MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

It's nine combinations, but if you include the two different cap options then it's some kind of number of combinations that scientists are still trying to figure out.

Damn! I forgot to account for the caps.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nine combinations, but if you include the two different cap options then it's some kind of number of combinations that scientists are still trying to figure out.

There would be 18 combinations taking into account caps, shirt, pants and it goes to 36 if you include the two different coloured stirrups

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

There would be 18 combinations taking into account caps, shirt, pants and it goes to 36 if you include the two different coloured stirrups

My head hurts.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

My head hurts.

It's not all that difficult.

cqg410060eqn71.gif

My head hurts.

cqg410060eqn71.gif

All joking aside, it isnt difficult

Caps * Jersey * pants * stirrups=combos

Works for anything like that as well.

To see it worked out, ill simplify it.

One Jersey, Two pants

1*1=2

Two jersey, one pants

2*1=2

One Jersey, two pants

1*2=2

Two jersey, two pants

2*2=4 ([Jersey, Pants] AA,AB,BA,BB

Two Caps, Two jerseys, two pants

2*2*2=8 [Caps, Jersey, Pants] AAA, AAB, ABA, ABB, BAA, BAB, BBA, BBB

And it does continue

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

My head hurts.

cqg410060eqn71.gif

One Jersey, Two pants

1*1=2

Two jersey, one pants

2*1=2

One Jersey, two pants

1*2=2

Two jersey, two pants

And it does continue

1381523610_eli.jpg

My head hurts.

cqg410060eqn71.gif

One Jersey, Two pants

1*1=2

Two jersey, one pants

2*1=2

One Jersey, two pants

1*2=2

Two jersey, two pants

And it does continue

Yeah, I was just kidding around, and you're exactly right (except for the 1 * 1 = 2 part :P ).

Since they had 3 jerseys, 3 pants, 2 caps, and 2 stirrups, simply multiplying those four numbers together yields the number of possible combinations, as you stated earlier:

3 x 3 x 2 x 2 = 36 (about 34 too many, in other words)

The Pirates were the original Oregon State. At least there's no vomit inducing camo though...

I think a certain Charlie O. would like to speak to you from the grave.

al_1973_oakland.gif

At least there's only one hat/pair of socks! Also I'm pretty sure one of those yellow unis were only practice unis. But you could say they're the grandfather.

My head hurts.

cqg410060eqn71.gif

One Jersey, Two pants

1*1=2

Two jersey, one pants

2*1=2

One Jersey, two pants

1*2=2

Two jersey, two pants

And it does continue

Yeah, I was just kidding around, and you're exactly right (except for the 1 * 1 = 2 part :P ).

Since they had 3 jerseys, 3 pants, 2 caps, and 2 stirrups, simply multiplying those four numbers together yields the number of possible combinations, as you stated earlier:

3 x 3 x 2 x 2 = 36 (about 34 too many, in other words)

I actually know this. I have children in 5th and 7th grade, so I have already had a fairly recent refresher on all of it.

The Pirates were the original Oregon State. At least there's no vomit inducing camo though...

al_1973_oakland.gif

At least there's only one hat/pair of socks! Also I'm pretty sure one of those yellow unis were only practice unis. But you could say they're the grandfather.

From the beginning of that set in 1972, the A's used the yellow and green pants very very infrequently. (Though Vida Blue did make one high-profile appearance wearing yellow-over-yellow in the 1975 All-Star Game.) Like the Indians, Orioles, and Phillies, the A's abandoned their dark pants after only a few outings; the team eventually used only the white pants, and so wound up with three uniforms.

The A's never even experimented with green-over-yellow or yellow-over-green, which would have been the equivalent of the the Pirates' unsightly black-over-yellow and yellow-over-black combinations. Unlike the embarassing garb sported by the Pirates, the A's uniforms actually looked sharp and dignified.

I'd say that the A's were the only team wearing pullover and/or beltless uniforms who ever looked really beautiful. While the 1977-1984 Pirates represent an all-time low in uniforms, the Pirates' attractive 1971-1976 set merits an honourable mention on the beauty list. And I bestow a near-miss on the White Sox' 1976-1981 uni (which, I think, had belted pants). That set would have been good had the collars gone completely around the shirt, and had it not included the blue-over-blue option.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

al_1973_oakland.gif

From the beginning of that set in 1972, the A's used the yellow and green pants very very infrequently. (Though Vida Blue did make one high-profile appearance wearing yellow-over-yellow in the 1975 All-Star Game.) Like the Indians, Orioles, and Phillies, the A's abandoned their dark pants after only a few outings; the team eventually used only the white pants, and so wound up with three uniforms.

The A's never even experimented with green-over-yellow or yellow-over-green, which would have been the equivalent of the the Pirates' unsightly black-over-yellow and yellow-over-black combinations. Unlike the embarassing garb sported by the Pirates, the A's uniforms actually looked sharp and dignified.

I'd say that the A's were the only team wearing pullover and/or beltless uniforms who ever looked really beautiful . Blah blah blah

:therock:

pMLB2-6781426dt.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

al_1973_oakland.gif

I'd say that the A's were the only team wearing pullover and/or beltless uniforms who ever looked really beautiful .

Blah blah blah

therock:

pMLB2-6781426dt.jpg

That wordmark and overall design scheme were great. But the uniform got much better when they corrected it to button-down/belt.

41CiljC7JdL.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

al_1973_oakland.gif

I'd say that the A's were the only team wearing pullover and/or beltless uniforms who ever looked really beautiful . Blah blah blah

:therock:

pMLB2-6781426dt.jpg

Somebody please tell me those 6" wide sleeve stripes aren't correct.

al_1973_oakland.gif

I'd say that the A's were the only team wearing pullover and/or beltless uniforms who ever looked really beautiful. While the 1977-1984 Pirates represent an all-time low in uniforms, the Pirates' attractive 1971-1976 set merits an honourable mention on the beauty list. And I bestow a near-miss on the White Sox' 1976-1981 uni (which, I think, had belted pants). That set would have been good had the collars gone completely around the shirt, and had it not included the blue-over-blue option.

Like all discussions on this board, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The 70s were definitely a decade of pushing the limits on uniform style, teams like the Padres, Indians, and Astros, tried new looks as well. In fact, the 1975 Astros did receive criticism for the unique look they came up with. As always, how a team performs does reflect on how a uniform is perceived. The 1977-1984 Pirates were usually contenders, and had a number of memorable players. The Oregon reference is interesting, but I would note the Ducks have yet to capture the ultimate prize in their sport.

Archived