3. Earnhardt Jr.

4. Gordon

5. Logano

6. Kenseth

7. Keselowski

8. Kurt Busch

9. Truex Jr.

10. Newman

In all honesty, I was pulling for Larson, I was pulling for Erik Jones, I was pulling for Truex Jr. They all had good cars tonight but someway or somehow, Larson will get that win. I was impressed with Erik Jones tonight, this kid has a future in Sprint Cup. Next up, Charlotte for the All Star Race & NASCAR's Endurance race, the Coca-Cola 600.

baltimoreravens.png

I was in the infield for the All-Star Race - not the most exciting as far as actual racing goes, but when you're in the infield, it's hard to have a bad time.

Plus, I found a Denny Hamlin New Era hat that I've been looking for for years. I make no claim that my hat purchase affected the outcome, but it's the first NASCAR race I've ever attended that my favorite driver won (by virtue of growing up a Ricky Rudd and Kenny Wallace fan in the 90s..), so I was pretty excited!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

We are five days away for NASCAR's marathon,the Coca-Cola 600.

I ask you this,who will be the underdog?Who will get knocked out early?Who will be "Where did he come from?".And who is going to win after 600 miles of hard racing?

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I like watching races in their entirety since I like knowing what happened all throughout but I'm not sure I can watch 600 miles of what we've seen this season in one sitting. This rules package has produced some pretty terrible racing.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yea,racing this season has been total bulls--t.The past few years have been good,but with the new rules package and the "no testing" policy looks like they are racing hybrids,and the car has been f----d up.Just hope that the racing is better.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

It's going to be hard to beat guys like Jeff, Jimmie, Kasey, Jr and Harvick in this race.

Most likely to pull an upset you'll need to time your pit stops right and stretch fuel mileage and hope a big accident occurs and/or the top drivers fall by the wayside.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

That's what happened with Mears in 07.A couple of the leaders ran out of gas with less with ten laps to go,and that's why Mears won the race.

And Casey dueled J.J Yeley, Ricky Rudd and Kyle Petty for the win. Yeley, Rudd and Petty wouldn't have been close to sniffing the lead without fuel gambles.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

David Ragan has been a surprise this weekend. He's been in or near the Top-10 of every practice chart and had a surprising top-10 qualifying effort. I'll take him as my darkhorse pick. I'm still taking Jimmie, Harvick, Truex, and my always-biased pick in Jeff Gordon as drivers to watch. Hope it's better than the other 1.5 mile track races this year.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2000 winner Kenseth grabbing the pole here,Rowdy,coming back after Daytona,grabbed 17th while Carl showed 3rd.

Some suprising ones are Austin Dillion in 11th,David Ragan 7th,and Tony Stewart,coming through a dismal season,qulafied 12th.

It would be great if Carl or Tony won,because Carl is doing tough situating with his JGR ride and Tony hasn't gone in victory lane in two years.

David Ragan,normally a superspeedway power,lighted up tonight.If he does good on Sunday night,he may as well get the win.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Archived