2009 World Series logo?

scarsofthumper

OperationSports.com posted new MLB 2K9 for XBOX360 screenshots today and I noticed this one:

1234523975-media.jpeg

Could this be the 09 WS logo? Or is it just a 2K Sports creation? It looks like MLB just because they have the fall colored MLB logo and leaf like last years, but I dunno. What are your opinions?

2IA3b.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Rockies/White Sox World Series would cause me and one of my best friends to not speak to each other for about a month. And that'd just suck.

For now, I'm tentatively in favor of the logo, though it reminds me a lot of last year's. And there's something about that "W" that seems very off to me...

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I like it. It's simple and classy.

I don't, however, like that we lost to the :censored: Red Sox again :cursing:

This is a serious question here, do you Angels fan's hold a bitter grudge against losing to the Sox ever since '86? Or has it softened once the Angels finally captured a WS Title? Or do the west coasters just have a general distaste for the Bosox?

Whatever the correct answer is, I must say I feel an extra sense of joy whenever Boston beats the Angels in playoff series, more so than any other team (well, except the Yankees).

OperationSports.com posted new MLB 2K9 for XBOX360 screenshots today and I noticed this one:

1234523975-media.jpeg

Could this be the 09 WS logo? Or is it just a 2K Sports creation? It looks like MLB just because they have the fall colored MLB logo and leaf like last years, but I dunno. What are your opinions?

Allrighty! The White Sox are going to win the World Series!

Sure stinks that the Brewers won't be making the playoffs though...

bYhYmxh.png

1234523975-media.jpeg

Allrighty! The White Sox are going to win the World Series!

Sure stinks that the Brewers won't be making the playoffs though...

White Sox winning the series...seems the Obama/Daley fix is in.

I like it. It's simple and classy.

I don't, however, like that we lost to the :censored: Red Sox again :cursing:

This is a serious question here, do you Angels fan's hold a bitter grudge against losing to the Sox ever since '86? Or has it softened once the Angels finally captured a WS Title? Or do the west coasters just have a general distaste for the Bosox?

Whatever the correct answer is, I must say I feel an extra sense of joy whenever Boston beats the Angels in playoff series, more so than any other team (well, except the Yankees).

It has nothing to do with '86. The ghosts of playoff choking went away with the '02 Series. The reason Angel fans or at least this one, has a dislike for the Red Sox, is well two-fold. First, I think the rest of the country hates the need for ESPN and Fox for televising every other game a Red Sox or Yankee game. The rest of the country doesn't care. Secondly, I dislike the Red Sox as far as an Angel fan goes, because for whatever reason they have the Angels' number like the Angels' have the Yankees' number.

That's an interesting simulated playoffs. All 4 '90s expansion teams are in, oh really?

Imagine if it was February of 2008 and I told you the Rays would go to the World Series and the Phillies would be the champs...

That being said.....ANYTHING can happen....

That's an interesting simulated playoffs. All 4 '90s expansion teams are in, oh really?

Imagine if it was February of 2008 and I told you the Rays would go to the World Series and the Phillies would be the champs...

That being said.....ANYTHING can happen....

That's more plausible than a Orioles/Royals/Mariners vs. Nationals/Pirates/Padres for the 09 World Series.

There also wasn't an NL East Champion...

...at least that's the mistake made by the game :P .

The Marlins couldn't be the wild card if the Rockies and D'Backs were in...

Actually, the seeds are by regular-season record...Which is why my #3 wild-card Brewers played the #2 seed Phillies (eventual champs) and the #4 seed Dodgers played the #1 seed Cubs...

bYhYmxh.png

There also wasn't an NL East Champion...

...at least that's the mistake made by the game :P .

The Marlins couldn't be the wild card if the Rockies and D'Backs were in...

Actually, the seeds are by regular-season record...Which is why my #3 wild-card Brewers played the #2 seed Phillies (eventual champs) and the #4 seed Dodgers played the #1 seed Cubs...

The seeds aren't by regular season record. But the team with the best record ('08: Cubs) couldn't play the wild card ('08: Brewers) because they were in the same divison. That's why the Phillies (#2 seed in '08) played the Brewers while the Cubs played the Dodgers (#3 seed in '08). Had the Dodgers played the Brewers in the NLCS, LA would've gotten home-field advantage even though they had a worse record.

In the MLB 2k9 screenshot, Colorado probably won the west and Arizona the wild card, but they couldn't meet in the 1st round, so it became Colorado-Florida.

Archived