Team 3: New York Rangers Concept

DawgPacPBH

Team 1: Dallas Stars

Team 2: Tampa Bay Lightning

just changing things around for the sake of changing things around.

The concept itself is pretty good, in fact I like it a lot. Its just the comment that you made that bothers me a little. You did make it look better, your comment just makes me feel like you didn't really think things out. But good modernization though.

BTW looks like Oilers alternate font, with Maple Leafs nameplate? Stick with one font.

Team 1: Dallas Stars

Team 2: Tampa Bay Lightning

just changing things around for the sake of changing things around.

The concept itself is pretty good, in fact I like it a lot. Its just the comment that you made that bothers me a little. You did make it look better, your comment just makes me feel like you didn't really think things out. But good modernization though.

BTW looks like Oilers alternate font, with Maple Leafs nameplate? Stick with one font.

I can see what you mean with my comment, but it was more like I wanted to do a concept for them, and thought it out, but normally I would NEVER touch the Rangers.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

i can't really tell but are the letter used in NEW YORK shadowed? If so, I would do the same to the numbers on the back to give the jersey a sense of continuity. The numbers looks a little unfinished the way they are right now and some shadowing would make it look really sharp i think/

Needs some stripes on the leggings, but other than that, this is pretty swell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would keep "Rangers" on the home uni, but I think that having New York on the road is a nice touch. I wish that when it is allowed to bring back 3rd jerseys, the club would bring back the lady liberty design. I always thought that those are cool and unique. Might even look good as a patch.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

A solid uniform. Little things here or there could improve it though. Add drop shadow to the player's name and numbers, maybe tinker with the striping a little. The one thing that has to go is that patch of blue below the collar on the back of the away uniform. I know some teams have done something to make that RBK logo stand out more (Panthers come to mind and it looks bad, as it does here IMO.), but that does not make it look good or right. Ditch that patch of blue and the back will look less cluttered and more aesthetically pleasing.

Nice work as a whole though. I look forward to more.

• 2 weeks later...

as a die hard, season ticket holder, new york ranger fan i have a few c&cs for you.

first off, the blue is wrong. its too dark. to me too many teams in the NHL use that color, or very similar blue, to the one you used in the home jersey (columbus, edmonton, florida just to name a few). the brighter blue that they currently use is different and stands out, especially on tv and live.

secondly, home jersey should be rangers diagonally. we already know we are in NY, no need to rehash it.

thirdly, love the New York spelled out on the away but again you need to change the blue to the brighter one. also there is too much red and not enough blue. red is just an accent color to the rangers and their logo. again, the ranger colors are suppossed to be those of the American Flag for simple reasons that the Rangers are considered the Premier American Hockey Franchise (with detroit a very close second) and also partly because they stole the colors from the New York Americans which existed first.

finally, please try and incoorporate the sheild logo. maybe a shoulder patch.

now take my colors criticsm with a grain of salt because this monitor sucks and the gamma might be off. if someone can post the offical team colors that would help.

another poster mentioned the liberty logo. please PLEASE DO NOT USE THAT LOGO. that logo was created off of the design of Mike Richters mask. Richter is retired. Silver serves no purpose in the color scheme. and with a team called the liberty playing in the same building its a little disheartening lol. also dont use the futuristic sheild that was on the 3rd either, that things horrendous.

i love the old school feel of the jerseys you made. there is one thing i wish the rangers would look into for a third. the original jerseys had RANGERS arched across the player number. i think that would look really good in the vain of how Dallas does it now. maybe use the darker blue and red in that jersey as the third.

either way, this is great work and look forward to more in your series.

I do like the idea you are getting at, but for some really odd reason, your white one screamed "COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS!!!! AHHH!!" to me. Yes, it was that loud. Don't get me wrong at all, its great work and I think a modernization like this for NYR is perfect for them, but for a really odd reason all I see is Columbus there. I dunno maybe i'll figure out why later. Perhaps its the shade of the blue and red and the plain red shorts. IDK

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Not bad. In fact, I kinda like it. The one drawback is that it has to be on the EDGE template, although that's no fault of yours.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived