Reversed bengals helmet

lucky34

The Bengals have never worn a black helmet at any time in their history.  Bengal tigers are orange with black stripes, so a black helmet with orange stripes would be nonsensical and probably fairly ugly, not unlike a bowling ball with varicose veins.

Ick.... maybe as an alternate, but keep their jerseys black. Orange is such a great accent color and such a terrible primary color.

Besides, their black jerseys don't feature orange tiger stripes. They have orange stripes with the black pattern on them, so it's not like they are backwards from a real bengal tiger.

The thing about the Black jersey and pants is that it looks like the players have the bengal skin showing from what would be a normal black jersey.  If they went orange, I would love to see the stripes all over the place.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, my eyes.  Kinda cool looking - like a car wreck or an episode of Jerry Springer, you can't help but stare at it. :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Here's my quick version of the helmet - my first attempt at a picture being posted so you can see.

http://www.geocities.com/alckmoj....5566533

I hope it works.  It did - I'll clean it up later.  enjoy!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That helmet would defeat the purpose of the name Bengals

Yes, it certainly would.  I've never seen a black tiger with orange stripes, but then again I've also never seen a jaguar with a teal tongue (although I had a friend whose dad owned a teal Jaguar) and I've never seen rams with sparkly gold horns.  Nonetheless, I don't see any appeal to the helmet at all.

i have a bad feeling that this helmet is going to used with the orange alts. the bengals thought about wearing at the beggining of the season. the season isnt over yet, so i wouldnt be shocked if a black-orange-black combo made its way onto the field.

over 1/4 of the teams in the NFL wear either a black or navy colored helmet as is.

Another 6 wear silver helmets, and another 5 wear white helmets.

That leaves just 12 teams wearing a "different color" (3 Reds, 2 Oranges, 2 Medium-Shade Blues, 2 Golds, 1 Green, 1 Purple, 1 Yellow)

Heck, that means the Eagles, Vikings, and Packers have the most unique helmets in the NFL!

Escape the black/navy/silver/white repetition! GET CREATIVE!!!

Archived