All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A whole lot of people in this very thread have said exactly that about Tampa Bay's CCs...
  3. Just reiterating... They plan to return. To what though
  4. It was better than a lot of the oldheads give it credit for, beyond a doubt. I still prefer the “post-Jordan dark night of the soul” era that was dominated by the Lakers and Spurs.
  5. The era of Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and LeBron James was overall a good one, though.
  6. We just have to hope Drake’s public image turns so bad that even the Raptors don’t want to associate with him. I think we’re still a ways away from that, but we’re closer than we’ve ever been.
  7. The Field of Expansion is wide open should the NBA want to expand beyond 32. There doesn't seem to be any teams right now that would relocate. The Thunder are getting a new publicly funded arena and the Grizzlies are getting major renovations to their current arena. Maybe the Pelicans? But even then, the arena isn't in too bad of a shape to where they are in desperate need of a new arena. The Spurs are looking for a new arena, but I don't know if that's going to be publicly funded.
  8. Yeah, it seems like the genesis of this was "hey, remember how the Celtics took their four or five Hartford games away when the new Garden opened? That sucked." And I'm sure it did, but Hartford essentially got a top-flight NCAA program--men's and women's--to more than fill the gap. If there's no hope for the Whalers, then there's less than zero for the Fightin' Fents of Springfield Mass.
  9. Say it in an Italian accent and it sounds like food
  10. Not blown away by the execution, but hope this trend continues. I'd love to see contemporary interpretations of classic, albeit sorta generic logos.
  11. I think you're being generous. I feel like this whole thing has been a pretty big failure. A years long version of that week of late season NCAA basketball when Nike outfits a handful of teams in unis that generally suck and certainly unnecessary. Some new wrinkles on teams identities (even with the nicknames/alt identities) would've been exciting, but recognizable. Sure a team here and there would probably do something pretty out there, but would get roasted and that'd be that. I think a good measure of success would be seeing a few of these getting the "they should make those the primary!" debate going. I can't think of one coming close.
  12. If they do, these cities would have a better chance than Hartford IMO: Kansas City Louisville Mexico City Nashville Pittsburgh St. Louis San Diego Vancouver
  13. People lament the stifling, non-marketing-friendly nature of hockey culture and how you're not really allowed to show people up on the ice and own them online and so on. It just doesn't seem to make sense. But it turns out there are good reasons for a lot of things we do that don't make sense, and in this case, it's that hockey is the cruelest and most fickle of mistresses, and the speed and severity at which your good luck can go bad can make you look, in a way that I truly believe is unique among pro sports, like the biggest bleeding gaping ass of all time. And that's where the meme team is at these days.
  14. "Utahyeti" sounds like some Jersey English corruption of an Italian word. Gabagool! Marrone!
  15. I think these teams should be trying to establish their own identity and to not look like a copycat of another team in their city. The Aces decision was disappointing because it shows that their owner values them less than the other team he owns, and even if the Raiders are a clearly bigger brand, that's still not a good look in context to the WNBA and Aces IMO. I understand that others teams like the Mercury, Sparks, and Mystics are based off of their parent NBA teams, but newer teams shouldn't have to be going that direction. I know the WNBA isn't on that high-tier level of other professional sports leagues yet, but it would help from a branding standpoint for their teams to go their own route. Unfortunately though, if an owner has control over two different teams, he/she gets to decide so there really isn't much that can be done there.
  16. Sigh....James Dolan is going to be a Stanley Cup winning owner isn't he?
  17. I think that works a lot better for the home and road, but now I miss the rounded wordmark on the alternate lol
  18. That split Saints set is probably my favorite from this whole series. I'm also a big fan of the Bucs set.
  19. These, with the current helmet, would’ve sufficed.
  20. Even if the NBA decided to expand beyond 32 (and I somehow doubt that they will) Hartford and Springfield would not be anywhere on the list.
  21. If the Celtics ever want to move their G-League team from Maine, they could consider Hartford.
  22. Today
  23. Y'all know Long John Neck Silver is gonna try to take credit for that, right?
  24. The White Sox, Astros, Marlins, Nationals, Rockies (with white pants, and Rays were the best of the City Connect program IMO. The Mets, Angels, DBacks, Royals were good, not great. The rest all suck.
  25. Is it too early for the "remember 1994" chants??
  26. I'm not even going to address that "logo"... ...But did these people not learn from the last New England sports team to build a stadium "smack-dab between" two cities? If not for the Patriots having been to 6000 Super Bowls, I don't even know how well-attended those games would be! Now sure, Patriot Place is undergoing (or was, as of the last time I was there a year or two ago) a lot of renovation, adding stores and some shopping. But it's still on a back route between Providence and Boston, with (as far as I know) next to no public transportation access, and...and these people wanna build an arena between Hartford and Springfield?? I-91 is already enough of a death trap as it is as soon as you cross the Mass state line! (And it really ain't much better closer to/through Hartford). That's just gonna be even more of a traffic hell than it already is. Unless they plan (pie in the sky as that is) on building out by Bradley somewhere, I see no way in which the logistics of such an endeavour would even begin to work out...
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.