All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This should absolutely be the Rays primary logo going forward. The current TB primary logo is weak and lacks any character or resonance at all. SkyRay is the perfect way to represent the Tampa Bay region and the Rays all in one phenomenal hat logo.
  3. As I recall, Houston PD used it for their cars
  4. I don’t think Arlington Heights happens either. How does Virginia McCaskey finance this without public money? How long does she even have left at 100 years old? The estate tax upon her death may force a sale of the franchise. And that’s when things could get really interesting. I too like that we’re seeing more public pushback to financing billionaires money machines. In particular Kansas City spurning the Royals who tried to use the Chiefs championship dynasty to partner up and both get new facilities. Good on you KC for telling them to :censored: off.
  5. How is this Houston's color before the Oilers? I'm not challenging, I'm just asking.
  6. I don’t think the Texans HTown Blue uniform will look anything like the Titans now or in the past. The usage of red will stand out more then HTown Blue, in particular on the helmet. While there is a light blue H, the pitch blue helmet shell with metallic red flakes reminds me of the Jags old teal flaked helmet, which I really liked. The red glow of this dark blue helmet should look really interesting in proper lighting.
  7. I was speaking spectator. Offensively, you go 'station to station'. Defensively, there's no screens to escape. Believe me, when there's a crash of bodies under the boards for a rebound, it isn't easy to know who is supposed to get credit for the rebound (speaking as a part-time statistician for a D-1 program).
  8. Exactly. As I’ve posted before below, I have no issue with the Titans embracing the Oilers history. But it’s clear Amy Adams Strunk was attempting lord over the use of a color that was tied to Houston long before her father founded the Oilers. I have never seen a case where one franchise was allowed to dictate how another franchise could use a specific color that had history in that market far beyond sports as to what happened with the Texans HTown Blue Alternate uniform. That is the issue I have with this topic. It was totally about that one specific color no matter how anyone tries to spin it.
  9. The Titans should still be called the Tennessee Oilers btw
  10. The great irony surrounding this Titans-Texans situation is that when the Texans incorporate the "H-Town Blue" into their color scheme, they end up looking a lot more like the Titans than the Oilers. It completes this weird cycle of teams feeling like their identity is being infringed on by somebody else. Amy Adams Strunk defending her family's IP from organizations brazenly trying to steal it is not equivalent to throwing a fit either. I don't think that the University of Houston literally just trying to appropriate a uniform that has nothing to do with them shouldn't be viewed as some great moment of justice either, but rather a bush league move for a mid level program trying to create impressions online. It's like Warren said, create your own identity, and I honestly think that the new Texans uniforms do a pretty decent job of that outside of the H-Town Blue costumes.
  11. It is weird that it felt like the Aces tried to move away from the Silver Stars look when they moved to Vegas, and now they're going back. The gold and red vibed with the Golden Knights and playing card suits. But now that the Raiders are in town it does make some sense. Downgrade for sure.
  12. Marketing teams fault. These people love to trademark something that does not belong to them.
  13. Today
  14. The city of Houston had that color blue before the oilers existed. The oilers used it. The oilers LEFT and took it with them. The Texans are using the color for their city. I don't know why people don't understand this.
  15. So this is going to end up being the Bears at Arlington Heights. Interesting. I am liking the pushback the public (and even local and state officials) are against publicly funded stadiums, although Tennessee, Buffalo and Oklahoma City didn't get that memo. I think the Jaguars have something this month about renovations to their stadium that needs public voting or government assistance.
  16. I'm not sure a thicker outline would have been enough, especially with that font. They should have made the whole number (and wordmark) the gradient.
  17. Baseball's the only sport(imo) that you could argue that they dont even need numbers on the jersey. Of course, they're here to stay. As they should be. But you can get away without them.
  18. The 2015 Browns uniform is my all time favorite NFL uniform design. Specially when paired with orange pants the look it created was absolutely perfect for a modern NFL uniform.
  19. @Seadragon76 That would be a cool realignment on paper. Now I'm curious on how the scheduling format would be during the regular season to assure at least each team face each other in a rotational but well-balanced basis. If I was one of the top heads of the newly-reorganized league, it would be 16 games: * have 10 games within division foes (home and away); * and the other 6 games against 2 teams from other 3 divisions each, with each pair of teams rotate for a home and road standpoint during a 6-year span: i.e.: Arizona: Years 1 & 2: Duke City & Frisco; Dakota & Fishers; Albany & Columbus Years 3 & 4: Nashville & New Orleans; Green Bay & Iowa; Georgia & Jacksonville Years 5 & 6: San Antonio & Tulsa; Quad City & Sioux Falls; Massachusetts & Orlando The non-divisonal pairings for the rotational ones would be complex, even from a hypothetical standpoint. But it's the closest I could pull off. Thoughts?
  20. Heh... It feels like I'm saying "sorry" four times a year to you, @maxwasson. Well, except for February. Also, in adding the new Clippers logo (and then realizing the new stuff isn't until next year, I switched everything from white to red. Lemme know it you prefer the white.
  21. Ah. I thought we were speaking from a spectator point of view. Knowing which guy of various size and appearance who's wearing a tank top and shorts seemed easiest for keeping track of who's who.
  22. Not yet, but it will be on the St Pete City Council agenda this month. https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-petersburg/2024/04/09/st-petersburg-city-council-sets-rays-stadium-discussion-may/?outputType=amp
  23. I've never seen a misdirection play in baseball.
  24. I would think the crown would go to basketball.
  25. Part of the reason this gets so heated is Houstonians still HATE Bud Adams and his daughter had carried on that legacy. So it digs up lots of old feelings on the exit of the Oilers and the loss of that history.
  26. During a game broadcast the numbers will disappear when the players are running. Fortunately baseball is easier to track without numbers than other sports.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.