All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Coach Prime is going to hype his son Shedeur up as a first round pick.
  3. Ok, that makes more sense. I can see what you mean by the yellow and white stripe being pointless (white-on-bone especially so), but I would absolutely want that blue stripe on the bone pants. I just can't stand stripeless pants.
  4. I'm hearing now that he had an opportunity to transfer to Alabama and make a lot in NIL money, but chose to stay loyal to Toledo and the coaches that gave him his opportunity. On one hand, that's very noble. Gotta respect loyalty. But on the other hand, is there a little element of fear there? Loyalty be damned, if you have the opportunity to make a lot of money - and that opportunity could vanish at any time with a single injury - you take it, unless you're either from a wealthy family or maybe you're a little scared of jumping into the bigger pond. Or I'm over thinking it, and he's just a good kid and there's nothing more to it.
  5. If the goal for every team is to develop the Forever Look that makes you known instantly, you tweak and change it until it's achieved. The throwback did when it came out, but the modern version falls victim to template issues. Some teams got it on attempt 1 (Raiders, Packers, Chiefs). The Blue Jays and Padres got theirs by modernizing an old look. The 49ers and Bills did similar. It's even ok to go backward and admit, we had it and messed up a rebrand like we saw with the Bucs. I never stated it as a law or as gospel. I can state that a throwback is decent and uses pictures for why. I have my design principles like everyone on this board has their own and it's what the forum is for. To discuss them and say I like A, I don't like B. I don't like the "Just promote the throwback" argument because there are issues with some teams translating it to today or a lack of uniformity in stripes, etc. That was all I said.
  6. So do you guys agree with what Mike Florio says about defensive head coaches in that if the OC that they hire becomes a head coach, that team is most likely to hire a new OC who may have a new system that stunts a young QB's growth? He also says that having an offensive head coach is better for a young QB because they will have the same system in place even if the OC leaves for somewhere else, so because of that he thinks that Nix and McCarthy will do really well.
  7. The yellow and white stripe on them are pointless and nearly unnoticeable. Plain bone pants or even using a singular wide blue stripe would improve the look. When the Rams use the above combination, it reminds me of being a throwback like these-
  8. Brings up a good point on attempting to reduce injuries as they’re happening too fast.
  9. You like the bone pants, but you'd like to see them without stripes . . . ?
  10. Unfortunately, UA appears to have only one shade of purple for all of the uniforms it provides to schools and teams. They're a summer collegiate team. It's ridiculous to expect perfection at that level. Personally, I admire the uniforms. Oh, and they do not appear to be blue. It's more of a dark purple or violet.
  11. Not to sound like a broken record, but to me, the reason it is a travesty is because I truly believe that the old ram helmet and horns was iconic. Maybe I'm wrong on that... IDK. I wasn't into uniform aesthetics back in 2000, but what were reactions like when the Rams went from the blue/yellow to navy/gold? At the time, I was 14 and thought the new golds were awesome (and I still think that first few years looked great with the gold pants until they started doing all navy BS). But now I wonder if my current self would have been up in arms that they moved away from their traditional look.
  12. The only thing the Packers need to do is get rid of the white space on the away jersey’s striping pattern.
  13. The last thing this league needs in term of aesthetic is yet another red & black team
  14. "Sure, McDonalds could keep selling burgers and fries. Our customers love it and it's what we're associated with. But how would we make McDonalds a more advanced brand if we didn't change it up and start selling Brazilian-Japanese fusion?"
  15. All due respect, but that's a lazy-ass argument. Where is it written that a brand/look has to "advance?" You're basically just saying "I want things my way." And that's fine, we all do it, but stop presenting it like it's the law of uniform design. It's your opinion. No more, no less. Just like everyone else here. Who determines what's "decent" and what's good? You?
  16. Agree with all of this. I’m hopeful this change is what happens after this season too. A tone down, not a redo. I’m actually okay with the use of bone pants, but only if they lose the stripes and only gets worn with the blue jersey (which won’t happen and we know it).
  17. That's sad about Embiid's condition, but also, he was at Draymond levels of dirty play last night and absolutely got top-ten superstar treatment in not getting tossed.
  18. I like 'em. Know what else would help? TV numbers on the shoulders
  19. That's the joy of opinions. Mine are that the yellow needs to be toned down, and the fruit rollups need to be peeled off of the numbers. I think the horn was change for the sake of change, but I'm not convinced it's any better or worse than the previous versions.
  20. I think you have a point, other than Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers, who's going to be available that moves the needle? Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel might be able to move up in the draft with their stats, but Gabriel will have to deal with some tougher defenses in the Big Ten this year and Ward is at Miami which brings its own challenges. Cade Klubnick could come out, but I don't think that he's any better than what quarterbacks are still available in this year's draft. Will Howard has the chance to do something at Ohio State, but he might not even be the starter in August unless Chip Kelly decides to go with age before talent. DJ might help Florida State win a lague title and a playoff game, but he's more likely yo be playing in the UFL or CFL than he is in the NFL.
  21. It was instantly improved with the addition and promotion of the white jersey.
  22. I see your GB-CHI and raise you LV-KC
  23. The proportions of the sleeve swoop in this picture aren't too dissimilar to the proportions on the modern jersey imo. Maybe lose the TV number and thicken it a little bit, but other than that, I'd love to see the Rams bring back this look (also fix the helmet color, of course). The fact is that the Rams have never had a perfect look and likely never will. And everyone has their own opoinion on what "perfect" would be.
  24. I even love the gradient and segmentation in the numbers! My only issue with the Rams set is the bone and a little too bright yellow. But honestly it only bothers me in a few photos, so most of the time, the yellow works. It’s not quite the travesty that people make it out to be.
  25. Today
  26. You forgot Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Mitchell was playing against two NFL receivers and another who will be. Also, the QB throwing to them that day was some kid named C.J. Stroud.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.