them apart though. Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Serbia. You can't really do that.

6fQjS3M.png

What surprises me about the whole Serbia-Albania situation is that the two nations aren't kept apart by FIFA/UEFA in qualification groups. If the likes of Spain and Gibraltar are purposefully kept separate due to politics, then why aren't two nations where there exist such clear problems?

You'd have to keep all of them apart though. Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Serbia. You can't really do that.

Aren't there enough groups to do that?

Yes and no.

It looks kind of silly if you're keeping five or six countries apart from each other. What happens when all five of them get second place?

Plus if you can't play nice with an eighth of the membership, should you really even be playing?

6fQjS3M.png

If Spurs can just stop hacking at players then we might just stop giving th stupid penalties away.

Soldado needs to go. Only two goals from open play in 31 league appearances. The other four from penalties. Sore point as he missed one today. Just not good enough return from the money we paid for him. Pochettino has a massive amount of work on his hands but what makes it worse is the fact his old club Southampton sold off most of thier best players and are sitting high up the league with a good result today.

Spurs need a striker badly. Soldado is a bust....there's no salvaging that purchase anymore. And Adebayor isn't nearly consistent enough. They should have grabbed one in the summer. I'm hoping there will be someone serviceable come January that we can bring in. They won't have to do much to outperform Roberto or Ade.

gYH2mW9.png

Yes and no.

It looks kind of silly if you're keeping five or six countries apart from each other. What happens when all five of them get second place?

Plus if you can't play nice with an eighth of the membership, should you really even be playing?

I have no problem with permanently banning Serbia from international play because their fanbase consists solely of racist arseholes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes and no.

I have no problem with permanently banning Serbia from international play because their fanbase consists solely of racist arseholes.

Know every single one personally do you for such a sweeping statement that encompasses the whole of a fanbase. It is a small minority that ruin it for a majority and then everyone thinks it's a whole fanbase.

glory10.png

Yes and no.

Know every single one personally do you for such a sweeping statement that encompasses the whole of a fanbase. It is a small minority that ruin it for a majority and then everyone thinks it's a whole fanbase.
1. We're less than a generation removed from fairly widespread attempts on the part of Serbs to wage genocide upon several of their neighbors.

2. If there is any apparent sorrow on the part of the Serbs about point 1, its that they failed to achieve their goals.

3. Pretty much everytime you look, you see the Serb fans practicing some form of racial/ethnic intimidation.

I'll stick by my point.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Glad to see the Everton game tomorrow played at 1pm EST tomorrow, instead of it's usual time a closer to 3, which means I won't be on the bus travelling home for the entire game and I'll actually be able to watch it in it's entirety.

Yes and no.

1. We're less than a generation removed from fairly widespread attempts on the part of Serbs to wage genocide upon several of their neighbors.

2. If there is any apparent sorrow on the part of the Serbs about point 1, its that they failed to achieve their goals.

3. Pretty much everytime you look, you see the Serb fans practicing some form of racial/ethnic intimidation.

I'll stick by my point.

You can stick by your point and I will stick to mine and you are wrong to accuse every person in Serbia who attends a football match to be a racist as you are doing. You are pigeonholing everyone to be the same and thats not true. You accusing everyone from a region to be all classed the same is unjust and utterly wrong because of a minority might be.

glory10.png

I really don't think its a minority of Serbs...

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived