3. Newman

4. Khane

5. Kurt Busch

6. Keselowski

7. Truex Jr.

8. Logano

9. Gordon

10. Larson

Another dominance performance from Harvick & Kurt was making a statement that he was back. Next up, Fontana.

baltimoreravens.png

Due to reaccuring blood clots, Brian Vickers is forced to step out of the driver's seat of MWR's 55 once again.

I hate to say it because I actually like Vickers, but I really think he needs to retire. In the end, your safety and health is way more important. Best of wishes for a speedy recovery.

Results from Fontana:

1. Keselowski

2. Harvick

3. Kurt Busch

4. Menard

5. Newman

6. Earnhardt Jr.

7. Logano

8. Truex Jr.

9. Johnson

10. Gordon

What a race, especially near the final lap. Kurt had a dominate car but so did Denny & Matt Kenseth. Too bad they lost it in the pits. Kurt almost had it but Penske has had some fast cars. I got a feeling its going to be a battle between Penske & Stewart Haas for most of the season. Next up, we get some short track action at the paperclip, Martinsville. It will also be Chase Elliot's first Sprint cup race.

baltimoreravens.png

Unrelated to the race itself, but I noticed FOX usually does, for example, "100 laps to go" when the race enters a certain point. I did notice for today's race, the did exactly that but also added what lap they were on. I like that setup much better because for me I like to know which lap they are on as opposed to a lap countdown

So how does anybody justify them throwing the yellow at Daytona but not today? No consistency.

Biffle's car was able to move. The ones at Daytona weren't, requiring safety crews to be dispatched.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So how does anybody justify them throwing the yellow at Daytona but not today? No consistency.

Biffle's car was able to move. The ones at Daytona weren't, requiring safety crews to be dispatched.

That doesn't wash, since they threw a flag when David Ragan spun and was able to move. The inconsistency is what's irking many fans.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Exactly. Also, they need to verify Biffle doesn't collect anybody else, doesn't leave any debris, and can move or else it would be a caution. That can't all be done in a timely enough manner. They need to throw the caution when it's clear there's a wreck (based on the precedent set at Daytona, anyways), and in this case, that would have been before Keselowski made the pass

IUe6Hvh.png

That race was damn good,but that last lap pass was all it took for ''Brad''.

Also,i'm happy that NASCAR allowed Brett Moffitt to run for ROTY.I think that he will outright win.

Plus,I'm ready for Martinsville.And I am excited for Chase Elliott,making his debut on NASCAR's top tier level.Expect for him to be somewhere in the top 20.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Look, Biffle's car had no damage and didn't collect anyone else. Everyone was expecting them to push the yellow button, but they knew that they may get out to calling the race dead. Yeah Daytona's crash happened on the backstrech and wouldn't have effected the race before the finish, but there was damage and safety is the main issue. They could see that Biffle was trying to turn the car around and would've ended it if he couldn't move. Yeah it's inconsistent but this was a one car accident, not a pile up. Imagine winning the 500, you're excited and not expecting safety trucks right after you get out of turn 2.

And believe me, they are inconsistent. Talladega Nationwide race 2 years ago, they wrecked coming to the trioval, and Kasey Kahne won on a 3 wide finish, which was overturned cause of the yellow. They had literally 2 and a half miles to find out about the crash and slow. But there were atleast 10 cars scattered on the track.

Yeah, they could've let the race run 500 more feet or whatever, but there was an actual reason to throw the yellow, unlike Biffle on Sunday. You guys are complaining that they let them finish. If they through a yellow, you all would be like "CAUTION FOR THAT?". You guys are the inconsistent ones.

Like every other sport, I hate when officiating is different in the beginning of the game, and they swallow the whistle at the end. Rules are rules. If that's a caution at lap one, then that is a caution at lap 200. If it "ruins" the finish, then so be it. You can thank these ridiculous GWC finishes for starting this crap.

On another note, I'm surprised NASCAR hasn't read the riot act to the spotters, 90% of them question NASCAR's integrity on every late debris caution.

iq5b7nF.png

Archived