GoJetsGo's Challenge 2

gojetsgo

OK... so I had this giant epiphany.... that's right, epiphany! I'll say, I'm so freakin excited about this one I couldn't hold it in until after the voting for my first challenge ended...

Make a logo and uniform for a city coupled with a classic video game!

Examples you may use:

Florida Frogger

Atlanta Asteroids

Montreal Mega-Man (or Mega-Men)

Pittsburgh Pac-Man (or Pac-men)

Or, as usual, make up one of your own!

You will be judged on Design, Originality, and how well you embrace the retro video game craze.

To clarify, for the purposes of this contest, "Classic" video game is defined as anything before the 3D era (ie. up to and including Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo - but NOT playstation or N64).

Up to two (2) entries per person.

Contest ends Wednesday, June 30th at 7PM E.S.T.

As before, I will make my own concepts but I won't enter them for voting.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be joining in on this one as well... time to bust out the old Genesis game bin...

BTW, is this limited to any particular sport, or is the field open to all sports?

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

BTW, is this limited to any particular sport, or is the field open to all sports?

Open to all sports.

No Chicago Crofts?? damn, that could have been fun! haha

Sorry pcgd, want to keep this a classic video game contest. But there were some sexy video game chicks in classic gaming....like....errr....Princess.

I'll be joining in on this one as well... time to bust out the old Genesis game bin...

How about the Seattle Sonics? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Allow me to introduce my preliminary entries, the Winnipeg Warios!

Note: I know it's just a quickly thrown together Rafale concept, but it will be improving over the course of the contest.

WinnipegWarios-Home.gif

WinnipegWarios-Road.gif

EDIT THE FIRST: Name me one other jersey that has a moustache like THIS one.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Heres my Entry...........The game: Golden Axe Why Golden axe? because me and my friend dan when i was younger we would play that game forever, and we had a whole bunch of differant inside jokes witht he characters an the game (actually Golden Axe II)

The City: Guthrie, OK Why Guthrie? Because Guthrie was the first official state captial of Oklahoma, and well I didn't like the sound of Georgia Golden Axe, and I woulda gone with Golden, Colorado but thats just a worn out joke..... anyways enough of my mindless rambling........

GuthrieGoldenAxe2.gif

spacer.png

Since everybody is coming forward "Calling" their team, I'll do the saem, but maybe you can help me with the city...

I'm calling : JUMP BUG!

But still need a town name...

Anybody can find a city with the initials JB?

or what's the largest city you could think of that starts with "J"?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I got the Milwaukee Milipede.

And I got the illest idea for a helmet.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I started out doing one based on my favorite 2-D game--and still may do it--but along the way I got side tracked and did this one instead. Presenting the Portland Pong

Pongj.jpg

I present the Portland Pong alternates (this is the hockey version of Pong--I liked this one)

Pong_hoockey.jpg

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

(duplicate thread)

If time permits I will unveil the second of the 2 designs the rules permit us--

The Boston Berserk...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm still in the process of working mine out... but I'm calling Altered Beast and/or Streets of Rage as my games of choice.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Awesome, Eriq... VERY cool concept.. i love the breaking through the stripes.. brilliant!

Their AAA team could be the dig-dug, and have tunnels through the stripes!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived