All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The colors alone help me know this isn't D.C. Any of those teams not in the NFL seem to choose red, white and blue for their colors, except for the Washington Spirit who should have kept those colors.
  3. I'd swap the sleeve colors. At the moment it looks more like the shirt for a Marvel superhero instead of a hockey sweater.
  4. Alright, back to the Buffalo Bills' least favorite division, the NFC East! The AFC South was all concepts last time, so we're gonna start off with a real one today. Commanders: As I've noted before, the 1930s experienced arguably the biggest boom in experimentation of the football jersey, for good and for bad. The era set the modern standard for the football uniform, but also whatever the the hell Boston (pre-relocation) was wearing. The original version featured a native american head logo on the chest. Because I wanted to follow modern NFL numbering rules and in general wanted to avoid the whole controversy in general, that was replaced with yellow front numbers to match the back numbers. Otherwise, this jersey is a faithful representation of one of the team's 1933 jerseys, featuring two yellow and black sleeve stripes with mismatching socks stripes (two yellow stripes). I'll never understand what teams were going for with the helmet design other than it feels a lot like when people new to concepts just use the fill tool to color different panels on a jersey, but it is what it is and it stays. Giants: The Giants are known for their simple blue uniforms these days, but early on they had no real idea what they wanted to look like. This jersey is an anachronistic take on the team's 1929-1930 jerseys. Those jerseys were entirely blue on the front with a white back and circular brown leather patches on the sides of the torso. However, I decided that by making the front white and leaving the shoulders and sides blue, the look could take on a pretty solid away jersey. The brown side panels remain alongside brown pants and a faux leather helmet. And to top it all off, the socks are red with a white and blue triple stripe, because cohesion just wasn't a thing anyone seemed to care about back in the day. Cowboys: If the 1930s were a time of experimentation, the 1920s were a time of trying to actually figure out what the hell a uniform was in the first place. One of the less common, but certainly prevalent designs was the horizontal half and half jersey. These jerseys looked exactly like they sounded, the top half was one color (usually white) and the bottom half was a different color. Luckily, the modern jersey actually works pretty well to incorporate that design style while not looking at all out of place. I've demonstrated this idea on the cowboys. Here, the top of of the jersey is silver, covering the sleeves, shoulder yoke, and collar, while the bottom half is navy blue. It also wasn't uncommon for jerseys of the time to include superfluous stripes as well, so I added a white stripe between the two halves. Because this was an early 20s design, both the helmet and pants are a faux leather brown. Eagles: The Philadelphia Eagles are one of the oldest teams having existed almost since the league's founding... Almost. That decade period before the Eagles were officially founded gave me the opportunity to do a concept for the Eagles. During the earliest days of the league, teams sometimes went the hockey route and slapped a logo on the chest. One of those teams was the Columbus Panhandlers, who wore a keystone on their chest. This design seemed like the perfect fit for a team actually from the keystone state (the panhandlers were a team of rail workers working on the panhandle railroad owned by a Pennsylvania rail company, so it actually makes sense). I also had to bring back the Eagles' iconic original color scheme by depicting a light blue keystone on a yellow jersey. Within the keystone, the front number is depicted in white, and the back number is depicted in blue. While the original keystone logo was small, I needed to increase its size in order to fit a number on the front as well (similar to the packers' circle jersey). Small, numerous sleeve and sock stripes were also common during the era, so the sleeves and socks both feature blue stripes on a yellow background. Finally, the pants are a darker faux leather brown paired with a yellow helmet.
  5. ***But not people from or who have lived for any length of time in DC.
  6. Apparently SHR’s entire business is for sale https://sportsnaut.com/michael-mcdowell-announces-front-row-departure-as-nascar-silly-season-begins/
  7. Today
  8. If Trackhouse and Kaulig merge, then there is no extra charter - they'd have the 1, 99, 16, and 31.
  9. Yeah, it’s not a name I’m clamoring for myself, but I do think it posseses a lot of branding potential if done right. If a name like “Kraken” can work with the help of excellent branding, then I think “Yetis” can as well. Plus, I really trust Doubleday & Cartwright to do an excellent job with whatever name they ultimately work with. They’re a very solid agency.
