Chris Hovan's jersey in today's Skins-Bucs game

DGivens87

I'm looking for pics of it, but did anyone catch a glimpse of Bucs DT Chris Hovan? For a crude description, it goes a little something like this:

The armholes, as is becoming the unfortunate norm nowadays in the NFL, were waaay too wide, where you could see the undershirt under his armpits.

The worst, however, was that the very edges of his shoulder pads were sticking out, which made his jersey look like a cut-off sleeved jersey. If I can find pics, I'll post them....

did anyone see this? How does he NOT get fined for it? I thought the NFL was strict about this ish...

how does the NFL not get their panties in a twist over stuff like that when they fine guys $5,000-10,000 for wearing their socks too low?

Actually, a better question is how do you fine Clinton Portis $20,000 and Sean Taylor $5,000 for wearing the wrong color socks in a proper manner (the socks were not rolled down to their ankles or anything), but not fine Hovan for wearing a distorted/altered uniform.

Look, I've got no tolerance for either. The team/league member pays the player money; one of the concessions you are making is that you wear the uniform the team/league supplies to you (it's part of what you are getting paid for).

But if Portis' fine (for repeated violations) was $20,000 and Taylor's was $5,000 (for his first violation), Hovan needs to be kicking over at least $5,000 for wearing this.

That should be an equipment violation. In HS and NCAA, you can't participate in a snap if your shoulder pads are exposed, as it is very hazardous. A finger could get caught in there, or worse. Maybe the NFL doesn't have that rule, but shoulder pads regularly get yanked out of jerseys, and you usually see everyone rush to the player's aid and tuck them back in. True, nobody wants pads flapping around when they're playing, but I thought it was a rule too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I could care less. Fashion police be :censored: They lost so now he can get a new one or whatever. I love the sport morethan the clothes and think that the rules are retarded for the most part. The owners run it htough so whatever.

Looks like more and more they're moving to Aussie Rules type jerseys. Of course those guys don't wear pads either.

0,1658,5022988,00.jpg

Good point.

Looks like one of ours.

If he was serious he'd get rid of the pads and wouldn't need the part over his shoulders, where it doesn't cover the pads any way.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Based on a recent photo I saw in Sports Illustrated, the rule should be something like;

"Even with a players arms elevated over his head, if at anytime his armpit hair is visible, the sleeves are too short and the player's jersey does not conform to league specifications and the player will not be allowed back onto the field until a properly sleeved jersey is worn."

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That just looks stupid, like something out of NFL Street. His team lost, so I'll penalize him with time served, but make him wear sleeves all of next season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If Tampa Bay's uniforms had TV numbers on the sleeves, like the Redskins do, he'd either have to wear a proper jersey, or have the numbers tattooed on his arms...watch for this "vest" trend to sweep the NFL trenches next season! :puke:

hovantank.jpg

That looks trashy as hell. The NFL really should step in.

Looks like all he did was tuck the cap sleeves under the jersey and pull out the side pads of his shoulder pads. He's wearing a cap sleeve jersey, which is the tightest jersey you can get, and Impact shoulder pads, which are the thinnest pads on the market. I don't see why he would need to expose parts of his shoulder pads. It can help restriction out that much.

Archived