  10. Hey, thanks! I've been following your series (haven't had the chance to really sit down and write out C+C for it yet, so get ready for a single post about 10 teams at some point, haha) and I've definitely like what I've seen so far (particularly the Ravens throwback), and am definitely excited to see where you go with the remaining teams. I actually didn't go with the sideways C for a few reasons. First, I honestly have never liked any of the C-horseshoe concepts I've seen in the past. To me it comes across like adding extra meaning to a logo that doesn't need it while also ignoring that the U arrangement has its own historical meaning with superstition and luck. The second reason is that kind of easter egg style of design wasn't at all prevalent during that time period. The popular style of art during the earliest years of the NFL wasn't remotely what it was today; team logos were much closer to lithographs and heraldic crests than anything we think of as modern logos. Teams were more likely to be depicted like this: And where teams did have more simplified logos, they tended to be really simple about it. Logos with hidden features or meaning within a meaning really didn't become prevalent until corporate design started taking over during the 1960s and 1970s. That's where you start to see the boom of teams like the Colt 45s, the Whalers, the Flames, etc. start to incorporate those elements a lot more. So going with a C-style horseshoe felt too anachronistic to me.
  11. I honestly don’t know what I’ll vote for Outlaws I like. Mammoths is growing on me as well as Yetis. And I’m not sure I entirely hate Fury haha.
  12. raysox could i get a template to start designing
  13. Yetis is a perfectly fine nickname. Is it my first choice? No, but so many of y'all have your panties in a wad over it.
  14. Birmingham looks like it’ll have a full-looking crowd so long as the camera faces the home side of the stadium. 16k may have been an underestimation at this rate.
  15. I’m so freaking happy we have a purple and green team. So wonderfully 90s. But there’s too much black on the unis! Replace it with purple and it’s a winner. The helmet rules. Also a lot of people - especially on the East Coast - think Washington means DC. They should have been the Evergreen State Wolfpack IMO.
  16. The other new Arena League is expected to start play next month. Originally it was supposed to start Memorial Day weekend. Fooser (https://dribbble.com/RyanFoose)did all of the league logos. Ozarks Lunkers (Springfield, MO) So far these are the only jerseys I've seen. Kansas City Goats (Kansas City, MO) Duluth (MN) Harbor Monsters Iowa Woo, (Waterloo, IA). The Iowa Woo have both Rick Flair logos and what looks like Jimmy Buffet fan logos. A 9 week season with a bye for each of the teams included. Rule changes from traditional arena football (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arena_League The Arena League's rules aim to highlight the player's athleticism and increase the pace of play. The field will be traditional arena football size, measuring 50 yards long and 85 feet wide enclosed by padded walls. Teams will have 15-player rosters with the game being played with six offensive players against six defensive players. The league will follow a one-platoon system with offensive and defensive players playing both sides of the ball. There are no restrictions on defense. The play clock is reduced to 20 seconds (the teaser video did not mention whether this will be measured from the spotting of the ball, as in the Canadian Football League, or the end of the previous play). No offensive huddles are allowed unless a timeout is called. As is the case with traditional six-man football as played at the high school level, all offensive players are eligible receivers with three players initially lined up in an offensive line position. The quarterback cannot run the ball past the line of scrimmage. All players and coaches will communicate with helmet communication systems that fans will be able to listen to in real time. Kickoffs will be replaced with a quarterback throwoff, with an onside conversion option (akin to that seen in Fan Controlled Football and Alliance of American Football) available. All forms of kicking the ball are prohibited, including punts and field goals.[12] There will only be one on-field official to mark and set the ball and make penalty announcements. There will be sky judges watching live video feeds to decide penalties in real time.[13] Coaches and fans will have access to the referee interactions. After each game, fans can give feedback on the referees performance.
  17. look at the replies..... the fans hate them -
  18. For the Texans I’d rather the opposite.
  19. So apparently, the San Antonio Gunslingers were able to negotiate with the NAL on their out, which was something West Texas did not do. Jacksonville left the NAL for the IFL without penalty, because they had been in the NAL for more than three years (which is the maximum number of years a team has to commit to the NAL).
  20. Especially when "obsolete" means, "That new stadium has more expensive seats than I do, so I need more of those".
  21. As for the Tigers actual City Connect, adding just the slightest bit of orange would have done wonders for it, I think.
  22. It's honestly flabbergasting to me how quickly these stadiums become 'obsolete'.
  23. There was a city council meeting or something about Ryan Smiths plans for downtown (arena renovation etc). And the rep from SEG said the bracket would release today for Utahns. Didn’t say when but I’d expect it at some point.
  24. I’ve tried to find information on when and where the bracket is releasing, but haven’t found it anywhere. Could you please share where you found that info?
  25. I never thought of that. But you're right, it would have been about the same. And the Texans wouldn't have needed the navy helmet except for Color Rush.
  26. Of the bunch, Blizzard and Yetis are the best ones, and that's not good.
  27. Based on comments in posts, it's probably going to be Blizzard with a Yeti mascot or Yeti with Blizzard as the mascot's name ...
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.